Hurricane Sandy updates

Tweets from Ana Cabrera‏ @AnaCabrera

JUST IN: More than 7-million people are now without power because of superstorm #Sandy.
7:06 AM EDT - 30 Oct 12

and

NJ Gov. Chris Christie says 2 1/2 million people are without power in New Jersey. #Sandy
7:22 AM EDT - 30 Oct 12

I am so worried about our (mr. wm's) neice and her fiancee. They live in NJ and commute to the city to work. We haven't heard a word from them. I just checked her FB page and nothing. They just recently got engaged and are an adventurous couple and I fear they may have stayed. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I'll make some calls to her immediate family in a little while to check for info as I don't want to clog up the cell towers. (if they are even working in NJ)

wm

Baltimore MD ‏@baltimorenewser
#baltimore 2 People Killed In Maryland During Hurricane Sandy - CBS Baltimore http://migre.me/brdBE

Baltimore MD‏@baltimorenewser
#baltimore Flooding Affects Maryland Neighborhoods From ... - CBS Baltimore http://migre.me/brdBw

Both of these were posted a couple minutes ago.

ETA:
NBC10 Philadelphia Verified ‏@NBCPhiladelphia
Parts of #Pennsylvania are getting #snow right now.. some areas east of Pittsburgh. #Sandy @BillHenleyUSA on NBC NonStop 10.2 now.
8:00 AM EDT - 30 Oct 12

6 News ‏@WJACTV
Three people have died, one person injured, in #Sandy-related deaths in PA. All reported in eastern Pennsylvania.
7:51 AM EDT - 30 Oct 12

could be they are still sleeping.
I hope they are OK......nice that you care.

she called just now. they are fine. she misunderstood the time and called 7am MY time LOL. he has gone to work in pittsburgh as if nothing was happening LOL. so typical!

Just waking up here and catching up. I don't even know what to say anymore.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who had/has to endure this devastation.

she called just now. they are fine. she misunderstood the time and called 7am MY time LOL. he has gone to work in pittsburgh as if nothing was happening LOL. so typical!

Great news, Mira! :great:

Thanks to all that posted updates,the wonderful and informative links and most of all letting us know your ok.

Anyone hear from Jersey Girl?

My power is back on!! Thank god! It came on in the middle of the night. My nephew slept with me last night because my sister really didn't want him in bed with her and her fiance in fear they'd roll on him or something. With me I have a full bed and sleep alone so there was plenty more room for him and plus we wanted to make sure he was warm. We had like plenty blankets on him and stuff so he was all snuggled in there. He's doing fine. :) He slept from 1:00 until 8:00 so Aunt Mar got some good rest! Lol

Yes, thinking of JerseyGirl, Filly, songline in Manhatten :what:

Who else? Someone on the thread was in Orange cty NY yesterday, need to go back and get names. Unbelievable how many we're in this storms path!

Trigger and SugarQueen?? Everyone check in please! :wave:

Willen glad to see you all made it through okay! :)

fell asleep listening to the wind, hearing things bang against the house. had scanner on last night, heard many trees down, transformers exploding, Ikea sign came down, etc. Woke up, still have power, so still have hot coffee. Can't see too much damage, pieces of roof shingles, small branches, trash cans. Got one medium size branch hanging from a tree, it did not fall down yet.

And forgive the third post in a row, but we just got some beautiful sunshine and a tiny bit of blue sky peeking through some very angry looking grey clouds. Hope the sun shines today for everyone else! :rose:

Songline just posted in the PL!

I'm tempted to go check but I can't follow two threads on the same topic... :no:... So I'll hang here.... Is she okay?

Concerned about Jersey*Girl - hasn't been on since 2:10am yesterday. Have sent her a note.

My power is back on!! Thank god! It came on in the middle of the night. My nephew slept with me last night because my sister really didn't want him in bed with her and her fiance in fear they'd roll on him or something. With me I have a full bed and sleep alone so there was plenty more room for him and plus we wanted to make sure he was warm. We had like plenty blankets on him and stuff so he was all snuggled in there. He's doing fine. :) He slept from 1:00 until 8:00 so Aunt Mar got some good rest! Lol

I'm so glad that you are ok and was able to get some good rest, WillenFan21.
Stay warm dear friend!

wm

sorry to inundate the thread, i worry about the people AND the pets :(

thanks so much for the update on the care,of animals during Sandy...

Of course I worry about the people... But I am so concerned about,the vulnerable pets/animals!

:cat: :beagle:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back