Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your kind words. I wish you, and everyone here knew my hubby personally. He truly is a wonderful kind, loving, and caring human being.

Just last night one of the daughters of our neighbors called to say they were bringing their elderly parents (mid 80s) to stay in their second home here which sits next our home on the west side. They live in Miami. So my hubby decides he needs to buy another generator in case they also lose power, and that is exactly what he did after he came in from work yesterday. He not only takes care of all of us but he believes he should always help our neighbors. He also purchased four cases of bottled water for each neighbor and bought 6 cases for us. He has already set up one of his generators over at our neighbor's home on the east side of us. LOL he is the kind of man who prepares in advance.

He truly is the best man I have ever known and I know how truly blessed we all are to have him whether its our family or our friends.

Now he is very much a manly man :D but he has a heart of gold.

So now we all wait for him to come home. :)

Yes,they are here now, and finally arrived a little before noon today. They just laid down to take a nap and I don't blame them. LOL! They were exhausted due to the traffic being so congested.

I am praying for all who may be in the path of Irma and am hoping for the best outcome possible.

Stay alert and safe everyone. BBLO!

Thanks so much for the update. So glad your children and their families arrived safely. What a relief for you!

Thanks too for telling us more about your terrific dh! OMG, so kind and caring of others. Going out of his way for your neighbors like that. Got water for them too? Even got them a generator?!

Wow, there really are not enough superlatives to do him justice. You and your children are really blessed to have him.

But hey, here's a little secret that anyone who has read any of your posts already knows. Your dh is married to the exact same type of wonderful and caring person. He and your family are blessed too!

Thanks again for telling us about your amazing guy. We will all rest easier when we know he has returned home okay. Please keep us updated...

]While I won't argue about the wisdom of her choice I want to point out that the house is not wood but rather 18-inch limestone walls. It's managed to make it through hurricanes, starting with the Labor Day hurricane of 1935. Irma may break the streak but hopefully it'll make it through.[/B]

RBBM

Boy, I do too. As another cat lover, I hope the walls do stand.

When we had 7 cats, we were under a tornado warning one night (even in Southern California, we DO get those occasionally!), and had assembled all 7 cat carriers. I can't imagine getting 50+ cats into carriers. Praying she, and her feline friends, make it through all of this.

Patrol cars are circulating in West Palm Beach, making announcements via loud speaker:

"Attention - you are in a mandatory evacuation zone. Please leave now."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tracker-latest-news-updates-live-bahamas-hit/

Curfews go into effect tomorrow: Delray Bch 2 am, West Palm Bch 8 am, Palm Beach County 3 pm. Thankfully my daughter in West Palm Beach isn't in an evacuation zone and she and her family are as ready as they can be.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/

And a sobering quote from the mayor of Palm Beach:

***Those who are not evacuating should call police now to notify them where they will be staying — and to fill out a next-of-kin form with the town.

“Please let the police department know,” Coniglio told the Daily News. “At some point (after the storm), I’m sure they will be doing follow-up search.”***

http://www.palmbeachdailynews.com/n...e-who-aren-evacuating/dnJ9TEvnCmgBBX5Nwzo9hL/

As Hurricane Irma works its way to Florida's coast, feelings of stress and anxiety may also be brewing for those anticipating its effects:

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline is available for immediate counseling to anyone affected by the impending hurricane and storms in Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The helpline connects callers to trained professionals from the closest crisis counseling center. Those answering the phones can provide confidential counseling, referrals and other needed support services.
https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline

The call center is toll-free, multilingual and can be reached by phone or online. To contact the disaster distress helpline call 1-800-985-5990.

http://wlrn.org/post/disaster-distress-helpline-available-those-irmas-path

Thank you for posting this it is so important that people who are suffering additional severe depression, anxiety and severe stress due to this terrible situation are able to access services for help.

We have yet to hear from CARIIS today. I hope rascal isn't driving her mad. Maybe she is out shopping for those kitchen shears???

Virginia declares State of Emergency

The governor said the move would allow Virginia to streamline the process to provide assistance to other states impacted by Irma and prepares the Commonwealth for any potential damage.

irmastormsurge_1504887659427_4113776_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...vide-aid-to-states-impacted-by-hurricane-irma

2:00 NHC has taken aliitle jog more west. You can see part of the track line near Tampa Bay. I'm watching for confirmation of GFS at 6:00 tonight,

Also she is starting to move over Cuba. That track is projected to be lower than previous models. Hopefully it will reduce even further over land.
8c661c1eaaa9230b5bdbe0aa4cb5cadc.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Anyone else in the Naples/ Bonita Springs area besides yours truly?

-Nin

They are not down there, but my cousin's place is about a block or so, off of the beach, in Old Naples.

"With disastrous Hurricane Irma tearing through the Caribbean and headed for South Florida this weekend, zoos and conservation centers have taken precaution in anticipation.

The Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society in West Palm Beach, Florida, has already begun moving smaller animals into facilities that served as hurricane shelters on Wednesday, according to Communications Director Naki Carter.

'Our goal is to have all the animals safe and sound and moved to their appropriate locations by [Friday] night, with a final walk-through of the zoo on Saturday,' she said to NBC News.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oos-prepare-Hurricane-Irma.html#ixzz4s7BTUTRK

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

I'm really glad the animals who cannot be moved will have very dedicated people with them, they are likely going to be distressed by the hurricane.

Per CNN there are people out on Miami Beach!!!! What the he77???

EROSION: Already up to a 3-foot cut on Miami Beach well ahead of the direct impacts of #Irma. We are live on @weatherchannel pic.twitter.com/dEGoSMl8hI

— Mike Seidel (@mikeseidel) September 8, 2017

This is so hard to follow. My heart goes out to those in the path. We are a Community here and we care. For those following who have triggers from past experience please do some self care. Cognitive Therapy helps. Which I embrace and teach as well as implement in services I provide. Despite that periodically I see Dr. England to get me back on track. My triggers are loud noises and lightening, fire stemming from a childhood experience. Know your triggers and please take care.

Thanks so much for posting this. Really important point you've made. Very intuitive and caring on your part.

Thanks again..

Thanks so much for posting this. Really important point you've made. Very intuitive and caring on your part.

Thanks again..

Thank You for your kind words.

Remain nuts in prep--- she is moving solely W now at 14

back to my neurosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics