How to search-

How do I search for specific crimes and people? I tried search option and not finding anything about a specific crime or person.
How do I search for specific crimes and people? I tried search option and not finding anything about a specific crime or person.

I believe whoever does IT for the site needs to fix it, I can no loner search either, and i mean cases i know have threads because i have participated in discussions.

Is anyone still having any difficulty searching? I believe this issue is resolved. But I will leave the thread open for a while yet in case of any remaining issues. If no ongoing issues I will plan to close the thread and remove from public view on or after 12/15/18.

I either cant search or dont know how to. I've tried searching for a specific person, & also by state, but dont get accurate results. Thx.

Try again -- I just found a thread for a case -- had to try twice but that was me misspelling the deceased's surname.

Maybe try the place name? You'll need to scroll through a few more cases, but maybe typing in the city or county of interest will work.

Searching specifics on this website is so terrible! I want to search for Virginia stories.... How? What's the trick?

On the Home page, scroll down. You'll find some areas separated by years. Click on a time frame, and a list of threads will be there. In front of each thread is a pinkish box with the state abbreviation. Find one that reads VA, and click on that. You'll see threads of Virginia cases. Might take a bit of scrolling to find a VA case, or you can start at one you know & click the pinkish State box, IIRC.

The result looks like this:

The Unidentified

Counties work better in the Search box because those are spelled out. The 2 letter abbreviation for a state is often not successful there.

Agree that sometimes Google is just the thing, something like "Virginia cases Websleuths." This will likely also bring you missing people named Virginia, also.

Keep at it, you'll find something that works!

jmho ymmv lrr

I think the result totally depends on available threads or information in the database of websleuths. If your query does not match with the database, the result will be "not found" "no result found,"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back