I am about ready to throw a fit ROYAL

trixie

Former Member
Reaction score
I'm so sick of being computer illiterate!
I have scanned photos and put them into my computer and put them into photobucket and when I try to change my avatar or put a picture into my album it says Invalid File. It happens whether I'm trying to get it out of My Pictures or Photobucket. Can anybody tell me why my pictures are an invalid file? I don't know what else to do, I have followed all the instructions posted here. I'm about ready to spew some words that rhyme with PhotoBUCKET.:mad:

Oh and I forgot to say it only does that on my personal photographs that I scanned. If I get something off a webpage it works perfectly. So can anybody help?

What kind of files are they? What do the file names end in? .jpg .gif .png? I think you can only use certain types of files. Irfanview is a free, easy to use photo editing program that will allow you to change the file format, crop, and resize. If it turns out that they are not the right kind of file, then you can use it to change the file type so you can use it. Er, but first, you are taking out the extra http that the site puts in for you, when you paste in your URL, right? :)

I hear you Trixie — listen to Kat K. she knows, you know. :)

I hear you Trixie — listen to Kat K. she knows, you know. :)
Er, maybe...heh! I might not know also. :) But at least it's a place to start. Otherwise you might have to ask what's up?

I'm so sick of being computer illiterate!
I have scanned photos and put them into my computer and put them into photobucket and when I try to change my avatar or put a picture into my album it says Invalid File. It happens whether I'm trying to get it out of My Pictures or Photobucket. Can anybody tell me why my pictures are an invalid file? I don't know what else to do, I have followed all the instructions posted here. I'm about ready to spew some words that rhyme with PhotoBUCKET.:mad:

Oh and I forgot to say it only does that on my personal photographs that I scanned. If I get something off a webpage it works perfectly. So can anybody help?

If you are getting the "invalid file" message on Websleuths (VS when you try to upload to Photobucket) then it could be the size that is the problem. Photobucket has a great edit feature. If you click on edit on the picture you want to use, then click resize, you can then choose preset sizes. Choose avatar 100X75 and then choose to overwrite the image.

Now, try again to upload to WS....

It might not just be pixels, but the size of the file itself. It cannot be more than 97.7KB in size. (There are two kinds of sizes, how big it is when we look at it, and how much storage space it takes up on a computer hard drive. I mean the second usage.)

User CP Avatar upload menu said:
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 97.7 KB

If you are getting the "invalid file" message on Websleuths (VS when you try to upload to Photobucket) then it could be the size that is the problem. Photobucket has a great edit feature. If you click on edit on the picture you want to use, then click resize, you can then choose preset sizes. Choose avatar 100X75 and then choose to overwrite the image.

Now, try again to upload to WS....

OK I just did this - icon is now uploaded (I think) and is 75 x 100. I am still getting "upload failed." :confused: Maybe I'll just keep my question mark :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back