Hurricane Relief: Where are all the celebrities now?

lisad71

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, it is my week to celebrity bash. First, it was the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in South Florida, whiich is still recovering from a Cat 1, but nothing was going to stop the MTV Video Music Awards from happening. :furious:

Now, with the mass destruction in the Gulf Coast states, I ask...where the h*ll are all the celebrities now?

The only "famous" person I have seen speaking about what has happened is Brett Favre. He talked about his family in MS.

I get so angry even going through the checkout of the grocery store seeing these pukes draped in their designer clothes and mugging for the camera at whatever big party they happen to be at.

You want to get publicity and earn some respect, make a hefty donation. You won't miss the $ cause your accountant will write it off any way.

(Stepping off of my soapbox now)

Lisa,
I'm with you. I think I may have seen a blurb about some country singers putting together something,but what about the rest of them. Will they have a Live Aid type of concert or do they just reserve that for foreign countries? On the same note,where is all the support form all the other countries in the world? They always seem to have their hands out when something happens in their countries. This topic really frosts me!

Many celebs come through with money and time. I guess if you want to call them "pukes" and bash them, this is the time, though, before the reports of their generosity begin.

Hockeymom, there are some links in the main hurricane thread about the offers of assistance from other countries. Lots of hands from other countries are out, but they're extending them in support.

I stand corrected. Just heard Shep talkin' about it on FOX.

I am extremely pleased to admit that I am wrong!

They just said on Fox that Jerry Lewis will donate $1mill from the telethon this weekend. That is very nice. I was thinking about his telethon this weekend. Wondering if that with the timing, that his MDA donations won't be down a lot because of the hurricane coverage, etc. Just another victim, so to speak.

P.S. I would like to see Paris Hilton donate a few $$$$!

I think Oprah could afford a few hundred million too!

There are a lot of celebs from LA, NO in particular that will probably pitch in and donate and/or raise funds. John Goodman, Anne Rice, Delta Burke and Gerald McRaney are just a few. Peyton Manning and Eli Manning (NFL) are NOLA born and bred that will probably give big, but they are they type that would probably do it quietly. Celebs that have shot movies in NO talk about how they love it there so they may come through also, Kate Hudson, Tom Cruise come to mind.

I wonder if Britney Spears will come through for her home state. I don't want to bash her, but she's so self-absorbed I'll be pleasantly surprised if she can be bothered at all. (I know that's ugly but she's too immature for words.)

shopper said:
There are a lot of celebs from LA, NO in particular that will probably pitch in and donate and/or raise funds. John Goodman, Anne Rice, Delta Burke and Gerald McRaney are just a few. Peyton Manning and Eli Manning (NFL) are NOLA born and bred that will probably give big, but they are they type that would probably do it quietly. Celebs that have shot movies in NO talk about how they love it there so they may come through also, Kate Hudson, Tom Cruise come to mind.

I wonder if Britney Spears will come through for her home state. I don't want to bash her, but she's so self-absorbed I'll be pleasantly surprised if she can be bothered at all. (I know that's ugly but she's too immature for words.)

I so agree about Brittany.

Harry Connick Jr is from NO and he is there. He is going to take part in a concert this Friday night on the NBC stations, along with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and Leo DiCaprio.

I also read that Fats Domino decided to ride out the storm at home in NO and hasn't been heard from. Hope he's okay.

Here's an opinion piece about the concert and about celebs helping out in general.

Also said this:
In addition, other events are in the works, including an MTV special on Sept. 10 involving Green Day, Usher, Ludacris and Alicia Keys, and the Jerry Lewis Labor Day telethon will make a special appeal on behalf of relief efforts.

Dara said:
Many celebs come through with money and time. I guess if you want to call them "pukes" and bash them, this is the time, though, before the reports of their generosity begin.

Hockeymom, there are some links in the main hurricane thread about the offers of assistance from other countries. Lots of hands from other countries are out, but they're extending them in support.
:clap: :clap: :clap: good post Dara

lisafremont said:
Harry Connick Jr is from NO and he is there. He is going to take part in a concert this Friday night on the NBC stations, along with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill and Leo DiCaprio.

I also read that Fats Domino decided to ride out the storm at home in NO and hasn't been heard from. Hope he's okay.

I plan to tune in tomorrow night. As you probably know, Tim McGraw is from LA and Faith Hill is from MS, and those two are the sweetest in the music biz.

You described (another thread) the same feelings I've been feeling. I've decided that anytime I get a few extra bucks, no matter how small I think it is, I will donate it to the Red Cross and just hope that combined with the millions of other people doing the same thing, it will be enough to make a difference.

Alot of celebs and famous people don't want their donations publicized. I feel sure many will give a generous amount.

Don't forget~~it is also up to us "regular" citizens to donate what we can afford.

Many prayers to all those in need. :blowkiss:

There are quite a few of generous celeb's out there, I'm sure they'll donate, whether we hear about it or not. Of course, there will be the stingy ones too that won't lift a finger to help but I think we have other things to worry about. I'm no celeb but I plan on donating everything I possibly can.

Fats Domino, wife and children have been found, safe and alive. They had been helicoptered out!
:clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back