How Are You Going To Watch Trial ? Live Feed & Smart Phone Info

<sigh> I hate to do this to you all, But do you realize the Drew Peterson Trial also starts in May as well as the Michael Jackson trial? I have followed the Peterson Story as well, and will have to follow as well. <sigh>

I've been following the Peterson case too, and the trial won't start in May. We're awaiting the appellate court to come back with their ruling on what hearsay statements can be included by the state in the trial. The appellate court's ruling is expected about mid-May. At that point a trial date can be set, but we don't expect to see a trial date any earlier than September.

Also, either the state or the defense in the Peterson case can appeal the appellate court's ruling to the state supreme court. If that happens, the trial won't happen for at least a year.

I will be posting the trial in full every day (hopefully) and uploading it to my YouTube channel like I have all the other hearings! :)

http://www.youtube.com/Sierra1947

I have a few days off starting May 18th. Company will be visiting from Florida(they believe KC is guilty too.)It should be interesting to hear their input on the case and what other Floridians are saying. So I will be able to catch some of the trial then. We can go on the internet at work during lunch. My boss has seen me on this site several times already. If I am not watching from work at lunch time I will definitely be reading posts here and catch what I missed on your you tube channel or internet news. If the trials continues into July I have two weeks off at that time but I hope its over by then. I want to have some summer fun. Thanks Patty G

I am anxiously awaiting the Anthony trial, but my biggest hurtle is being able to get up on time to watch the entire day's coverage. I'm on the west coast, and if court begins at 8:30am in Florida, that's 5:30am here on the west coast!

I'm a night owl and sometimes don't go to bed until well after midnight. Getting up at 5:30am is going to be a trial in itself for me!

What I'm thinking of doing is giving myself two weeks to try to go to bed earlier and be able to get up at an earlier hour.

OK - If I buy an Ipad...and get some type of wireless monthly card, would that work? Anybody? I like to watch on the link that Tulessa always posts as her favorite, but I dont' know what it is at the moment. something like Akai.....blah...soemthing. It evidently uses my media player when it comes up on my computer screen.
But if I had an Ipad and went to a website, say WESH.com and clicked on their livestream, would that work?

I'm sorry, I tried to quote the second question about the iPad also, but didn't know how:banghead: I have an iPad and have been unable to watch any of the live streams because they all require a flash player and Apple does not support Flash. Someone responded earlier in this thread that they had gotten the Skyfire app to work. I downloaded it and I still can't figure out to get it yo work. It keeps telling me to turn off my pop up blocker, but I did and it is still not working.

You can either get wireless or 3G. I know ther was another app that was supposed to only work with wireless.

In a perfect world, I would like to be able to watch the live streams on the iPad 3G anywhere I go. Not sure if I will be able to figure it out by May 9. I'm supposed to be on vacation that week and will be in Key West and won't have access to tv. So... I'm panicking a little. I will be fooling these posts closely! Thanks for anyone who can help us novice iPad users. Seems we have the technology, but not the know how:banghead::banghead:

I am anxiously awaiting the Anthony trial, but my biggest hurtle is being able to get up on time to watch the entire day's coverage. I'm on the west coast, and if court begins at 8:30am in Florida, that's 5:30am here on the west coast!

I'm a night owl and sometimes don't go to bed until well after midnight. Getting up at 5:30am is going to be a trial in itself for me!

What I'm thinking of doing is giving myself two weeks to try to go to bed earlier and be able to get up at an earlier hour.

------------
Leila, me too!! I have insomnia big time sometimes going to sleep at 7am..
This will be hard. Of course being 79 years old comes in handy as I can sleep
after the trial goes off. :floorlaugh:

I'm sorry, I tried to quote the second question about the iPad also, but didn't know how:banghead: I have an iPad and have been unable to watch any of the live streams because they all require a flash player and Apple does not support Flash. Someone responded earlier in this thread that they had gotten the Skyfire app to work. I downloaded it and I still can't figure out to get it yo work. It keeps telling me to turn off my pop up blocker, but I did and it is still not working.

You can either get wireless or 3G. I know ther was another app that was supposed to only work with wireless.

In a perfect world, I would like to be able to watch the live streams on the iPad 3G anywhere I go. Not sure if I will be able to figure it out by May 9. I'm supposed to be on vacation that week and will be in Key West and won't have access to tv. So... I'm panicking a little. I will be fooling these posts closely! Thanks for anyone who can help us novice iPad users. Seems we have the technology, but not the know how:banghead::banghead:

mombomb and the other members that asked about the iPad. I don't own an iPad but I use my Macbook all the time to watch the continuing coverage after In Session goes off at 3pm.

I can't get the link Tulessa uses to work on my Macbook so I use live/cnn.com and it works all the time! I am pretty sure if it works on my Macbook, it should work on an iPad.

Hope that helps a little!

Well, I just had my boss switch my schedule to where I will be working Sunday's (I hate working Sunday's!!)... I will only be working nights during the other days. Two full days off during the week!! :great: Saturday may present a problem... didn't Judge Perry say that they will be working on Saturday's too??

I gave up all my good days off and am working more night shifts! All for this trial!! I told my boss that once the trial is over... I want MY SCHEDULE BACK!! :floorlaugh:

mombomb and the other members that asked about the iPad. I don't own an iPad but I use my Macbook all the time to watch the continuing coverage after In Session goes off at 3pm.

I can't get the link Tulessa uses to work on my Macbook so I use live/cnn.com and it works all the time! I am pretty sure if it works on my Macbook, it should work on an iPad.

Hope that helps a little!

Thanks so much Trapshooter, but I am able to watch the live feed though live/cnn.com on my Macbook at home, but they just won't work on my iPad. Maybe we need a technical difficulties thread:maddening: 'bout ready to call Geek Squad all so I can watch the trial when not at home:banghead:

Does anyone know if any radio stations will be broadcasting the trial, or how I can find that out? Maybe that way it would be available thru IHEARTRADIO and we could at least listen.

So the IPad problem seems to be that it doesn't support the flash media file which lets me watch the hearings now through livestreaming on my regular desktop. Right? There has got to be something else that Apple uses to support livestreaming media. Hmmmmm...I'll try to get one of my IT guys here at work cornered to pick their brains. If I find out something, I will let you know.
My problem is that I can live stream from home and from my desktop here at work, but we are really "forbidden" to livestream at work. Evidently it uses too much bandwidth or something. But my thought is if I have my OWN wireless device, either a phone or an IPad with my OWN media support which allows me to access the internet, I will be ok.
Maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to buy and IPad which I really, really, want!

So the IPad problem seems to be that it doesn't support the flash media file which lets me watch the hearings now through livestreaming on my regular desktop. Right? There has got to be something else that Apple uses to support livestreaming media. Hmmmmm...I'll try to get one of my IT guys here at work cornered to pick their brains. If I find out something, I will let you know.
My problem is that I can live stream from home and from my desktop here at work, but we are really "forbidden" to livestream at work. Evidently it uses too much bandwidth or something. But my thought is if I have my OWN wireless device, either a phone or an IPad with my OWN media support which allows me to access the internet, I will be ok.
Maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to buy and IPad which I really, really, want!

Yes, TotallyObsessed, it's the Flash that is the problem - and maybe the 3G vs wireless. Oh, buy one! I love mine, other than this issue! I stay up to date on Websleuths while waiting in line where ever I am. I even read it while on the treadmill at the gym:great:

I have an itouch and there is an app called cloud browse that I have that allows you to view flash on itouch, iPad, or iPhone. It is a bit difficult to navigate at first but I eventually got the hang of it. You just open the app and then use it just as you would a browser.

I have the Ipad (with Wi-fi + 3G). Mac desktops and laptops are fine, it's Ipads and Iphones that don't support Flash video. I purchased the Skyfire app (thanks OMACHKA!) and it works. Hope this helps: Once you've purchased Skyfire, open it and use it as your browser (instead of Safari). Then, as a test, go to WFTV website. Select a hearing video you'd like to watch. When the error message appears saying that Flash video isn't supported, push the "video" icon at the bottom left corner of your screen. Skyfire will convert the video to another format and start playing it for you. Hope it works for you! It also works for live streaming video.

I'm taking my last final exam on the morning of May 16th - graduating from nursing school - Woohoo! Jury selection begins on May 11th, doesn't it? Then the trial on May 16th?

We will be moving out of state the beginning of June, so I figure I'll be toting my laptop around from room to room while packing:) And then again while unpacking at our new home.

The timing of this couldn't be better - like everyone here, I've anxiously been awaiting Justice for Caylee.

I have the Ipad (with Wi-fi + 3G). Mac desktops and laptops are fine, it's Ipads and Iphones that don't support Flash video. I purchased the Skyfire app (thanks OMACHKA!) and it works. Hope this helps: Once you've purchased Skyfire, open it and use it as your browser (instead of Safari). Then, as a test, go to WFTV website. Select a hearing video you'd like to watch. When the error message appears saying that Flash video isn't supported, push the "video" icon at the bottom left corner of your screen. Skyfire will convert the video to another format and start playing it for you. Hope it works for you! It also works for live streaming video.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Ok, I think I made my decision to get the IPad. I also was browsing the media packages available, and looks like (as someone mentioned earlier) Virgin Mobile lets you have an unlimited package for $50 month, no contract. I would be more than willing to pay $50 to be able to see the trial live.

ETA: Happy Mothers Day to me.

I watch on myfoxorlando.com and it never times out.

Find this thread hilarious though!! I was wondering the same thing about myself. I can stream at work, but for pete's sakes...I can't spend every day watching the trial!! Have my own legal work to keep up with. Watch what I can and hope the big guys in my office are out a bunch during that time.

I can stream at work - with earbuds in - but like you I have to get my work done; but, I realized while watching the hearings at work that when the defense is questioning someone it ends up being so much useless dribble that it is easy (and self-protective) to just tune them out and do my work. So between defence questioning, all the breaks they take, and in camera conferences - I will have plenty of time to do my normal job and still not miss anything of importance.;)

I can stream at work - with earbuds in - but like you I have to get my work done; but, I realized while watching the hearings at work that when the defense is questioning someone it ends up being so much useless dribble that it is easy (and self-protective) to just tune them out and do my work. So between defence questioning, all the breaks they take, and in camera conferences - I will have plenty of time to do my normal job and still not miss anything of importance.;)

I actually work BETTER during a hearing!! I guess when it is JB, it is kind of like "white noise".....LOL!

OMG - My law clerk just said I could use her IPad for the trial.......
(but I still want one for me!)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Ok, I think I made my decision to get the IPad. I also was browsing the media packages available, and looks like (as someone mentioned earlier) Virgin Mobile lets you have an unlimited package for $50 month, no contract. I would be more than willing to pay $50 to be able to see the trial live.

ETA: Happy Mothers Day to me.

My son was just visiting here with his family and he is using a portable wifi router from Clear. It's 4G, very fast and has unlimited data (I don't know about a contract). I don't know if it's available everywhere but you can just google Clear 4g and it comes up. It's less than the Virgin rates.

Does IPad have a preferences section like a mac computer? Usually it is in the dropdown menu of whatever software you are using. You may need to type in the name of the feed to "allow" it. Countzero is the IPad pro around here I think - let's see if she pops up and answers you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back