How is This affecting you, your kids and your family?

How do I deal with it?

I look at my kids and remember how precious they are. That at any time, for no reason, they could be gone, and I make a vow to myself to spend each moment with them as if it is the only moment. And when I forget, and start nagging again, I pause, and thank god they are there to annoy me.

Then i tell them they are so loved, and my personal angels, then they tell me to stop crying and we go about our business :D

If my dd were still little, I would not be able to read this. I would not follow this case in the news. I did not follow JonBenet until about 2004. My dd was 1 when she was murdered, and I couldn't watch the TV.

I always panicked if I couldn't account for 6 seconds of my daughter's life. When we went to the pool, she had to be in my line of sight, even up to last year. This year (she's 13) I relaxed a bit and let her go to the public pool with her friend. I think she held my hand in the parking lot until she was 9. (she's a pretty easy-going kid and no one made fun of her for it) It was only in the last couple of years that I let her play the x-box displays while I did my shopping at Target.

I put my dd in martial arts when she was 6, with the full intention that she would be able to take care of herself by the time she was a teen. She is now a black belt.

It's easier now, that I can't imagine what it would be like for her to be missing and so young. I don't see her face when I look at Caylee's picture like I would have years ago.

My ex and I have always said that if someone killed our dd, we would gladly spend the rest of our lives in prison for killing her murderer. The only thing that would have stopped me is my step-kids needing me to stay out of prison to be there for me. But they're getting older, so I may be able to go back to my original plan.

Yes I have had my moments were Jianna can drive me crazy and push my buttons… but guess what I am pretty sure I did the very same thing to my parents… and I am still here BREATHING and pumping blood!

Why should I punish my daughter because I had her Casey was a grown woman she was 18 I believe she could of gotten an abortion or given her up she doesn't have to blame the mom… maybe the whole giving up was another lie to her friend… who knows who cares… what is IMPORTANT is that Caylee is no longer here because of a selfish person.

And yes this has affected me a lot I look at Jianna and the thought of hurting make me want to throw up and I look at and I can't help but smile st her

My daughter is hitting her terrible twos… an only child…
trust me she is a handful… but never can I hurt her…

BUT I DO KNOW THAT IF MY LITTLE GIRL WAS IN DANGER I WOULD BE IN JAIL TOO BUT NOT FOR BEING INVOLVED BUT KILLING THE ONE THAT HURT MY LITTLE GIRL

and I refuse to give her any slack for having a mental problem she is evil and had it planned out she just didn't think her mom was on her trial…

she wanted the cards to play differently

and trust me if it was an accident she would of said so COME on you know how many people would have pity for her because her daughter died by accident Casey would have loved for that to be the case…

Excellent post!:clap::clap::clap:

I am a brand new poster athough have been lurking for weeks. I have been captivated by this case. My daughter is 3...will turn 4 in mid Sept. My wife and I were creeped out initially by this case because Caylee really looks alot like my daughter (especially the common photo you see where she resting her head on her hand). My heart goes out to Caylee as I cannot imagine a parent harming their own child. I can't get my head around this. My daughter is everything to me. This case is so tragic. I only hope they bring sweet little Caylee home one way or another. If she is no longer with us (and I believe this is the case), then I know she is in the loving grace of Jesus, and is comforted in His love and grace. God Bless you Caylee.:)

It's difficult for me to deal with because I just don't get Casey Anthony's lack of emotion and total disregard to the loss of her daughter. I have a 5 year old little girl, and I can't and don't want to imagine what it would be like for her to be missing. I would be shouting from the rooftops and begging for her to come home. But with today's news, it looks like Caylee may never be coming home.
This story makes me realize how lucky I am to have such a beautiful little girl. She is my everything. It's sad that poor Caylee never had anyone that felt that way about her.

My daughters are 8 and 5. I don't usually watch the news while they are awake, but we were at a restaurant the other day that had TVs on with Caylee's pictures, and my oldest said, "Oh, I've seen that girl before. She's so cute. Why is she on TV?" So, we explained what's been going on without going into too much detail, and they both found it very sad. They haven't mentioned it since, though.

It is because of my family that I am here. If ever there was an emergency with my family, I would want the great group of people that are here to be working on my case, turning over every rock to search for answers. I am a very busy mom and person, but I devote at least an hour or so every night after my kids are in bed (and sometimes during the day while they are at school) to come here and see where I can help.

My kids are not affected by this particular case because I have not talked to them about it, and I do not watch news etc with them around-I think they would be traumatized. I have talked to them about Anna Waters and MJD (Tawnee).

On the daily updates local stations are discussing the trauma that schoolchildren in the Orlando area may be experiencing due to the information about this case being aired. I wondered if any of you are having the same experiences in your house as a result of following this case so closely. I know my children have been exposed, probably more than they should have, to the details of this case. Especially on "discovery day" and the days that followed. Mine are pretty matter of fact. They are 10, 8, and 6. I didn't really see any signs of stress at first, but my youngest is truly disturbed by KC standing accused. Just wanted to know how you guys are handling it all.

My children are doing okay, they are 17, 15, 13, and 12 (one who is 27 is grown and married). I have to admit though, I only watch NG in the evenings with my Husband and that is the only time the kids see coverage of this case. I come here and read articles on the internet to keep up to date. I became very sensitive to what my children saw and perceived about what was on the news when my Husband did his first deployment to Iraq. Coverage of the war upset them greatly and I had to make sure to not turn on the news while they were home. That is how I came by the habit of reading the news on the internet and then stumbled across this website when I was interested in the details of another case.
About the children in Orlando at the elementary school, here in our community (military almost exclusively) we have counselers that come to the schools when something tragic happens to another child. We also have counselers that see the children to help them cope with multiple deployments that rotate into and out of the schools on a regular basis. I do think the children at Hidden Oaks would greatly benefit from having visits to the school with well trained counselers to help them cope with this horrible death of Caylee.

My grandchildren knew I was absorbed in this case and that I was going to Orlando for the searches. They were compassionate and understanding and when they heard the news that she had been found so close to the mother's home, they were confused as to who did it as they cannot comprehend that a "mother" would do something like this to their own child. I had to answer they are trying to find that out.

I try not to speak about it and try to limit my news coverage when they are around.

My daughters are 2.5 and 9 months, so they haven't any idea what is going on. They have seen lots of photos of Caylee, and just smile and look interested.

I'm sure my husband is sick to death of hearing about it, and can't wait until the trial is over so I can stop talking his ear off about the whole thing.

My 8 year old son is deeply disturbed by this whole ordeal. He caught me watching NG one evening and I explained the situation to him as best I could. I no longer watch NG while he is around (try to catch the 10pm rerun after he goes to bed). He's become much more clingy to me and tells me almost on a daily basis, "I hope they find Caylee, mom". He does not know that her remains have been found.

My son saw a picture of Caylee on NG and asked about her and when I told him I noticed he was upset that she was missing (at the time she was just missing) That was it for me, I won't watch anything about this with him around. I won't subject my son to this while I follow it.

My daughters are 2.5 and 9 months, so they haven't any idea what is going on. They have seen lots of photos of Caylee, and just smile and look interested.

I'm sure my husband is sick to death of hearing about it, and can't wait until the trial is over so I can stop talking his ear off about the whole thing.

My husband is not too happy about my continued interest in this case either.
He used to come home from work with my asking how was your day?
Now, before both of his feet are in the door he's getting updates and he just rolls his eyes.

My Dad (retired Police Chief) thinks it's strange that I'm so interested in the case - he gets kind of frustrated when I ask police questions - so now I only ask them in passing

My kids 20 and 17 are bored with it - my 20 yr old who lived in Orlando during this whole search is adamant that Casey is so darn guilty and should be put to death in a year after trial the same way that she killed Caylee - my 17 yr old is the 'lawyer' in the family and keeps telling her sister - thats not what the law provides, she gets her defense and trial and we'll look at the evidence to see if she is guilty - BOTH are so sad that Caylee is dead and get very upset when the news shows her singing video

They hate it that I watch NG everyday, when Dr. Phil had the show my daughter asks me - 'c'mon mom, now Dr. Phil? we already watch NG!'

So I have to watch in the other room at night sometimes

Just wait until the trial - that will be on tv every day

My kids are 8, 3 and 1. When this case first broke, my 8 year old asked me if they found her, could we adopt her? It just broke my heart because I knew in all likeliness she would not be found alive. After a while and after all of the developments, the first question out of my daughter's mouth every day when she got home from school was, "Have they found Caylee yet?". While my kids do not watch NG with me, they know that that is "Mommy's TV time". When my daughter heard that they had found Caylee's remains, she told me that she was glad that now she could come back home. I am reminded every day of how much she loves me and how glad she is that I am her mommy.

My kids are 18,16,12,10 and they are way less interested in this case than I. At first they never really paid much attention and then when the remains were discovered they started following all the news coverage with me. Last night my 10 year old was drawing at the table, a Christmas picture for me and daddy, and out of the blue she perked up and said Mommy, this would only be Caylee's 3rd Christmas, it's so sad Mommy. I teared up and hugged her for saying out loud what I have been thinking all month.

My 21 y/o called me last Friday at 3:00 p.m. She had heard the news, and wanted to check in to talk about it, and see if I was ok. And not only did DH let me wacth LKL that night, he even yelled at the tv, too! They get it.

I don't have children but it has affected me and because of that it has affected my husband. Last weekend was a very emotional time and I had to make myself aware that I was going through some of the grieving process. I was exremely sensitive about things and we'd gone into walmart to get a few things, we ended up leaving because I started to cry, my poor husband has never had to deal with this before.

VB

my son is almost 12 years old, he understands things alot more than others his age, he is all for casey being in jail. he thinks people should not harm children in any way and they should recieve the dp for that action. i try to keep thing like this from him but he has ears and his own opinions. i answer his questions to the best of my ability, but sometimes you just have to be truthful

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back