Hurricane Gustav

I live in Thibodaux La... I want all to know I am praying for all in the path of Hurricane Gustav... Please stay safe and let us all at WS know how you are during the hurricane.

Well, you stay safe also! Let us know how you do as well!

When Katrina hit, people had not gotten hotel/motel reservations early enough. I think that is why all hotel/motel rooms were reserved so far in advance here in north Louisiana.
I went yesterday afternoon to help get the Ike Hamilton Pavillion shelter supplied. It would be absolutely great if none of this will be needed, but not enough people were ready in Katrina. This time we will be better prepared.
My prayers are that this hurricane somehow dies out in the Gulf, and also prayers for South Louisiana people. We will be fine here in North Louisiana.

It looks like Gustav could still be a Cat 1 storm even in N. Louisiana, so don't take it lightly, please.

If you are
please do what you must to stay safe....:blowkiss:

Oh, Lordy! Well, we've got our water, food and batteries stocked up. All my big trees have been trimmed up, no dead wood to fly around! And the roof is new! Hubby is checking on the generator........and I am praying Gustav takes a wild westerly turn AND loses power significantly as he approaches land. BUT if he doesn't, our bags are packed and our cars are gassed up.

Stay blessed, everyone. Stay safe!

:blowkiss:

I just wanted to post this 3D doppler radar map for everyone. It's awesome and many of you might need UP TO THE SECOND weather information. This map provides real-time data, complete with wind speeds, local weather statistics, watches, warning, storm tracks, etc. And it's FREE. You don't even have to register to use it. It also refreshes itself automatically. You may have to play with the setting to get exactly what YOU want from it. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Hey guys Im not sure when I can get back on here because we are leaving tomorrow for Oklahoma. We are being evacuated supposedly then. I pray for all the people who have to deal with this and please pray for us if its not you. Thanks.

This is one very rapidly strengthening hurricane... :(

Gustav is now a CATEGORY 5 Hurricane!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, a category 5 is sustained winds (not the gusts) greater than 155. At the 2 PM update, Gustav was 145. At 5:00 PM it was 150, still a category 4. It may become a 5, though

I work in animal rescue on the Gulf Coast & am preparing for a very busy weekend due to Gustav :eek: We have been getting calls saying that people on the LA/MS coast are evacuating without their animals again! To all that are evacuating, PLEASE take your pets with you. PLEASE! Even hotels that have a no pet policy will accomodate your pets because it is an emergency situation. Tell them you are evacuees & they will not hassle you. I cannot stress enough how important this is because our team & others WILL NOT be allowed into the worst affected areas for days. Ramada & LaQuinta hotels are always pet-friendly.

No, a category 5 is sustained winds (not the gusts) greater than 155. At the 2 PM update, Gustav was 145. At 5:00 PM it was 150, still a category 4. It may become a 5, though

They are predicting that Gustav will be a Cat-5 at 2 am Sunday morning. :(

We are leaving in a few hours-heading back home to central TX.

Not sure if I can be of any help to our posters here....I am in GA if you have to go somewhere, I am willing to talk via tele to let your friends at WS know you are OK.

We are here for you! Just say the word.

right, it's just not one until it is!!!

this really really sux, but i am glad to see that so many people are wising up and getting out of dodge!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know Christine, with the way Hanna is acting out there I'm not sure anyone is safe in the Southeastern states at this point........

The AP wire at work reported it as becoming a Cat 5, which I then posted. They were obviously in error with their reporting, as usual. You are correct, it isn't one until tomorrow. We actually pay the AP to give us bad info, lol!

I'm a California girl and have never experienced a hurricane. This sounds really scary, but I'm glad to hear that people are preparing and making plans to stay safe. I'll keep you all in my thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back