I-71, I-75 Highway Serial Killings, OH/IN/MI

you could say that for sure--as of 2009, it was approximated to be 500 vics from drivers, and the suspect pool was 200--so, by now it must be 600 vics, maybe another 25-30 added to the suspect pool

Yeah it's overwhelming!! For this thread lets focus on getting to know the Ohio victims and the possible connection to this Dr No/Dragon/Stargazer Although I can see already it's WAY BIGGER THAN just these victims and certainly more than one killer. God, no wonder these cases go unsolved! It's MINDBOGGLING!

I think eventually we're gonna need a subforum for this!

It seems almost too big to even tackle! You know what they say though...inch by inch it's a cinch...yard by yard it's hard.

Sorry, but I don't. I do have the magazines though and perhaps the UM segment if the old Betamax might possibly still work. I can't even find anything right off the top when I google CrimeBeat Magazine. It was a big glossy large-format color magazine like a Life or Look magazine but about true crime. I think it was in business from 1991-1993 and I miss it like I do Unsolved Mysteries on TV.

The magazine's editor was T.E.D. Klein and the articles were written by Carol Christians and Natalie Collins - publisher 54 Corporation of NY.

Sorry, but I don't. I do have the magazines though and perhaps the UM segment if the old Betamax might possibly still work. I can't even find anything right off the top when I google CrimeBeat Magazine. It was a big glossy large-format color magazine like a Life or Look magazine but about true crime. I think it was in business from 1991-1993 and I miss it like I do Unsolved Mysteries on TV.

Thanks Stan it's frustratingly hard to find much online. Esp. when it comes to MSM.

My God there are so many!

My SO of 6 years has been driving OTR for two years now. We don't have a CB and, (from what he heard in his trainers truck) he said I wouldn't care to hear what's being said (when I suggested a CB may be fun).

Daily, I walk to and from the truckstop with little or no fear. There are times I feel uneasy (if my SO is inside watching a game on television and I am in the truck and have to walk inside to use the bathroom and it's dark for example) but for the most part, the truckers seem very polite and respectful.

From what I am reading there is another subculture out here. I just haven't seen it. Truck stops apparently have changed a great deal for the better in the last decade or two.

There have been a handful of times that a "lot lizard" knocked on our truck. We'd laugh about it, but I always wondered why they took such risks. I mean what better way to get snatched and killed is there?

Some may remind me that I took alot of chances when I was an adult entertainer and they would be right. However there seems to be a special risk involved when you choose to climb into a strangers truck.

I am sad that life got so bad for these women that they felt that they had no other alternative. Or maybe, like me, (when I used to entertain strangers in an upscale hotel room or thier home) they felt a false sense of security. A feeling that they had their big girl panties on and could take care of themselves.

I am terrified to know that monsters really do exist and angry at a world who seems to care so little about these "throwaway" victims.

They deserve justice! RIP ladies.

The magazine article lists 8 victims:

Shirley Dean Taylor
UF April 24 1981
Marcia Mathews
UF August 10 1987
Anna Marie Patterson
Kathryn Hill
UF April 19 1990
April Barnett

Trucker Alvin Wilson possible suspect in three of six Ohio murders.

http://www.columbuslibrary.org/cmlc...ectid=201991&original=WILSON, ALVIN F&stype=O

Throw him in the growing pile of SHYT!

How in the world do we begin to try to figure this out? I think we need a forum with separate threads to discuss each POI and each possible victim like on LISK and Jennings. I've asked Bessie. Just crossing my fingers for that and a renewed interest in these murders.

The magazine article lists 8 victims:

Shirley Dean Taylor
UF April 24 1981
Marcia Mathews
UF August 10 1987
Anna Marie Patterson
Kathryn Hill
UF April 19 1990
April Barnett
Hey Stan thanks, which article did you get that from? Crimebeat?

Prostitute_serial_killer1.jpg

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Ohio_Prostitute_Killer
Images of four of the victims believed to be killed by Dr. No aka Stargazer aka Dragon

ETA:

Anna Marie Patterson, aka Cindy Lawson, aka Jenny Morrison, age 27, found March 23, 1987 according to one report (Feb. 8, 1987 according to another.) near I-71 in Warren County, Ohio ( bottom left)

Shirley Dean Taylor, age 26, (in one account and age 23 in another) body found July 20, 1986 on Route 224 in Medina County, Ohio
(Top right)

The other twos names were not revealed. Curious?

Upper left is Marcia K. Mathews and lower right is April Barnett

This 2006 article in the Toledo blade talks @ grant money being used to help solve the murder of three prostitutes near truck stops and names, Kathren Hill 26 in 1990 as well as Lily Summers 43 in 2003 and Victoria Collins 27 in 1996.

http://m.toledoblade.com/Police-Fir...e-hopes-grant-will-help-close-old-crimes.html

Dellmus Charles COLVIN pleaded guilty to killing Lily Summers and seven others in NJ and OH.

Donna Lee White, 27 /Valerie Jones, 38 / Dorothea Wetzel, 40 / Jacquelynn Thomas, 42 / Lily Summers, 43 / Jackie Simpson, 33 / Melissa Weber, 37

Method of murder: Strangulation -Suffocation

He is serving two life sentences.

http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/colvin-dellmus.htm

I.'m just throwing out what I can find @ Ohio murders at truck stops and serial killers convicted or suspected of murders in Ohio. I'm gonna need you real sleuths out there to pick apart the dates and such. I suck at that!

Serial Killers, victims invisible to outsiders

BY ROBIN ERB AND ERICA BLAKE
BLADE STAFF WRITERS
Toledo Blade
Published: 10/24/2006

In Lake Township, two cases continue to stymie investigators. One of them, Victoria Collins, an exotic dancer from Cleveland whose naked, frozen body was found in 1996, most likely died elsewhere but was dumped in Lake Township, Mr. Helm said.

It has been almost 10 years since Helen Zedaker learned that her pregnant daughter's body was discovered partially clothed on a Spencer Township farm. Left in a watery ditch for several days, Heidi Theisen's only injuries indicated she'd been asphyxiated.

Attachments

• OH-toledounsolvedmurders_zps44afb95c.jpg
    OH-toledounsolvedmurders_zps44afb95c.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 98

Attachments

• ohdrnotruckstopkillera.jpg
    ohdrnotruckstopkillera.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ohdrnotruckstopkillerb.jpg
    ohdrnotruckstopkillerb.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 20

Members online