GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

Human remains found near Orange Blossom Trail, deputies say

Discussion in 'Jennifer Kesse' started by leilarose68, Dec 11, 2018.

1. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

2. fr brown

fr brown Well-Known Member

All the other threads seem to be closed so I'm going to post this here, realizing that it might be removed.

I notice that Jennifer's car had no front license plate. From my (limited) experience, it's common for a person who steals cars to remove the front plate (with the idea that if he backs the car into a parking space, it makes it harder for the police to check the status of the car). But I don't know if Jennifer's car had a front plate originally. Maybe not.

The poi had thirty seconds to wipe down the car and apparently did a pretty good job.

From the program I watched, the dog appears to have trailed the suspect back to Jennifer's complex and to a hedge and a fence. Possibly a bicycle had been chained there? The dog would have been scented, I think, off the driver's seat of the car. Where's that seat now? Is it possible there's still trace DNA from his pants, shirt, etc.?

Anyway, random thoughts. Maybe I'd look for a then-teenaged male with a history of stealing cars.

RosalindaA likes this.
  3. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

Not all states require a front and rear tag. I believe FL is one that does not require both plates. I live in AL and we only have rear plates. I was in FL last week and didn't notice front plates.

RosalindaA and enelram like this.
  4. fr brown

Of course. If you are lacking a front plate when your state requires it, you'll be pulled over. My state doesn't require a front plate, but most cars have them. My post assumed that Florida didn't require a front plate at the time; whether Jennifer had one, I don't know. If she did, he must have taken it off.

Car thieves here will remove the front plate and back into a parking space to delay detection. They have favorite motels for dumping cars. I know this because of a ride-along I did with a police officer, and a personal experience of having a car stolen.

It's a long shot, but the poi looks like he might be a teenager. Maybe he's wearing a school uniform.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    RosalindaA likes this.
  5. fr brown

I should add that it wasn't really the lack of a front plate that made me think "car thief." It was the quick, self-assured wipe-down. The possibility that the poi was a (private?) school student with a reputation for, or documented history of, car theft is more towards the possible than the likely, but it seems like it at least has the virtue of being checkable.

RosalindaA and rosesfromangels like this.
  6. browning

browning Member

I live in Florida, we do not have front license plates.

7. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

There are no front license plates in Florida for normal plates.

RosalindaA, Quill and rosesfromangels like this.
  8. fr brown

I'm sorry I mentioned the front plates. I did say that it was the fast self-assured wipe-down that really made me think "car thief."

RosalindaA and rosesfromangels like this.
  9. Threshold

Threshold Member

I am stealing a page from fr brown's book and hopefully not getting myself in trouble with my first post. :) I am taking a fresh look at this case after putting it down several years ago and working on a couple others. If all discussion threads are closed here has discussion shifted elsewhere? I checked jenniferkesse.com and registration on that forum is closed. For professional reasons I cannot utilize social media or I would join the fray on Facebook so I am hoping that is not the only remaining online discussion on Jennifer's case that is still active. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

RosalindaA likes this.
  10. carole

carole Well-Known Member

This thread for Jennifer Kesse seems to be open -

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/fl-jennifer-kesse-24-orlando-24-jan-2006-12.337727/

rosesfromangels likes this.
  11. Threshold

Threshold Member

Maybe they closed it since you posted or maybe it is closed to new posters? When I navigate to that thread I see this message at the bottom: Thread Status: Not open for further replies.

Thanks!

Simply Southern likes this.
  12. browning

browning Member

The moderator mentioned that too many people were breaking the rules against speculation and that there was no new information to report so it was locked.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    carole and rosesfromangels like this.
  13. carole

carole Well-Known Member

I apologize, I did not look closely enough. I saw there was a recent comment not realizing it was from a moderator.

14. Threshold

Threshold Member

No worries. Thanks for your help. I will poke around the interwebz a bit and see if there is still active discussion anywhere else on this case.

carole likes this.
  15. browning

browning Member

The Kesse family is currently suing Orlando police to gain access to the case files. There may be some new news if they are successful.

Angelo likes this.
  16. Threshold

Threshold Member

A couple of the accounts I read on this stated that this process may take years. Hopefully not, but given our legal system it wouldn't surprise me.

17. browning

browning Member

True

18. Threshold

Threshold Member

Has the ping map ever been made public or is LE still the only entity with access to that information? Most of the part I am stuck on with this case centers around the data that is (or isn't) contained in the ping map.

scadagirl28 likes this.
  19. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  20. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

The Kesse's have now taken over Jennifer's casefile.

The OPD is not investigating anymore.

Here is some new information:

The police only interviewed English speaking workers, the Spanish workers were never interviewed.

This is from wtsp.com