I think my dad was murdered in 2013

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by Tibicen, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Tibicen

Tibicen Member

Hi. My name is Robyn. I wasn't sure where to post this so I just picked this forum. Forgive me if I'm incorrect.

Basically, I believe my father was murdered by my aunt (his sister by adoption).

A brief history of my father...He was a veteran helicopter pilot and mechanic, as well as an engineer. He was honorably discharged from the military a few years after I was born because my mother didn't want to move more and my dad missed a lot of my early stuff. He took up being a private pilot and mechanic. We were comfortable, if not very well-off.

My parents had a toxic love for each other so they divorced when I was young. They still did family stuff to make me feel better, and they shared custody. The divorce wasn't PERFECT, but they both equally tried. My mom and dad both said they loved one another very much....They just were not good for each other.

When I was starting 5th grade (I THINK 2002? Maybe 2001), my dad's house burned down. By some miracle I had spent the night at a friend's birthday party, as the ceiling over my room collapsed in flames over my bed where I would have been sleeping. My father was mostly deaf in one ear from decades of working around aircrafts, and had rolled over onto his good ear. Our beloved Yellow Lab, Buddy, tore at my dad's shirt trying to wake him but the smoke had rendered him unconscious. Buddy was found crying and shaking behind the backyard shed, paws over his burned muzzle. The firefighters rescued my dad and even my goldfish tank from my bedroom (I think this is why I'm now engaged to a firefighter). We were extremely lucky as a family. The fire was phenomenally destructive and even damaged a neighboring house. My dad was hospitalized on oxygen for a few days and then sent home to a new rental house while insurance rebuilt our home.
    The problem is...we never knew EXACTLY what caused the fire except a suspected pipe in the living room closet.

Somehow in the fire, my dad stepped on some splintered wood while he was deliriously trying to flee with the firefighters and it wound up getting infected. This caused a strange reaction that completely damaged his sciatic nerve. I can't really explain much about this because my dad was one of few documented cases to experience nerve damage like this. It basically left him bedridden in less than a year and a half. He was on massive painkillers. Morphine. Fentanyl. Oxycontin. I used to help him with food, laundry, and even bathing....Until he decided he was a burden and holding me back in school. So he requested his sister move in (she conveniently had lost her house because she's a financial moron) and that I focus on my education and "flight plan" (meaning my future and career).

Now his sister is a piece of absolute garbage. I remember her calling me fat when I was 5. I've never been fat in my life...she just hated that I was the new and only baby of the family, meaning I would someday inherit everything. Their adoptive mother doted on me and was so disgusted and disappointed by my aunt's greed when she was dying of cancer that she wound up leaving everything but the houses she owned to me...and I was 3 then. It was to be used for college and a downpayment for my first home. I never saw that money because my aunt stole my identity at one point but that's a different story...

I'm going to skip ahead because if I wrote out every little detail, this would be a novella.

On November 23, 2013, my aunt called me. I was making cookie dough from scratch and marinating steaks for my dad. We made plans for me to make him dinner and I'd do some laundry and watch old George Carlin videos with him (our favorite). A father-daughter dinner date. I was actually really happy because my dad seemed optimistic. In January he was going to take part in a new treatment (that to date has been over 85% successful), and we were bonding more again.

I picked up the phone and my world crashed.
    My aunt told me that my dad killed himself via shotgun.

However...she said she didn't know when he did it because he'd locked the door and she didn't see him for over 24 hours. Who thinks that's normal if they're caring for someone?
    Also, I wound up having to clean the...mess...and the splatter doesn't make sense to me. I'll try to sketch it out on my phone and post it. Supposedly he pulled the trigger with his foot while the butt of the gun was taped to his desk....yet the splatter aligned with someone standing in the bedroom doorway. The police didn't check her for gunpowder residue. They didn't investigate ****. Even though she's changed her story and dates twice....

One night my aunt was SUPER DUPER drunk pressuring me about who owns the house (oh yeah...my father's will magically disappeared even though he showed it to me...it basically said I got everything and his sister got his ****** car since she wrecked his antique car and the current car), and my best friend backtalked her because she was calling me names. My aunt proceeded to pick up a brass candlestick and try to hit me in the head with it like a real-life game of CLUE.
    There was also the time she told me I could disappear and no ine would look for me in time.
    ....and the time (again with my best friend present....I can make a video of us discussing these things) she said she could make it look like I killed myself "just like dear old daddy".

I know it likely was supposed to mean "well your dad killed himself so no one would be surprised if you did" and I was hospitalized for depression and had addiction issues in the past (long in the past ^__^)

But surely I'm not crazy to think something is wrong here. My dad was happy when we made plans. Not fake happy. I knew his fake happy. I feel like the system has let a murderer go free....and she's probably willing to kill me if it means she gains ownership of my childhood home.

Please give me your thoughts and opinions. I know 2013 was a while ago but it was my dad...one of my besg friends. I held his left eyeball and skull fragments in my hands and wept into the bloodsoaked carpet. I don't believe he killed himself on his own.

I believe she either pulled the trigger herself, or played a huge part of it. But I saw the blood spatter. It just doesn't make sense considering where he positioned his desk and where his spot in bed was.

Thank you for reading. I honestly just need to vent this frustration and confusion to people that may understand, even if I sound like a nutcase. My mom agrees with me. And my best friend....

But I feel like my dad was let down when police didn't investigate his ***** of a sister that has a history of violence.

Edit: my mom confirmed to me that my dad and his sister got in an argument over money one night when she was still pregnant with me and everyone lived in the giant family estate with my grandmother. My mom stepped in because the sister kept threatening my dad, and she hit my mom in the chest and stomach so hard my mofher started bleeding and had to go to the ER. She and I were okay, obviously, but my mom didn't press charges :( She said she was scared of the woman and mostly stayed with family afterwards. My dad would also stay with her because he didn't want my mom to be alone, but would also have to check on his ill mothe . It was an entire clusterfluff...

Also his birthday is tomorrow (Feb. 23, 2020). He would be 62.

Love you, Daffy. Even if I'm almost 30, I'll always be your Bugs. ❤:(

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020

2. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

@Tibicen , take your story, and if possible that friend, to your prosecuting attorney/district attorney's office.

That office may be able to tell you why charges were not filed, and may be able to tell you how to prompt the appropriate LE agency/ies to investigate.

Sorry to hear of your multiple losses!

Keep us posted, please.

Best, Laughing

3. katsrfun

katsrfun Well-Known Member

I am so saddened and shocked to hear your story. I don't have any advice to give you, but I wanted to say you are in my prayers for resolution to this mess. Your aunt sounds like an evil person, whether she did this or not. Hope you are able to stay away from her. May God help you in your moves to go forward. MOO. Katt

4. Savemecastiel

Savemecastiel Well-Known Member

Following, because I hope that at the end of this you get answers. Your aunt is clearly unhinged and unhealthy, you deserve so much better and so did your Dad. He would be very proud of you.

5. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

sbm
    I 100% agree with this.
    That sounds crazy, very unusual and possibly illegal for LE not to investigate such a brutal death, especially with another person with a history of violence in the house.
    Please do this!

So sorry for your loss!

6. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Your story breaks my heart.

If I were you I would hire a private investigator to look into all of this for you. I doubt the police will want to open a case.

God bless, and I wish you the best.

You must get this resolved one way or the other so you can have some semblance of peace.

7. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

PI is a great idea then you can present info to DA and AG. Will keep you in my prayers. Is very sorry for your loss. Be strong !! MOO

8. Tibicen

Tibicen Member

I'm really considering a PI!!! I'm a broke ass student currently so I'd have to get my mom and other family on board. My mom really thinks my "aunt" (I don't consider her family) did something. My mom said my father called her the night before his supposed suicide and he was actually in a good stare of mind, and he was talking about how proud he was of me ( I was fresh out of jail and rehab for heroin. I went to jail for non-violent drug charges. I relapsed after my dad died but I'm now 5 years clean)

Can anyone tell me what a PI should look for regarding this?

Also, the shotgun my dad supposedly used was taken by police and they called me to ask what I wanted to do with the gun. I requested they destroyed it. My aunt, however, called them and took it back from the police and sold it for profit.

What sane family member sells the gun their sibling supposedly killed himself with. I found the receipts in "her" room.
    She took over my childhood bedroom and took down the photos and paintings I had hung as a teen. The bed in there was specifically bought by my dad for me because I was a dancer and did cheerleading on top of soccer, so my dad got me an orthopedic bed....which my aunt just took for herself. My childhood bedroom is trashed because she's a slob.

My dad also had a solid 24k gold signet ring and she took it off his dead hand and sold it. I wanted it to wear on a chain necklace. She said she sold it to pay for the casket....But my dad's best friend paid for it. I know because I got the receipts. When I went to the funeral home to talk details they said,"since you're the immediate next of kin, we wanted to tell you that someone paid for the casket already" and they gave me the invoice and receipt.
    I knew this person well and he attended the funeral.so my aunt was caught in another lie.

I just don't know how to prove this woman is lying!!!! It just hurts me so much. I miss my dad. I talk to him every damn day. Our relationship wasn't pristine but we were extremely close. I'm not super religious but sometimes I think I'm being tested by something....Because the anger and pain in me has made me want to retaliate against this evil woman...But I've controlled myself because I can hear my dad saying "WHAT are you DOING, Bugs?!?" In that tone parents get when their kids are being dummies.

9. Sunshine95

Sunshine95 Well-Known Member

As your fathers next of kin, without a will, wouldn’t you be entitled to get everything he had? I don’t understand how that woman is still in his therefore your house?
    If you could get your friend and maybe mom to go with you- I’d definitely make an appointment and meet with the prosecuting attorney. You should be able to get a copy of everything related to his death especially since they’ve “closed” it. I’d find out what and why was done with the investigation and find out how the prosecutor feels about it. You may be able to ask her/ him to reopen the case? A lawyer may be willing to help you too- if they feel you have a strong enough case for a civil suit against that woman and are willing to take a percent of the suit versus money up front? Honestly I have no idea just trying to brainstorm lol! But I do know where I live the prosecutor has been open to doing what he can to help me in the past. Hopefully yours cares too!
    You could also talk to PIs and see what they think and what the cost would be- and perhaps you can use a fundraiser site to try and get help paying for them?
    I’m so sorry for all your going through and extremely proud of you for staying strong in your sobriety! I feel like your dad is looking out for you!

10. Laughing

@Tibicen , sincere congratulations on your sobriety!!!

Since you achieved that -- you do have the persistence and backbone to get answers about your father's passing. If/when you have doubts, stop in here. Someone will respond!

Best to you & your family, Laughing

11. jenn83

jenn83 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure law enforcement and coroner's office doesn't just leave the body there for family to clean up, so this doesn't make sense to me.

12. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed something.... Bit this is what the OP stated:

" I wound up having to clean the...mess...and the splatter"<rsbm>

I didn't read that to mean the body itself. Again, I may have missed that part. MOO

13. jenn83

jenn83 Well-Known Member

Copied from above post

"Please give me your thoughts and opinions. I know 2013 was a while ago but it was my dad...one of my besg friends. I held his left eyeball and skull fragments in my hands and wept into the bloodsoaked carpet. I don't believe he killed himself on his own."

So she rushed over there and they let her hold the body parts? I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive but I don't see that happening.

14. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

How in tarnation did I miss that?!? Thank you! And I would agree.... Concerning that this would have been left for the family.

15. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

16. Laughing

OT:

imagine the novelas we'd write together -- but don't try that at bedtime!

JMHO YMMV

17. Boston Corbett

Boston Corbett Well-Known Member

The police are not obligated to clean crime scenes. Families of the deceased must clean, or make arrangements to have cleaned, the coagulate gore that has accrued - especially in a case considered a suicide. I fail to see the point attempted above, or why, specifically, this "reads like a novella."

18. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

They leave the family with clean ups in suicides in many states. At least in PA my son's uncle committed suicide and family members cleaned up. They take the body. You can hire crime scene cleaners to handle the clean up.

19. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

Have you tried contacting the coroner's office in your area. They might be able to give you more information. If suicide seems obvious it might not be explored further but her behavior after the death might make them look into it deeper. You might need to Call the Coroner, The DA, a judge and maybe the police, many times before they realize you aren't going away. Is it possible he could even kill himself with a shotgun? Did he have access to other guns? Your aunts behavior is weird right down to selling the gun.

20. Kakidoll

Kakidoll Karma never forgets

Is the aunt still living in the house? I'd be getting her out of your life completely.