How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

Darling136

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
@tigerteeth
Feel free to use the guidelines in post #1 of this thread to set up a thread for this case. They will walk you easily through the steps.
If there is any problem or question concerning this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

elframo

Reaction score
How do you get photographs to appear and not just the link ? thanks in advance...I'm dumb I know

NYanon

Reaction score
What is the guideline regarding whether a Missing Person thread should be located in general Missing discussion, or in Not Forgotten appropriate decade -- specifically, if the person has been missing since 2020 or 2021 or 2022 (current year 2022)?

Darling136

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
What is the guideline regarding whether a Missing Person thread should be located in general Missing discussion, or in Not Forgotten appropriate decade -- specifically, if the person has been missing since 2020 or 2021 or 2022 (current year 2022)?

You will see in the Missing Person forum that we have at moment cases up to 2020 or more precise May 2020 (when you jump to the last page). Means we have here all cases with a missing date of the last 2 years. They will be regularly moving when we progress throughout the year into the 2020 decade forum. If you have an older case, you can always start them in the appropriate time forum. Hope this helps!

Armchair63

Reaction score
How do you see all of the missing,the unidentified and the unclaimed on Namus . If log in to Namus I can’t see anything not unless I enter the number
If I just go to the Namus site I can see post but only about a page worth . Is this the way it is for all .

Laughing

Reaction score
How do you see all of the missing,the unidentified and the unclaimed on Namus . If log in to Namus I can’t see anything not unless I enter the number
If I just go to the Namus site I can see post but only about a page worth . Is this the way it is for all .

@carbuff ???

NYanon

Reaction score
There is a menu on the NAMUS page which gives the option of Dashboards; there are dashboards for Missing, Unidentified, and Unclaimed, if i correctly recall. Selecting one of these dashboards allows one to search and view current NAMUS cases in that respective category. I'm not sure what, if any, restrictions there might be if accessing from a specific location outside the U.S..

Armchair63

Reaction score
Trouble posting threads : I can’t seem to post my titles in blue what do I need to do

YaYa_521

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Trouble posting threads : I can’t seem to post my titles in blue what do I need to do
This is because you've already viewed the thread when you created it. Once someone posts a new comment, it should show blue on the forum list again.