Hurricane Michael - October 2018

LOCATION...25.4N 86.4W
ABOUT 335 MI...540 KM S OF PANAMA CITY FLORIDA
ABOUT 310 MI...500 KM SSW OF APALACHICOLA FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...110 MPH...175 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...965 MB...28.50 INCHES

2 PM update - no significant change

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey issued a state of emergency in anticipation of widespread power outages, wind damage and debris produced by high winds.

In Georgia, Gov. Nathan Deal declared a preemptive state of emergency for 92 counties.

In North Carolina, still reeling from the destruction of Hurricane Florence last month, Gov. Roy Cooper warned that Michael could bring moderate storm surge, downed trees and power outages to his sodden state.

FEMA administrator Brock Long said the agency was prepared for the storm in all the states likely to feel Michael's impact.

Hurricane Michael strengthens, targets Florida: 'You cannot hide from this storm'

Being sailboat owners who live on their boat 2 weeks per month, I always think too of the many boats and Marinas in these areas that lose them. Our plans have been to move from California to Florida or S. Carolina to live aboard full time.
We might want to seriously re-think that plan...

CARIIS, they are still working on our power here in WP...matter of fact, our entire neighborhood is torn up right now as they are working on it. During Charley, we lost power for over two weeks. Just as we got it back on (basically long enough to do laundry), France's hit and we lost it again for about 10 days. Our area was pretty devastated here. During Irma last year, our power was only out 4-5 days.

Please stay safe everyone, and please check in here after the storm if it has hit your area!

my dear

are you telling me

in mainstream WP

things are still effed up?

Pressure down to 957

the weather channel is covering but faster than I can get everything....
it is a "3-4" but I see the number 3 sitting out there.....big storm surges...

There is a weather channel person in Panama City Beach and also in Apalachicola, Florida

Last edited:
LOCATION...25.4N 86.4W
ABOUT 335 MI...540 KM S OF PANAMA CITY FLORIDA
ABOUT 310 MI...500 KM SSW OF APALACHICOLA FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...110 MPH...175 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...965 MB...28.50 INCHES

2 PM update - no significant change

Panama City is where our oldest daughter lives right on the beach. So does our oldest granddaughter and her family.

They have boarded up their homes and stored their boats. They all are on the way inland to Georgia where our oldest daughter and her husband have a home. They will stay there until they are able to return home.

It is sooo dark here in SW Georgia. Getting more and more hurricane warnings now as well. The last time I checked Michael is expected to come right over us. What I hope for everyone is it will quickly break up once it hits land...then fizzle out.

I know one thing lol..my sweet hubby is already so tired from working all day removing and storing away outside furniture and helping our neighbors do the same in our close knit subdivision.

Still praying for all who may be in Michael's path.

Imo

Panama City is where our oldest daughter lives right on the beach. So does our oldest granddaughter and her family.

They have boarded up their homes and stored their boats. They all are on the way inland to Georgia where our oldest daughter and her husband have a home. They will stay there until they are able to return home.

It is sooo dark here in SW Georgia. Getting more and more hurricane warnings now as well. The last time I checked Michael is expected to come right over us. What I hope for everyone is it will quickly break up once it hits land...then fizzle out.

I know one thing lol..my sweet hubby is already so tired from working all day removing and storing away outside furniture and helping our neighbors do the same in our close knit subdivision.

Imo
Hang tight OBE, we'll be thinking of you and yours...preparing for these is exhausting! Sounds like you have a great guy! One good thing that happens from these terrible storms is the willingness to help others.

Just spoke to my cousin who is 40 miles from Panama City...she's staying there, they've been prepping all day too...worried about her.

Imo
I’ve been watching the live streams from Panam City. It’s really a pretty pretty area. Fingers and toes crossed for your daughter, granddaughter and family. Being Grandma is awesome, huh?

You are fantastic CARIIS. You always give me a giggle.

He makes me giggle a lot of times. LOL...

Although I dont agree with his assessment of governor Scott. I think he has handled hurricanes in Florida extremely well while in office.

The emergency management teams in Florida are very good at accessing how many NG are needed each time. They are the ones who makes those decisions and he approves what is asked for.

Imo

I’ve been watching the live streams from Panam City. It’s really a pretty pretty area. Fingers and toes crossed for your daughter, granddaughter and family. Being Grandma is awesome, huh?

Absolutely. I am a very proud Nannie many times over both with grandchildren and great grandchildren

So blessed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back