Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'Weather' started by CARIIS, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I was randomly checking traffic cams in South Florida, the highways look deserted. Unfortunately old news coverage of a few days ago may be discouraging people from leaving.

https://fl511.com/#:Alerts

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Don't get me started!!

Workers, cats staying at Key West Hemingway Home & Museum during Hurricane Irma

There are 55 cats that live in the home and grounds, officials said there was no where to board them and they couldn't leave them behind.

Workers at the house said that many of them are going to stay in the house during Hurricane Irma.

http://www.fox23.com/news/workers-c...y-home-museum-during-hurricane-irma/605567323

3. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

Am wondering if the west turn will result in
    in more of the total eye over land as opposed to the east part earlier we wont know till later tho

I do think intensifation is pretty much a given the waters hugging the shoreline are HOT

she has been the longest storm that maintained cat 5 energy in history.

Andrew winds when investigated later forensically were actually a lot higher
    than went down in history .

It was serious investigation like measured trajectory of things flying in the air and how far in they embedded cars trees etc

I wish I could remember the scientists name

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Who knows, on some models it skirts the gulf coast and could make a direct hit in the Tampa area.

5. donnam

donnam New Member

How will the Keys possibly withstand a hit from a cat 5 hurricane??

6. donnam

donnam New Member

Omg! Those poor kitties!
    Btw,
    I am in Jersey too. My niece and sister are in Ft. Meyers. ☹

7. relay

relay Active Member

I'm on call here in Raleigh, NC, to take in people into my two bedroom two bath apartment. One bedroom is my daughter's, but she will move into my room and use my bathroom. We are not in a flood zone nor are we on the first or top floor. We should be relatively safe. About two hundred stores are within walking distance, so they can have some independence while here. If they have a car, they can get around, and of course I'll drive them wherever they need to go. My heart breaks for all who are going through this :(. A family for whom I am training a service dog team is in it with me and is prepared to take in as many as can fit in her apartment. The folks who may come are relatives and friends of hers down in FL, so I am not too worried about taking in a serial killer, thief, etc. Lol. It is all I can do at this point. I wish I could do more. Again, to each and all in Irma's path, best to you, and may you stay safe :blowkiss",

8. CARIIS

Am I the only one that is feeling that this has taken forever to at least get to the best we can do in terms of tracking

there always off some but it feels like this is just gruesome

its like a bad horror movie when they dont do the reveal for too long

17000 linemen sounds awesome would love to know where there are staging throughout the state

9. CARIIS

It seems like our babies go through stages. After Charley it seemed like they cought on that a lot of people are not leaving their pets

So it was like it was much better for Frances and Jean and the following year Wilma but Houston was the pitts with our furry pals

10. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

He just announced only mandatory evacuation of barrier islands Smart move...
    No mandatory lane reversals.
    4 to 6 storm surge expected.
    No tolls on islands.

He has a chance tomorrow morning to put something in place if the storm makes the turn....by chance.

After I wrote that he said "Anything is possible. I will place an evacuation if the storm shifts".

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

11. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

12. theirmommy

theirmommy NE Patriots fanatic

whats the best website that show the different models and the projected tracks, that people with out a strong science background can understand?

13. Skully

Skully Well-Known Member

they are saying that the high rises in Miami will not withstand a CAT 5. All glass and there are huge cranes that can't be taken down. One reporter said it will be a waste land after this. OMG!

As for people staying, if they tell you to leave and you can, you should go. I have a 94 yr old mother in a nursing home. I am on being evacuated as yet, and don't expect to be. But I wouldn't be able to leave her behind, even if they took her somewhere safe.

14. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

[video=twitter;906305213077716992]https://twitter.com/WISN12News/status/906305213077716992[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Family takes planned trip to Disney World despite path of Hurricane Irma [/FONT]http://dlvr.it/PllqBB

You cannot make this stuff up!

15. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

[video=twitter;906306236391583744]https://twitter.com/EricBurrisWESH/status/906306236391583744[/video]

[FONT=&quot]NHC has issued their 8pm intermediate advisory- [/FONT]#Irma[FONT=&quot] is still packing 155mph winds, but pressure has dropped 1mb.

not good[/FONT]

16. kdg411

kdg411 Verified Family Friend Destiny Butler

Spaghetti Models thanks to Henry2326

HTH

17. Moxie Vi

Moxie Vi Member Extraordinaire

Lol, that cracked me up! I went to high school here in Ocala and lived here for a couple of years pre-Boca. I was recently considering going back.

There have been so many fights at gas stations here.

Starting at 5pm tomorrow all trailers and mobile homes are under a mandatory evacuation in Marion County (I heard 2nd hand).

18. Henry2326

This pic gives a good impression of the vast difference in size of Irma compared to Andrew....not even close.
    Irma is a beast.

IMO, the devastation will be equally bad because of the huge size. See my post with the 3 pics over a 12 hour period. Its so big, that even though it's moving, its still larger than the state land boundaries.

You take care now. I'll be thinking of you.[​IMG]

http://spaghettimodels.com

19. kdg411

kdg411 Verified Family Friend Destiny Butler

Might be disappointed

[video=twitter;906230904149946369]https://twitter.com/richard680news/status/906230904149946369[/video]

20. Henry2326

Amen...my go-to. Glad to help. [emoji38]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.