I watched the Netflix series on The Killing Fields

Friday Fan

Reaction score
It wasn't the best done series. Kinda goes a bit "everywhere" and has too much commentary. But it's OK.

There are so many players here. Glad that some of the cases are solved and that Laura Smither's case has been solved.

I feel the very rapid growth during the 60s, 70s and 80s in the Houston area was a factor in all of this. Those were also periods of higher crime in the US also.

Infrastructure was probably not the best. (Coming from WI to TX was a shock for me infrastructure wise. )
Yep, I remember those turn'em loose from prison laws and that's why Clyde Hedrick was turned loose after 8 years.

Prisons were so overcrowded, they just turned everyone loose after they served 1/3 of the sentence. (Clyde was sentenced under 1980's era laws)

There is another series, "The Eleven". (Six episodes) I watched the first episode on a free streaming service called Pluto (Tons of commercials grhh) It's also on A&E TV, but requires a provider service.

I liked the series too except Hedrick should have been maintained in jail . Texas wow, The police dept in the area of the killing fields was very negative and did not want to exhume the remains of the second victim at all why? FBI profile destroyed a innocent man really this case should end up in court

I liked the series too except Hedrick should have been maintained in jail . Texas wow, The police dept in the area of the killing fields was very negative and did not want to exhume the remains of the second victim at all why? FBI profile destroyed a innocent man really this case should end up in court
They had to give him the same sentence as the 1980s and back then, the sentences required mandatory release only after 1/3 of sentence served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back