IA IA - Clark Perry Baldwin - Iowa trucker charged with 3 murders, investigating 4th murder

I google her name.... since I had not read anything on this case & this thread only has 2 posts. :)

Gloria Jean Barnes | Springfield, MO - Official Website

The follow-up investigation revealed that Gloria Barnes was last seen alive in Joiner, Arkansas around midnight on 7/10/1997. According to the victim’s brother, Gloria called him on 7/11/1997 at approximately 1:45 a.m. and reported that someone was trying to get her. According to family members, Gloria had been paranoid in the past about people following her. The telephone call was later traced to a pay phone that was located on the parking lot of a convenience store in Joiner, Arkansas. This convenience store was burglarized on the same night as Gloria’s disappearance. There was an unconfirmed sighting of Gloria walking toward Interstate 55 approximately one mile west of Joiner. Joiner is a rural town located just off Interstate 55 near the Tennessee border.

She was found on 7/13/1997

rbbm.
July 2016
Springfield police ask for clues in mysterious death investigation from 19-years-ago
''It was early the morning of July 13 when four truck drivers discovered the body of Gloria Jean Barnes. It was the day before her 36th birthday. Police believe Barnes hitched-hiked to Springfield from Joiner, Arkansas. Her body was wrapped in blankets. She was wearing a spring break t-shirt and black shorts.''

''Alli says the body was behind a well house that is still there. He says her mother's visits would break his heart and he says a trucker out there somewhere knows what happened.''

"A truck driver did it," says Kahn. "100 percent her mom said she would hitch hike with the truck drivers."

Detectives today agree someone in Springfield or located across the country holds the answers.''

''Among tips they are interested, information about a truck with the word Graceland on the cab and a picture of Elvis. But Lt. Wilson says they need more clues to solve the mystery''

May 22 2020 rbbm.
Suspected Iowa serial killer extradited to Tennessee, awaits initial court appearance
''Clark Perry Baldwin — an Iowa man that has been charged in the killings of three women in Wyoming and Tennessee in the 1990s, including two who were pregnant — has been extradited from Iowa to Tennessee where he will make an initial court appearance in the state early June.''

''Baldwin's initial court appearance in Tennessee is on June 1 at 8:30 a.m. at the circuit courts of the Maury County Court House, MCSO deputies confirmed. He is being held in Maury County Jail with a $1 million dollar bond.''

May 30 2020 rbbm.
Spring Hill cold case suspect arraigned in Maury County court
''Baldwin, 59, who was extradited to Tennessee May 15 after being arrested without incident on May 6, called into the courtroom from the Maury County Jail, using a video conferencing platform as part of the local court’s effort to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

During the arraignment, Judge David Allen assigned a court appointed attorney to Baldwin’s case and set a settlement date for Sept. 8, Court Clerk Sandy McLain told The Daily Herald.''

''He is also being considered as a potential person of interest for cold cases in Mississippi, Texas and Kansas.''

I hope there is not already a thread for this i looked and couldn't find one but if there is just let me know.

Clark Perry Baldwin has been linked to 3 murders in Wyoming and Tennessee from 1991 to 1992 he is also suspected of other murders in which the cases are ongoing. In 1991 he was arrested and charged with the rape of a hitchhiker in Wheeler, Texas the victim in that case stated that he bound her hands and mouth, raped her and attempted to choke her to death but she was able to escape. He ultimately was never charged with this crime because at the time of his court appearance the victim could not be found. In 1997 he was arrested by federal authorities for using his computer to make counterfeit money he was sentenced to 18 months in prison and was released in 1999. He worked as a long haul trucker for most of his career he lived in Nashua and Waterloo, Iowa and Springfield, Missouri.
I just wonder how many more victims of his are out there we all know that a serial killer never stops killing until they are caught. With his long haul trucking career I believe that he may have other victims all across the United States. One article said that he worked for some length of time as a taxi driver so there too he could have came in contact with potential victims. On another note I find it very sad that the two he is being charged with “Bitter Creek Betty” and “I-90 Doe” have never been identified. There family is still out there not knowing what happened to them and cannot be there in the court room to see this man get punished for what he has done.

Bitter Creek Betty a victim of Clark Perry Baldwin

First-degree murder charges filed in “Bitter Creek Betty” case

News article of his arrest in connection with Pamela McCall as well as Bitter Creek Betty
“We got him, babygirl." Trucker’s arrest brings closure to Gloucester mother 29 years after daughter slain

Also connected to I-90 Jane Does murder
Clark Perry Baldwin: Suspected serial killer arrested in Waterloo, Iowa

Another news article explaining more
Former trucker nabbed for murders of 3 women in Wyoming and Tennessee in early 1990s: Are there more victims? [Reports]

He worked for Marten Trucking when he was an over the road truck driver and at some point after that he worked for Orange Cab co. in Newport News, Virginia. I can't find anywhere that says for sure what years he worked for either company but I would assume he lost his trucking job when he was in prison for the counterfeiting charges and he started the cab job when he got out. I would really like to try to figure out where exactly his trucking routes took him that would make looking for the rest of his victims a lot easier as I am sure there are others out there killers don't just stop killing.

It would probably depend on if Baldwin had a specific age range (in other words, if he preferred female who had been through puberty or not). Then again, he would have been sixty-one in 2012 and may not have been physically competent - or thought he was not physically competent - to take on a grown woman anymore. And we all know that there's a reason why old and sick animals in the wild take weaker prey...
I still think suspect number one is more likely in the Zywicki case. Especially after hearing about her watch.

Interesting, the family does not necessarily think that Baldwin was responsible for the murder.
From link, thanks.. rbbm.

''Earlier this year, a trucker was arrested in Iowa believed to be responsible for multiple deaths with a similar method of operation. Gloria’s family does not believe Clark Perry Bladwin was responsible for her death, though. Springfield police are still investigating the possibility.''

''Gloria’s sister Sarah is hopeful.
I do know that some people in Springfield did see something. They said there was a young man working at the fuel place. What I heard was a car drove by and told them there was a dead body back here.''

''Springfield police ask anyone with information to give them a call. If you do not feel comfortable doing that, Gloria’s brother who is in law enforcement set up a special e-mail for tips at gloriabarnes797@gmail.com.''

Interesting, the family does not necessarily think that Baldwin was responsible for the murder.
From link, thanks.. rbbm.

''Earlier this year, a trucker was arrested in Iowa believed to be responsible for multiple deaths with a similar method of operation. Gloria’s family does not believe Clark Perry Bladwin was responsible for her death, though. Springfield police are still investigating the possibility.''

''Gloria’s sister Sarah is hopeful.
I do know that some people in Springfield did see something. They said there was a young man working at the fuel place. What I heard was a car drove by and told them there was a dead body back here.''

''Springfield police ask anyone with information to give them a call. If you do not feel comfortable doing that, Gloria’s brother who is in law enforcement set up a special e-mail for tips at gloriabarnes797@gmail.com.''
Clark Perry Baldwin's Court Settlement date in Tennessee has been delayed to 4 Jan 2021, per email with the County Clerk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back