Hurricane Irma - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal River is only 30 min from where I live. So far we have had a small tree fall into my apartment building. On my unit. The damage appears to be superficial and doesn't seem to extend to the interior of the wall. My complex was built on 40 acres of horse farm so it has a lot of natural charm that I hope survives.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

switched to local Miami they are still running commericals tacky

local houston did not take a commerical for like 6 days in a row

a crane did fall they did not give any more details

went to window opened blind the fan blades inside the compressior are spinning cause of the wind

hysterical

miami local news cut to reporter can tell gay in millisecond couple of seconds later realize his hair is not moving

repeat his hair is NOT moving !

He is in a street covering a hurricane

who ever makes his hairspray should use his report as a commericial

I think the tagline could be :

We re the only one who can stand up to Irma

or

call it Hurricane Proof Gel

his hair can handle winds better than cinder block -- maybe they should have used the stuff to make the buildings!

I would hate to see where he lives I would have to think it is orderly as heck

good lord

Broward county boil water alert have to confess somewhat confusing in terms of people watching this report in their powerless living space are going to boil water but what do I know ?

Checking in, very loud and scary last night, but all is good. Have power, and just need daylight to see what our neighbor hood looks like. Thanks for the prayers.

Checking in, very loud and scary last night, but all is good. Have power, and just need daylight to see what our neighbor hood looks like. Thanks for the prayers.

Glad to hear/read Skully.

Glad you're ok, Skully.

Hope everyone else from The List checks in asap.

Checking in, am quite amazed we did not lose power overnight but apparently about 90,000 Sarasota residents are without power

Still raining hard out there, winds starting to die down.

It could have been a lot worse so I am very thankful right now

No new video for 18 hours now. Did boat guy survive? :scared:

I am going to check today and see if I can find anything on boat guy, balcony guy, gas station guy, the guy that live streamed from key west that night, and the guy sleeping on stage at Irish Kevin pub in key west. If anyone was watching the live feeds on key west knows what I am talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering about Key West, (heard Snappers on Key Largo is no more), and how are homes fairing near the beach, in Naples, (a couple blocks from gulf), any word on Naple's Pier, and how are Tampa Hospitals holding up. Thanks for any input. I appreciate it. Stay safe Fla. Keeping ya'll close in thought.

I am going to check for updates on the Keys and Naples pier today too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to check today and see if I can find anything on boat guy, balcony guy, gas station guy, the guy that live streamed from key west that night, and the guy sleeping on stage at Irish Kevin pub in key west. If anyone was watching the live feeds on key west knows what I am talking about.

Gas Station Guy is definitely OK. There's a video he uploaded of a drive he and his fiance took along R1 southwards for a few miles, showing flooding, debris and damage along the road.

NHC Update 5:00 am: grateful the storm remained slightly north, with eye remaining on land.
At 5:00, wind speeds were 75 mph with gusts of 90 mph and pressure of 965, cat2.

At it moves into GA, it will reduce even further to a Cat1.

59e186aac94579f0651b4345f53c5c62.jpg
6c80830717e5caee788734695ad68db6.gif

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

GFS models show that by 6:00 pm today, the majority of the storm should be north of Florida with mostly tropical winds although hurricane force gusts will be possible.
47c556a2d92ec6a0ad2ab70c17a84681.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Whoa - that shower water was peculiarly cold in the bathroom this morning - I wonder if Irma will usher in some cooler, drier weather finally

Wondering about Key West, (heard Snappers on Key Largo is no more), and how are homes fairing near the beach, in Naples, (a couple blocks from gulf), any word on Naple's Pier, and how are Tampa Hospitals holding up. Thanks for any input. I appreciate it. Stay safe Fla. Keeping ya'll close in thought.
I saw some videos people took while on the island. I think it depended on how old the structure was on how it fared.

From approximately 5:00 am EST (snipped to remain within TOS)

https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=a0cdfdf3d3efdb5f&hl=en&gl=US&source=web
* CHANGES TO WATCHES AND WARNINGS: - The Tropical Storm Warning has been cancelled for Coastal Broward, Coastal Collier, Coastal Palm Beach, Glades, Hendry, Inland Broward, Inland Collier, Inland Miami-Dade, Inland Palm Beach, Mainland Monroe, Metro Broward, Metro Miami-Dade, and Metro Palm Beach - The Storm Surge Warning and Tropical Storm Warning have been cancelled for Coastal Miami-Dade and Far South Miami-Dade

* CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS: - A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for Coastal Collier and Mainland Monroe

* STORM INFORMATION: - About 260 miles north-northwest of Miami FL or about 200 miles north-northwest of Naples FL - 28.9N 82.6W - Storm Intensity 75 mph - Movement North-northwest or 340 degrees at 18 mph

SITUATION OVERVIEW ------------------
Hurricane Irma is beginning to move faster northward across North-Central Florida. Tropical Storm force winds are still expected over Lake Okeechobee this morning. Significant storm surge threat (2 to 4 feet) remains along the Gulf coast, including the Naples area. Flooding rain is still possible today in localized areas. Interests in South Florida need to continue remaining vigilant and not let their guard down as the storm passes. Additional flooding are still possible. Stay away from evacuated area and off the roads until it is safe to move around.

POTENTIAL IMPACTS -----------------
* SURGE: Potential impacts from the main surge event are continuing along the Gulf Coast. Remain well away from life-threatening surge having additional significant impacts. If realized, these impacts include: - Areas of inundation with storm surge flooding accentuated by waves. Damage to several buildings, mainly near the coast. - Sections of near-shore escape routes and secondary roads become weakened or washed out, especially in usually vulnerable low spots. - Major beach erosion with heavy surf breaching dunes. Strong and numerous rip currents. - Moderate damage to marinas, docks, boardwalks, and piers. Several small craft broken away from moorings, especially in unprotected anchorages. Elsewhere across South Florida, little to no impact is anticipated.

Continued...

FLOODING RAIN: Potential impacts from the flooding rain are still unfolding across South Florida. Remain well guarded against locally hazardous flood waters having |additional limited impacts. If realized, these impacts include: - Localized rainfall flooding may prompt a few evacuations. - Ditches and canals may quickly rise with swift currents. - Flood waters can enter a few structures, especially in usually vulnerable spots. A few places where rapid ponding of water occurs at underpasses, low-lying spots, and poor drainage areas. Several storm drains and retention ponds become near-full and begin to overflow. Some brief road and bridge closures.

* WIND: Little to no additional impacts are anticipated at this time across South Florida.

* TORNADOES: Little to no additional impacts are anticipated at this time across South Florida.

* EVACUATIONS: Do not return to evacuated areas until hazardous winds diminish and flood waters abate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni