I think my dad was murdered in 2013

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by Tibicen, Feb 22, 2020.

1. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Go to the police station and request to see the police report and any/all statements taken. There may be photos - I gasp to think of viewing them. You will have the names of the investigating officers and you can talk to them. They aren't your enemy. You will find out what tests were performed, etc.

You can request a copy by mail, of course, with a FOIA request. You can find the format online. There will be a fee for the copies.

I know you are troubled by your aunt's behavior. However, a shotgun blast in a suicide is going to look quite different than one from the doorway and it is very likely the inconsistency would have been noticed by the investigators.

You can get a copy of all the pleadings filed with the court for the succession. This includes the will and accounting for the disbursement. If it looks like forged signatures, well, you might be on to something.

When you have all the information and you still believe that your father was murdered, go to the DA's office with all of it, neat and in a folder and present your case to him/her.

Your aunt will be none the wiser.

LinasK, Sunshine95, Luckyzmom and 4 others like this.

2. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

It's grandma's will that left whatever to you, except the house. At 3 years of age, it belonged to you. Who was the Trustee? That person must account for everything left to you. To whom did she leave the house? If to the siblings, then I suspect that you inherited half of it when your father died or aunt wouldn't be pestering you about it.

Get a copy of Grandma's will and pleadings while you are at the courthouse.

After the DA, go talk to a lawyer.

3. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

Not being insensitive but I only got through half of her first post before I thought this is a set up. I then went back and reread it. Didn't change my mind. Someone said they had checked out the father. How do we know it is her father? It is so convoluted. Great story telling. MOO

jenn83 likes this.
  4. NJ RZR Buzzer 1000

NJ RZR Buzzer 1000 New Member

Wow Tibicen, I’m very sorry for your loss and your father sounds like a great guy. It’s good that you included a lot of information / background of all involved in this post, it gives a clear picture of the situation before, during and after this untimely death. I agree something doesn’t seem right and I would take the Private Investor path in this case. I’m not sure why the shotgun was taken back and sold for profit unless she WANTED TO MAKE SURE the gun was gone instead of trusting the police to destroy it, things sometimes go missing in evidence rooms . Shotguns are hard to prove as murder weapons due to the way they are made, pistols are much easier to use as evidence. However, if the gun was taped To the stand and used, it would be easier to recreate the scene using the original weapon. That’s my 2 cents , good luck and hire a PI !

Marg from Oz, cherrymeg and Laughing like this.
  5. kimwexler

kimwexler BRING KARLIE GUSE HOME

would you consider starting a go fund me to get help funding a PI? true crime/sleuths are super eager to help those in need :)

Marg from Oz and cherrymeg like this.
  6. cherrymeg

cherrymeg Well-Known Member

Love your name!

Marg from Oz and kimwexler like this.