Hurricane Florence - September 2018

Myrtle Beach lost power around 9am est. My girls say the wind is extremely loud, but they're good so far. Before the wind got bad, they peeked at the surf and it was just coming up over the beach on to the access opening.

Thankfully, my friend on the Chowan River in northern N.C. made the right call to stay put when the path shifted south. They are in a location that would be hard to flood. She said the wind didn’t even wake her up last night. Friends who evacuated early will have trouble getting home.

I'm in rural northeastern South Carolina, not too far from the town of Florence (not to be confused with the hurricane of the same name, lol). We're having some gusty winds (28-32 mph) but so far no rain. DH has the generator at the ready. Our property has lots of trees and there's one pine in particular that makes me nervous.

We lived in coastal Georgetown, a block from the bay, during Hugo back in '89 and no other storm since has concerned me as much as this one. Be safe everyone and check in if you can! Plus thanks to whoever posted the poweroutage.us link upthread. We're now obsessed with it! :D

I'm in rural northeastern South Carolina, not too far from the town of Florence (not to be confused with the hurricane of the same name, lol). We're having some gusty winds (28-32 mph) but so far no rain. DH has the generator at the ready. Our property has lots of trees and there's one pine in particular that makes me nervous.

We lived in coastal Georgetown, a block from the bay, during Hugo back in '89 and no other storm since has concerned me as much as this one. Be safe everyone and check in if you can! Plus thanks to whoever posted the poweroutage.us link upthread. We're now obsessed with it! :D

I want your kitty, Rose!! Too cute! Glad you’re OK, but I know what you mean about a tree making you nervous. We once had a huge redwood tree outside our bedroom that really scared me during wind. And later a big Douglas Fir that we had trimmed and cabled to make it safer. Hang in there!

What is increasingly depressing about all this is the images we are getting (not Harvey) but are usually like after she is gone

seeing what is coming out while knowing in reality were 42% in is quite depressing

i made myself take a break

its just gonna get so bad

I put myself on Washington DC time outs ( with increasing duration of said timeouts mandated) to preserve my sanity and had to start same last night with this !

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back