How significant were pageants in JonBenet's life?

oops- her name was Swan Brooner. The name of it was: Living Dolls..
it shows all they go through ALOT. Way too much. They even give FAKE teeth if they lose their baby teeth before a pageant. and.....do you notice how alot of the mothers, they are fat and do not look too good?
I forgot how much the professional photo shoot cost but it was very expensive. The prices on those dresses are outrageous, too. Im thinking this is BIG business at the price of these little kids.

I remember seeing a few minutes of an episode.the little girl was crying for a donut and the mom kept saying (very aggressive tone,it annoyed the hell outta me!) no no no,you're on a diet.WTF?!I would have slapped the woman,thank God it was on TV.FGS go live your OWN dream.go to the gym.
is it only me or do these moms have an issue with their own sexuality?

I'm only a lurker in this case, so I don't know if this photo is authentic ot not - but if it's real, I think it says "only 9" was at least one too many:

jonbenet.jpg

http://www.fashionofgoodwill.org/blog/2010/07/01/little-miss-sunshine/

~*~

ETA: I made a general discussion thread about child pageants in the Tots forum if people want to discuss the topic in general.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130609"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm only a lurker in this case, so I don't know if this photo is authentic ot not - but if it's real, I think it says "only 9" was at least one too many:

jonbenet.jpg

http://www.fashionofgoodwill.org/blog/2010/07/01/little-miss-sunshine/

~*~

ETA: I made a general discussion thread about child pageants in the Tots forum if people want to discuss the topic in general.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Yes, that picture is authentic. :/

And the "only" 9 part is from the Ramseys. When you put into perspective and realize that 7 out of 9 of these pageants were in the last eight months of JonBenet's life, it doesn't seem so minor. If JonBenet was doing one pageant a month in 1996, there's no doubt in my mind that she would be doing a pageant a week by 1997 or 1998 if she had lived.

JonBenet's life at the time of her death was getting very busy with pageants and performances. On December 6, she had her own float in a parade. She was in a pageant on December 17 and performed at a mall on December 21 or 22. She also performed for every grade in her school right before Winter Break started. She had another pageant on January 5, 1997 in Hawaii. Plus, the whole family was going to Michigan and Florida too in the middle of all this. I get exhausted just thinking about it.

The incredibly sad thing to me is that when you watch Toddlers and Tiaras is the ONLY people in the audience are the parents of the contestants who haven't competed yet.

We've only seen pictures and videos from nine of JonBenet's pageants so unless she did a pageant where no footage has been released (which I find very doubtful), then I believe we've seen them all. Like marycarney said, you can win multiple trophies at one pageant.

JonBenet had about 7-8 different costumes per pageant, plus a different hairstyle for each costume. She had eleven different costumes for the Randall Simmons shoot. That sounds like a lot of work for a 6-year-old.

This is all one pageant....notice how the backdrop is the same:

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

Although they seem to have similar backgrounds, I think the last one is from a different pageant, as her sash says something different than the sash in a previous one; also the white fencing prop has a green background and flowers in that last one.

The incredibly sad thing to me is that when you watch Toddlers and Tiaras is the ONLY people in the audience are the parents of the contestants who haven't competed yet.

I'm pretty sure pageants aren't open to the general public so that would explain why only family members are there.

Yes, that picture is authentic. :/

And the "only" 9 part is from the Ramseys. When you put into perspective and realize that 7 out of 9 of these pageants were in the last eight months of JonBenet's life, it doesn't seem so minor. If JonBenet was doing one pageant a month in 1996, there's no doubt in my mind that she would be doing a pageant a week by 1997 or 1998 if she had lived.

JonBenet's life at the time of her death was getting very busy with pageants and performances. On December 6, she had her own float in a parade. She was in a pageant on December 17 and performed at a mall on December 21 or 22. She also performed for every grade in her school right before Winter Break started. She had another pageant on January 5, 1997 in Hawaii. Plus, the whole family was going to Michigan and Florida too in the middle of all this. I get exhausted just thinking about it.

JMO, a child who has to have dyed and teased, curled up grown-up hair, make up, spray tans, flipper teeth to cover their real teeth, fabulous outfits they could not act like a normal child their age while wearing, and learning routines with suggestive undertones, translates to a child I need props to make myself beautiful. I must be perfect. I am not good enough just like I am. And the competition/ trophy part is really the reward for the mom.
They are not into the pageant thing or photoshoot thing like their moms are, JMO, because if you watch the pageant show (Toddlers and Tiaras) you see kids in meltdowns, moms making bargains with the kids to pleeeease do their routine and after wards they will get something in return (McDonalds, a toy they want, etc) Have you seen the moms? Standing up mouthing and dancing to the routine along with their kid...standing in the aisle, even, none of them look like they are beauty pagent material themselves...living vicariously??

When my niece was participating in pageants they were open to anyone who wished to attend. Usually, though, it is only close family members who wish to attend. Sooo glad she decided she didn't want to do them anymore (and that I don't have a sister like PR).

Does anyone remember the story about how JonBenet kicked Patsy in the shin? Was that at a pageant? And I also recall hearing that JonBenet told someone that she didn't like the pageants because the runway scared her. Anyone have more info or a source about these?

It's not just the pageants that had to be very stressful for JonBenet but also the photoshoots. JonBenet had eleven costumes for her Randall Simmons photoshoot when she was FIVE, before she had even entered Kindergarten.

Does anyone have "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town"? On page 258, it says: "Because JonBenet was only 6, Randy set aside only half a day. He knew he'd be lucky to get an hour or two from a child that young..." That's all the preview will let me see. If someone could post the rest of the section, that would be great.

I'm pretty sure pageants aren't open to the general public so that would explain why only family members are there.

They are usually open to the public. They are usually held in hotel banquet rooms or some public area of a hotel. Only family members are usually there because unless you have a child participating, why watch? And I am sure there are at least some onlookers.

They are usually open to the public. They are usually held in hotel banquet rooms or some public area of a hotel. Only family members are usually there because unless you have a child participating, why watch? And I am sure there are at least some onlookers.

Am sure that's a place a pedophile would love to be. Gawking at little girls dressed provocatively, yeah that would attract the sick-o's.

Am sure that's a place a pedophile would love to be. Gawking at little girls dressed provocatively, yeah that would attract the sick-o's.

I could be wrong but I feel that pedophiles would prefer to drive by the local park or go to the community swimming park where little kids are since they actually look like little kids, and that's what pedos like. After all, think about how many kids we know of that have been playing outside and were spotted by some sicko who kidnapped, raped, and murdered them.

Because a child can win multiple trophies at one pageant - stuff like 'Best Costume' "Most Talented' "Most Beautiful" and the like. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I know this from watching Toddlers and Tiaras - I can't help myself, it's like if a house is burning down, you HAVE to watch, right?? :loser:

mary, I'm hooked on Little Miss Perfect on the W Channel, although most of the Little Miss Perfects are all in reruns now. I watch it like someone who has to go to a house fire or watch a train wreck.

I marvel that these moms, who all appear to look the same and act the same about their daughter's chances of winning a "glitz" pageant. While their daughters are on stage performing in what they call "Wow Wear," the moms are behind the audience acting out the entire performance to coach their daughters, or they continue to point to their own mouth to remind the kid to smile and "sparkle."

Actually some good came from watching, I learned to do a "sassy walk." LOL

As for Jonbenet and pagents, her costumes were outrageous and many of them resembled ones her mother had worn in her pageant days. To me, it was Patsy who was in love with the pageants and Jonbenet probably would not dare to dig in her heels and say "No. I want to stay home." jmo

PR over the top involvement in the pageants is all the more reason I think BR did it. PR wasnt going to kill her "toy", her "doll". All of this attention probably made BR hate her even more than the usual sibling rivalry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back