IA IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, Davenport, 10 July 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by airportwoman, Jul 11, 2020.

1. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

2. diggndeeperstill

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  3. diggndeeperstill

Missing person update | July 11 | 4:30 PM: Our deepest THANK YOU to the caring people offering to help with the missing child investigation underway.

Here’s what you need to know:
    ✔️ The DPD is actively investigating and in constant contact with the family.
    ✔️ The DPD and supporting agencies are working expert-driven and independent search efforts that do not require volunteers.
    ✔️ Those seeking to join a volunteer search party should self-organize. Please be safe: work in groups of 3 or more and assign one person in your group to call 9-1-1 with information and tips.

We thank everyone for their compassion for the family during this difficult time. As the investigation and work evolves, we’ll be providing updates as soon as possible.
    Davenport Police Department

4. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

So he is her... uncle? And the "grandson" which would be her cousin... where does he say she went?
    And, why in the world is someone allowing children to sleep over at the home of a convicted sex offender?

5. diggndeeperstill

Yea, I am not quite sure of the relationship. I do know from one other case i followed that a sex offender was allowed to be in the presence of his own child....which seems crazy to me as well. This man isn't only a sex offender, he is basically a career criminal. Multiple drug arrests, suspended license, etc. Just totally disgusting.

6. 24Roses

24Roses Well-Known Member

Well, IMO I took it that DG's grandson is Breasia's half brother and Dinkins is his father, but not Breasia's. Breasia is also Donita Gardner's granddaughter.

elliefant, watcher9, Traymar and 23 others like this.
  7. Ontario Mom

I guess that would work too, I just immediately thought of cousins, for some reason.
    Either way, WHERE is this little girl, and WHY did her mama allow her to sleep over at the home of a freaking sex offender?
    I'm going to pretend mama thought she was staying over elsewhere, and give her the benefit of the doubt. FOR NOW.
    The primary caretaker of the "grandson" needs to answer for this as well, whoever she is.

bkgregg5, watcher9, beth272 and 11 others like this.
  8. 24Roses

24Roses Well-Known Member

IMO, it kind of sounds like the mom was at work until late and the grandma was watching her. To me it sounds like Breasia sent her mom the text after 9:00 and the mom didn't read it until she got off work. IMO-maybe the mom didn't know that she wasn't with the grandma overnight? Search for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continues Saturday

watcher9, kimpage, beth272 and 10 others like this.
  9. Ontario Mom

That makes sense. So then in that scenario, it was grandma who sent the kids to sleep over at a registered sex offender's house.
    :mad:

watcher9, Chocoholic, beth272 and 8 others like this.
  10. airportwoman

airportwoman Well-Known Member

For that matter, why is a 10-year-old out at 3am?

Still no more word here.

11. diggndeeperstill

I don’t think she was. I think the other person in the house with Dinkins might have seen her at 3:00 am. MOO

12. InspectGadget

InspectGadget Well-Known Member

The photos in this article of her mother are heartbreaking. As was just said, it makes more sense to me that her grandmother allowed her to go to his house. Again imo.
    While personally, I (I think I represent a huge majority on that one) would never ever let a 10 year old girl near him, perhaps the grandma is a bit blinded because of her relationship with him and the fact that the little girl was with the perps own son it created a false sense of safety perhaps rationalized by something like, “he only committed crimes on “others” and wouldn’t do it to family”). Offering no excuses just thinking about how she wound up in his “care”?
    The mother looks absolutely broken, I don’t want to think she would also have to live with leaving her with him...I am sure she feels horrible enough having to work nights to support her family.
    All imo, and forgive my rambling

13. Flurries

Flurries Well-Known Member

Family and friends denying sex offenders are really “that bad” are the reason sex offenders have easy access to children.
    FWIW, the kids shouldn’t have been around him because of his other records alone!

watcher9, mom2chloe, kimpage and 18 others like this.
  14. InspectGadget

InspectGadget Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree!
    Just trying to rationalize the seemingly irrational. From personal experience family denial and silence in case of SOs is baffling yet too prevalent. MOO

15. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

Certainly has a lot of cases - more than 60 (I stopped counting) in Iowa and two dozen in Rock Island County Illinois across the river.

watcher9, SAMS, joejs89 and 7 others like this.
  16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Dinkins is Breasia's little brother's Dad, but no relation to her.

I have to ask, did her Mom know Dinkins was a RSO?

17. Ontario Mom

Is there a link to that somewhere? (I miss stuff a lot, sorry if it's already been posted)

watcher9 likes this.
  18. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

19. Ontario Mom

watcher9, Marg from Oz and LotsaLatte like this.
  20. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

You're correct, I also made the same (possibly inaccurate) assumption there, so would the boy then be Breasia's cousin? Making Dinkins her uncle?