1. RhdHighness

RhdHighness New Member

Texas legal aid cant help me either. I'm going to write Christina, she was in contact with me till it seems she meet the new boyfriend. I dont know what happened to her, the picture I saw online hardly looks like her. My son & Christina lived here on Long Island with my husband for awhile,(most of our family lives here) she took good care of the kids, they dressed Katelynn up & put her in beauty contests, I have pictures of their birthday parties, I dont understand what went wrong I never doubted the kids would be safe with her, & her mother helped her a great deal, she worked for a law firm, she seemed like a very responsible person. I'm not looking to disrupt the childrens lives if their doing well, but I'd like them to know they have family here that loves them & are here for them, We'd like to be able to talk to them & send gifts & get to see them sometimes. But most of all I want to know they are alright:confused:

2. alwaysonmymind

alwaysonmymind Well-Known Member

Maybe she got into drugs? I've seen that happen.

As you write to her, may the Lord give you the words that will open the door to communication that leads to your grandchildren. God bless. :blowkiss:

3. nanny1

nanny1 New Member

Maybe you could contact Christina's mother and she may be able to provide some information to you.
    As far as Christina goes she may have gotten involved in drugs and that can change a person drastically. This is all very sad. They may very well be with her side of the family. Her side of the family may not even know that you have been looking for them. I really,really pray that things work out for all of you.

4. nanny1

nanny1 New Member

Look's like you were thinking the same as I was about the drugs. So sad if this is the case. Addictions ruins so many lives.

5. Salem

Salem Former Member

I admire your attitude RhdHighness. Take things slowly here and breath deeply. Contacting Christina is worth a shot. Also, contacting her mother as was suggested by nanny1. Her mother may have the kids.

You might try calling the Christina's mother if you can find her number. Let her know that you just want to know the kids are okay and that you would like to send birthday presents, etc., talk to them, maybe email them and visit with them. She may be agreeable - maybe not. But if she has the kids I hope and pray that she understands what's in a Grandmother's heart and will hear you out and be kind to you.

Always remember that the children will turn 18 and as soon as they do, no one can keep you from communicating with them. I know that is probably the worst case scenario, but if you can keep it in the back of your mind it will help you jump any hurdles you may face with more confidence.

And remember - we are all praying for you and your grandchildren :blowkiss:

Salem

6. elle1919

elle1919 New Member

Just reading this thread. It really breaks my heart. I wanted to tell you that I will be praying for you and your grandchildren. The Lord has his eyes over all!

7. mayfairlight

mayfairlight Former Member

RhdHighness, keep going.
    I have a niece I hadn't seen in fourteen years, I sent her presents every birthday until my brother told me the people who had her (maternal grandparents) threw away my cards and presents, this has now also been confirmed by my niece herself, who is old enough to speak for herself:furious:
    (I asked her if she liked the presents I sent her, she was like... what presents? That is how both of us found out:mad:)

As a grandparent, you should have rights, as you say noone can help you, have you tried the local media? Perhaps not giving any names, just highlighting the issue.

:blowkiss:wishing you all the best

8. 6angels

6angels New Member

I think the problem is if the children was adopted via foster care then she no longer has any grandparents rights. She legally has no right to know anything about the children. They may of even changed their names and legally she won't beable to find out. She can go to any court in the world but it won't change the fact as it has been so many years.

We know mom does not have custody of the children and I can guarantee you they have TPR her rights. Being it has been so many years I am betting they have been adopted if they are not with her family.

What a Witch that she did not give the state your name when this happened :(
    Did you get the pm I gave you with the link?

9. belleyes

belleyes LOOK I learned how to type a user title.

ITA Children are not held in the system long anymore. The goal is to find a "forever family". My kids are adopted from foster and I try to keep in contact with some of the extended birth families but it is very confusing for kids (I'm not trying to be harsh just real) they sometimes feel guilty for loving their "new" family. If they are adopted their birth certificates would also be changed. Please dont contact the family directly go through an agency---it blindsides the adoptive parents and shakes their security (b/c if you can find them so can the bio Mom) I am so sorry this has happened to you but as another poster stated if the Mom didnt give any names of relatives then the caseworkers have no obligation (or time) to be P.I.'s (they only look for the bio dad. If they cant find him they advertise in the local paper) To sum it up kiss-up to Mom, get all the info she has, and then lay into her.

#1HONEYDEW likes this.
  10. #1HONEYDEW

#1HONEYDEW New Member

I think ur right I DONT THINK THEY WANT TO HELP GRANDPARENTS. AND THATS NOT RIGHT. THOSE KIDS ARE UR SONS BLOOD ALSO YOU BLOOD. FIGHT AND MAKE IT PUBLIC SO PPL KNOW DONT GIVE UP. CONTACT THE MEDIA HAVE SOMEONE PUT U ON THE NEWS AND THAT U ARE ASKING FOR HELP FROM AN ATTERNEY. CONTACT THE MAYOR, OR SUPERVISORS ... SOMEONE HAS TO KNOW AND I KNOW IN CALIFORNIA EVEN I AS A STEP GRANDPARENT HAVE A RIGHT. MY PRAYERS TO YOU AND THE GRANDBBIES

11. #1HONEYDEW

#1HONEYDEW New Member

Where u able to get your grandbbies???