Found Deceased IA- Alicia Hummel, 29, Sioux City, 1 Jun 2015

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by margarita25, Jan 5, 2019.

1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

upload_2019-2-1_19-38-26.jpeg
    Courtesy photo Tim Hynds, Sioux City Journal
    The boat ramp at the Myron Grove access at the Missouri River southwest of Meckling, South Dakota, is shown Tuesday, May 31, 2016. The body of Alicia Hummel, 29, of Sioux City, was discovered near the boat ramp May 31, 2015, and there have been no arrests.

Alicia Marie Hummel | Iowa Cold Cases

“According to a Sioux City Journal article dated June 24, 2015, Hummel had gone fishing June 1, the first day of a vacation from her job at Siouxland Family Center in Dakota City, where she taught Early Head Start classes for infants and toddlers.

Early that Monday afternoon, she’d sent a selfie— her with her fishing rod in hand — through Snapchat, a social media platform, the Journal reported.

An autopsy conducted in Minnehaha County, S.D., concluded Hummel died of drowning, with contributing circumstances of blunt force trauma to the head and incision wounds to the neck.”

Re: the above last sentence, post 1 describes the neck injury as follows:

“and an incised wound on her neck. “

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    minazoe, book-thinker and kkdj like this.
  2. Falling Down

Falling Down Well-Known Member

From the OP's MSM post:

"Alicia had suffered neck wounds and blunt force trauma to the head. Sheriff Howe said an autopsy concluded the actual cause of death was drowning. Alicia’s death has been ruled a homicide by the Clay County Sheriff’s Department, Sheriff Howe told Dateline."

Very interesting. I've looked at the general circumstances of the case, looking at Google Earth and other sources. There are similarities to the Delphi case.

margarita25 and carbuff like this.
  3. Mr Obvious

Mr Obvious Well-Known Member

An interesting thing is how the sketch from the Delphi murders looks much like someone that used social media to murder Sydney Loofe. He would have driven by the Vermillion area, since he has links to Sioux Falls. I know he traveled a lot, but don't recall any links to Indiana.

Attached Files:

4. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

5. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

He actually looks more like the newly released sketch, which shows a younger and thinner face.

6. Aymstriss

Aymstriss Active Member

This is the first I am hearing about this case, and I live in Iowa. I found this site right after Lyric and Elizabeth were taken. I also follow the Abby and Libby page. After reading this page today, and thoughts some of you have regarding the connection to those other 2 cases, I had a thought and remembered a young man getting arrested in Black Hawk County, Iowa recently for Sexual Abuse 1st degree, Kidnapping 1st degree and willful injury causing serious injury. This attack also happened on a trail at a state park in Waterloo, Iowa, during the day. This assault happened July 28, 2015.

Arrest made in 2015 George Wyth trail attack

inmyhumbleopinion and Wilma_W like this.
  7. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

Bumping for Alicia

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.
  8. PastTense

PastTense Well-Known Member

9. FleurQualia

FleurQualia Searching Soul

Ugh, this poor family.

Stranger on stranger crimes are the hardest to solve. I hope they have some evidence they can use to put someone away.

inmyhumbleopinion likes this.