How to get yourself & a child out of the school and into a vehicle?

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to get yourself and a child:

1) out of this school

2) into a vehicle

3) drive away without anyone seeing the child in your vehicle

Parameters:

a) there are many people entering the school as you do this, both adults and children. Keep this in mind, because you must ensure, or minimize the chances of, anyone seeing the child with you.

b) there are many people exiting the school as you do this. Most are adults; few, if any, are children. Keep this in mind because the child you need to get into your vehicle will stand out as a rare child exiting the school. You must ensure, or minimize the chances of, anyone seeing the child with you.

c) the child may or may not be seen for a final time at the south entrance of the school

d) the vehicle may or may not be a Ford truck or a red Mustang

e) you may or may not have one distinctive feature that would normally be very noticeable to others - very long, curly red hair.

f) the has one distinctive feature that would normally make him more memorable - he wears glasses. Only approximately 10% of children wear glasses. http://www.dictionaryfordads.com/childrenandglasses.htm

This exercise may help us to develop leads and tips we could send in to LE, if we can come up with several ways this can be accomplished, so...

How would you do it? Go!

Pictures of school, some with entrances defined, are here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5303623&postcount=22"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Skyline Elementary School[/ame]

and here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5313412&postcount=50"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Skyline Elementary School[/ame]

What other parameters/requirements does this have to be accomplished within?

You tell your child it's a trick. You tell him to go "hide" in the floor of the truck and you will be there in a few minutes. If anyone saw Kyron by his truck would they really have thought anything about it at the time?

I think this is something that you can chalk up to...it happened because it did.

I'm not convinced that she had this planned but even if she did it could have just been a case of leaving while everyone else was inside and when nobody else was arriving. I've left baseball stadiums early before and encountered no one on my way out when there were tens of thousands of people inside the stadium. If she took the side door to the parking lot they could have left quickly unnoticed. Also, when everybody is paying attention to their kids or parents it's not an observant environment. People are worried about their own thing, not who is slipping out the side door to the parking lot.

This is an interesting topic. Let's not confuse this scenario with fact. Although it may be a fact in our minds, it is not a fact released by LE or the media and we can't say it is a fact unless we have a link.

This has been a question in my mind for at least a week. I look forward to your speculations. :)

You tell your child it's a trick. You tell him to go "hide" in the floor of the truck and you will be there in a few minutes. If anyone saw Kyron by his truck would they really have thought anything about it at the time?

The thing is, and here's what's driving me crazy, is that so far as we know, Kyron was last seen *inside* the school. There were people going in and out of the building. I keep looking at the pictures and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a child into a vehicle and off the premises with that child never being seen.

Was it rainy that morning? Maybe an umbrella helped hide her identity, no one really noticed her.

Very carefully, thats how you do it JMO

Here is what I do.
I say, "Hey, your glasses are smudgy. Let me clean them for you," on the way out.
I wear a hat, or the hood up on a hoody; or, my hair is up, so it does not look long.
I would hide in plain sight; just stroll out, with sunglasses, not making eye contact with anyone. People don't pay attention to a lot of what they see.

This is an interesting topic. Let's not confuse this scenario with fact. Although it may be a fact in our minds, it is not a fact released by LE or the media and we can't say it is a fact unless we have a link.

This has been a question in my mind for at least a week. I look forward to your speculations. :)

Sorry, Kimster. I actually tried very hard to make sure I was sticking solely with known facts for the scenario.

ETA: Sorry, Kimster. I think I know what you were referring to, and I made a change to my OP. I should have caught that. :(

You could come super early, like before 8:15, when not many people were around, talk to a few people, take a couple of pics and be out of there as soon as the coast was clear, before many people were around. Tell people later that you were around until 8:45. Who's to say you weren't? Oh, yeah, the people filling out those questionaires.
I'm pretty sure someone could go out to a truck without being seen that morning, even someone with red hair, because no one has come forward to say they saw her leave, with or without Kyron.

I'm thinking...... In reference to.... e)
you have one distinctive feature that would normally be very noticeable to others - very long, curly red hair.

Disguise my appearance...She could have put her hair up and covered it with a scarf or a different style/color wig..

I'd have to think some more about my answer (it's a work in progress) but I just wanted to thank BeanE for this awesome idea/post. I look forward to reading everyone elses answers!

entrance4.jpg

entrance3.jpg

I'll accept the mission.

Look at the two pic above.

The south door was where Kyron was last seen (either in or out)

If you notice there is a "dirt" road that comes in from the front road and runs along the soccer field. (Probably to bring equipment in and out). On the front road side - this "path" creates a "pull off" if you will from the main road.

I would have made sure "something" was left behind by the child in the vehicle. Then as I was preparing to leave and have him go to class, I would convienently ask the child, "do you have your________". Immediately the child would remember that he forgot it in the truck.

Ok, I tell him. You go to class and then come down those stairs to that door. I'll go get the truck and meet you out there - you can run out to the truck and get "it".

Again, look at those pics. There is tree cover that would conceal your vehicle from the second story windows and also trees that would provide some cover for the child as he "runs out to the truck". Cars on the road of course would see you - but if you are rummaging around or hanging out the window waving a schoolbook or papers while you're idling.......

Once the child is at the truck you tell him get in.

Of course you are risking being seen - but I believe this would minimalize those chances and if you are - well the child is just running out to get something. The exit to the school parking lot is behind you and you are not in the mainstream of traffic lanes (you've pulled off to the side). The parking lot exit goes both left and right, so at least some of the traffic will turn left and not even notice you.

I want to play!...

Let's keep in mind that this was reportedly a shy child, a child who was not one to engage with strangers-I task you with thinking about the last large school event you attended; can you remember each 7 year old and each parent or adult with them if you did not know them well to begin with????

To me the key with getting Kyron out of the school is to make it as low key and normal looking as possible...."Hey Kyron, would you mind pushing the baby to the car for me? I am tired, need to stop and talk to a teacher, need to fix my shoe...(fill in the blank)" for example.

Or, "Kyron we can go to the Science fair, but you have a Dr's appointment this morning...yes, I will get you back in time for the talent show and of course I will be coming!"

I would be hard pressed to believe that there was any machination like to have him meet the person out back or something of that nature. But I could be wrong.

Now, I do not believe the person was a stranger to Kyron or a danger to the other kids because LE would so be on the hook if there was a random child kidnapper operating and they told the community to stand down. JMO. So, if the person who took Kyron knew him, they would need to have given him a plausible reason to leave the school that would sound normal if repeated to others...again, jmo.

I drop the kids off that I nanny in the morning (we homeschool our son) and it is a pretty small school here in Oregon. I would say most parents/people dropping off their kids seem to be in their own little worlds in the morning or in a rush to drop off their kids and get to work on time. I think it would be pretty easy on a hectic day like they were having at Skyline that day to go out a back door and walk to your car with not much of a thought from others as to what you are doing. Maybe she told Kyron he had an appt that morning and to go wait in the car/truck and she would be there in a few minutes?

The umbrella and hood thing would be very easy to use here in OR as it rains almost everyday! I would say it was most likely raining that morning.

I think either Knox or Jules hit the nail on the head. You have him leave the bldg at 9:10 [and clocks are everywhere in the school]. which would be after the bell has rung. All students will be in their classes while the teacher gives them directions and starting to walk down the hall. Most parents will have left before the bell rings and by 9:15 will be in their cars and out of the parking lot except for stragglers. She'll figure the chances of someone seeing them will be nip to nil as they'll be focusing on getting in their car and exiting the P lot. He'll know right where she's gonna be parked and run right to it.

Also, the windows in the school are no worry as people will be looking at exhibits or doing their job and not looking out the windows.

Hopefully the best laid plans of mice and men go aglay in this case and the flier might pull out that someone who saw them but didn't realize it at the time.

So weird...I was thinking of something very similar to this post this morning!

The only difference was that I wasn't thinking so much of the "escape" but, the actual process of the DISPOSAL of Kyron.

I think this is where we need to be focused on as well...where & how did the disposal take place and maybe one important thing that might link the POI to this crime (besides DNA evidence) is why the POI would choose this place?

I think either Knox or Jules hit the nail on the head. You have him leave the bldg at 9:10 [and clocks are everywhere in the school]. which would be after the bell has rung. All students will be in their classes while the teacher gives them directions and starting to walk down the hall. Most parents will have left before the bell rings and by 9:15 will be in their cars and out of the parking lot except for stragglers. She'll figure the chances of someone seeing them will be nip to nil as they'll be focusing on getting in their car and exiting the P lot. He'll know right where she's gonna be parked and run right to it.

Also, the windows in the school are no worry as people will be looking at exhibits or doing their job and not looking out the windows.

Hopefully the best laid plans of mice and men go aglay in this case and the flier might pull out that someone who saw them but didn't realize it at the time.

School had a delayed start that day-IIRC the classes began at 10AM.

I'm thinking...... In reference to.... e)
you have one distinctive feature that would normally be very noticeable to others - very long, curly red hair.

Disguise my appearance...She could have put her hair up and covered it with a scarf or a different style/color wig..

Either way there's that pesky little detail that a child is walking with you to sort of point out who you are, and a disguise or wig would only add to the attention in a small school parent group.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back