I think my dad was murdered in 2013

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by Tibicen, Feb 22, 2020.

1. jenn83

jenn83 Well-Known Member

My point was that they aren't going to let someone come in and hold the body parts (an eyeball). So I don't believe that part which leads me to not believe the rest either. MOO

2. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

The body is removed. The police and coroner might quickly decide it's suicide. They might take pictures. Family members cleaned up after my son's uncle killed himself. His fiance kept a piece of his skull she found. It was within a few days of his death that they were cleaning. It was before his funeral. There are services that handle cleanup but it's not usually free. Some people might not want a stranger cleaning away the last traces they have of a family member or loved one. Crime shows don't show what happens to a crime scene once it's processed. Someone has to replace rugs or furniture, clean up, ect.

Quiet Time, Laughing, athenna and 5 others like this.
  3. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

Caution! Graphic description:

I dissected an eyeball in Anatomy and Physics Lab two weeks ago. It was pig eyeball but the anatomical structure is the same as a human eyeball. Unless you know location of a particular nerve, it would be highly unlikely that one could tell whether an eyeball is the left or the right one.

After a shotgun blast to the face that completely tears the eyeball out of the socket, that little bit of nerve probably would not remain attached.

An eyeball is fluid filled and easily damaged. Even if the authorities were sloppy enough lo leave an eyeball behind, after more than 24 hours,it would probably look like small, unidentifiable shriveled up piece of bloody flesh.

Just some facts about eyeballs from my very un-expert point of view.
    MOO

4. ColyH

ColyH Well-Known Member

Just because someone seem to be in good spirits doesn't mean their not suicidal. Years ago I worked at a hotel in Alaska and there was guy who also worked there and everyone just loved him. He was always smiling, telling jokes, and was always in a good mood. One day he didn't show up for work and by the next day no one had seen him. The park rangers went inside his room and found some disturbing stuff like a diary with entries about him thinking what it would be like to die and thoughts of killing himself. Fortunately, they found him before he could hurt himself and he got help. It's possible your father had issues you were not aware of and took his life due to those issues.

Laughing likes this.
  5. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

@Tibicen, I’m really sorry about your loss and congratulate you on your sobriety. One thing no one has mentioned is that if you proceed with talking to the D.A., etc. you will need to make very sure that you have protected yourself from this creature. If/when she finds out, I can’t imagine that she wouldn’t try to hurt you. In a way, it’s like an abused spouse is in the most danger when she/he is about to leave. So if she killed your Dad, she will be furious that you are trying to reopen this case. I don’t say this to discourage you, but just take precautions if you pursue this. And just so you know, a restraining order is pretty useless and buying a gun won’t end well. So think this through very carefully, gather the information you need in a coherent form for the D.A., take someone with you, and be sure to have a safe-house lined up to stay in. Above all, protect your sobriety. This creature isn’t worth losing it in order to bring her to justice.

And I am curious why she is staying in a house that is yours. Or is your grandma still alive?

6. cherrymeg

A restraining order could remove her from the house. Also packing her stuff up and changing the locks might work.

7. Lilibet

Lilibet Watching & Waiting

It might. And it also might escalate the situation dangerously. I’m basing that on Gavin de Becker’s excellent book “The Gift of Fear.” I highly recommend it. He points out that a restraining order does not prevent someone from violating it and doing harm, and in fact, can enrage the person. So it can’t be viewed as a protection IMO. I think @Tibicen needs to proceed very cautiously and have professional advice, as well as taking steps to protect her safety personally.
    JMO

I don’t want to discount her experience at all, but others have noted the dramatic narrative and doubted it. One thing that de Becker says is a tip-off that someone is lying is that they offer too much unnecessary detail in their story. @Tibicen may just have a natural flair for writing in a dramatic way, but much of the detail could have been left out and we’d still understand what happened. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and see what happens.
    JMO

8. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Following & always hoping justice prevails. @Tibicen, did you perchance photograph the room where your dad died? I realize that would have been the absolute last thing on your mind, but could help a coroner review the circumstances. Just a thought.

cherrymeg, Lilibet and Laughing like this.
  9. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

Last log in for Tibicen was February 26. Is anyone able to contact her?

JudgeJoe and cherrymeg like this.
  10. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

@jenn83 family friend had to deal with this after suicide. Actually the family and friends did clean up. All of it. Maybe different scenario in other states.

cherrymeg, Laughing and JudgeJoe like this.
  11. cherrymeg

Hopefully she is okay. It's possible she took a break from the site to deal with other things. If she is living with her aunt that's a little scary.

12. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

If this is fake, shame, shame, shame. I won't go into my thoughts regarding that.

If true, I'd confront dear auntie and record the conversation.

Laughing and Steph8angels like this.
  13. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

I did some snooping a while back and the details about her dad I could find are true.
    I hope she is okay too.

14. Podcaster

Podcaster New Member

I recently launched a podcast on true crime and would be interested in profiling your unsolved case, I’m a former law enforcement officer from Kansas and now live in Virginia! Email me @ trlrunscold@gmail.com getting this out there in the public eye, putting pressure on the authorities might be what is needed to get resolve!

15. Laughing

Laughing Rarely Speechless

Hope this podcast can help @Tibicen !

[​IMG]

16. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Just writing and posting this, must surely bring back the pain of het experience. I hope that Robyn is okay.....sending well wishes to her.

cherrymeg, Laughing, JudgeJoe and 3 others like this.
  17. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified Law Enforcement England

I have a lot of personal and professional experiences of suicide and the people who commit suicide and their behaviour beforehand
    If you want to discuss further then pls PM and I will gladly discuss this part of the case outlined with you
    I am also retired LE in UK so I would have some questions that you need to ask for answers to in relation to the crime scene in order to consider taking this forward
    In the meantime I wish you well and hope that get through x

18. Madeline91

Madeline91 New Member

That situation sounds very sketchy , I would go to the district attorney and Express your concerns , you can message me if you'd like I'll help the best I can..