How to Start a Missing Person Thread and other thread edits

@tigerteeth
Feel free to use the guidelines in post #1 of this thread to set up a thread for this case. They will walk you easily through the steps.
If there is any problem or question concerning this, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

How do you get photographs to appear and not just the link ? thanks in advance...I'm dumb I know

What is the guideline regarding whether a Missing Person thread should be located in general Missing discussion, or in Not Forgotten appropriate decade -- specifically, if the person has been missing since 2020 or 2021 or 2022 (current year 2022)?

What is the guideline regarding whether a Missing Person thread should be located in general Missing discussion, or in Not Forgotten appropriate decade -- specifically, if the person has been missing since 2020 or 2021 or 2022 (current year 2022)?

You will see in the Missing Person forum that we have at moment cases up to 2020 or more precise May 2020 (when you jump to the last page). Means we have here all cases with a missing date of the last 2 years. They will be regularly moving when we progress throughout the year into the 2020 decade forum. If you have an older case, you can always start them in the appropriate time forum. Hope this helps!

How do you see all of the missing,the unidentified and the unclaimed on Namus . If log in to Namus I can’t see anything not unless I enter the number
If I just go to the Namus site I can see post but only about a page worth . Is this the way it is for all .

How do you see all of the missing,the unidentified and the unclaimed on Namus . If log in to Namus I can’t see anything not unless I enter the number
If I just go to the Namus site I can see post but only about a page worth . Is this the way it is for all .

@carbuff ???

There is a menu on the NAMUS page which gives the option of Dashboards; there are dashboards for Missing, Unidentified, and Unclaimed, if i correctly recall. Selecting one of these dashboards allows one to search and view current NAMUS cases in that respective category. I'm not sure what, if any, restrictions there might be if accessing from a specific location outside the U.S..

Trouble posting threads : I can’t seem to post my titles in blue what do I need to do

Trouble posting threads : I can’t seem to post my titles in blue what do I need to do
This is because you've already viewed the thread when you created it. Once someone posts a new comment, it should show blue on the forum list again.

What is the best way to handle a situation when we have an open thread for a missing person, and that same person goes missing again at a later date. They were obviously located the first time missing -- so is it best to report and request that the 1st thread be deleted, then make a new thread for the current incident. Or, is it best to report and request that the missing date be changed in the original thread?

There is currently an endangered missing 14 yo girl from Cleveland, for whom we have an open thread from when she was missing last year. The circumstances are different, so the wording of the title (not just the date) would be different. How should it be handled?

ETA: My preference is to delete the original and do a new thread, but I've seen it done both ways so thought I should ask.

Last edited:
What is the best way to handle a situation when we have an open thread for a missing person, and that same person goes missing again at a later date. They were obviously located the first time missing -- so is it best to report and request that the 1st thread be deleted, then make a new thread for the current incident. Or, is it best to report and request that the missing date be changed in the original thread?

There is currently an endangered missing 14 yo girl from Cleveland, for whom we have an open thread from when she was missing last year. The circumstances are different, so the wording of the title (not just the date) would be different. How should it be handled?

ETA: My preference is to delete the original and do a new thread, but I've seen it done both ways so thought I should ask.
The approach is if the previous thread is still open to alert and highlight a new missing date, then the thread remains but the title gets changed. It gives some indication that it is similar situation as previously, some kind of history.

If you know for sure that the thread has been pulled, you could alert, and we return it. However, i would not try to search for one just by maybe we had one. Then i suggest to just open a new one.

Hope, this helps a bit!

The approach is if the previous thread is still open to alert and highlight a new missing date, then the thread remains but the title gets changed. It gives some indication that it is similar situation as previously, some kind of history.

If you know for sure that the thread has been pulled, you could alert, and we return it. However, i would not try to search for one just by maybe we had one. Then i suggest to just open a new one.

Hope, this helps a bit!

Thanks. I'll post the new data to the old thread and alert so the date can be changed. When she went missing last August, she ran from her family and there was a picture of her running. The police never updated that she had been found, so the thread is still open. This time -- June 11 -= she is missing from a different location.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back