Hyperlinking not working.

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by nancy botwin, Apr 19, 2010.

1. nancy botwin

nancy botwin Verified Expert

I wasn't sure where to direct this, so I posted here. Today I've noticed a problem within the Caylee Anthony forum wherein every link I've clicked or tried to post has been broken.

2. Loading...

3. nancy botwin

I think the problem is actually with linking to documents hosted on hte cfnews.com site. In retrospect, I think all the links I was trying to click/post yesterday may have been related to motions posted exclusively on their site.
    Here's an example post:
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal questions for our VERIFIED lawyers on the board

Any way around this, because I see people are still posting the dead links to the motions?

ETA: I guess it wasn't only cfnews.com links.
    Please see this post:
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Andrea Lyons ~ Tapes and Lectures

4. nancy botwin

Thanks for your help!

The only remaining problems I have relate to the cfnews links. Please see the link quoted in this post and AZLawyer's response. I've noticed others indicating they can't open the motions hosted on cfnews.

Since it worked for you, I'm assuming it has something to do with how we have configured our browser settings or something vs. a problem with the boards? Does that sound like the problem?

5. nancy botwin

hmm--ok. I'm using Safari. I'll just assume it's my glitch. Thanks for your help :)

6. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I use Internet Explorer and I was having the same problem with the cfnews links.

7. nancy botwin

A new blank window would open with a URL that appeared to combine something from the websleuths domain and the actual url of the linked content. I went back to the cfnews links I had problems with and now they are all opening though :waitasec:, so I can't give the exact information.