IA IA - Colleen Simpson, 14, Bedford, 5 Oct 1975

alexina

Reaction score
Hm. Her friend said she disappeared from an out of town function. I wonder what kind of function and in what town? I know nothing at all about Iowa but maybe if we knew that info it would give us some clues, something to work with.
Yes, I was reading the comments, and what was kind of interesting was a comment of her brother who said that she disappeared from home and that she was a runaway.

caravan

Reaction score
I want to bring this forward because I am also VERY skeptical that Colleen was 5'7" and 90 lbs. That would put her BMI at 14, seriously skinny for a young woman. However, if she was 57" (a mistake we've seen before), at 4'9"/4'10" and 90 lbs, she would be a very normal 19.5 BMI.
If she was this tiny, perhaps her remains are unidentified somewhere- even as a child, or at least much shorter female than 5'7"?
Seems quite important

Richard

Reaction score
Colleen Vanita Simpson
colleen_vanita_simpson_1.jpg

Colleen, circa 1975

Alleykins

Reaction score
I think I can confirm her height and weight. This is from the Clarinda Herald Journal Oct 16, 1975

wCB_NOD9gVqT8xU9Lc1S0a48iXqXTguanbj4nviuqNP4Yr_MHw02WQUKKsuLWc3xyMXEWwgYWcqwmGBA9mTDvXGksU47263Pv6pW862BpirxZOIk3E33Qt_Sjs79_HMYBW97K4Aa
Thank you for posting this.
I didn't know she left a note. If that was a known fact, it went right over my head.
And it appears she was that skinny, it's not a typo.

Richard

Reaction score
Colleen Vanita Simpson

image-713.jpg
image-714.jpg

Left: Colleen circa, 1975
Right: Age Progressed to age 52

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: October 5, 1975

Missing From: Bedford, Taylor County, Iowa

Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Date Of Birth: December 5, 1960

Height and Weight: 5’7″ and 90 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian Female, Black hair, Hazel eyes, Colleen has a mole on the left side of her chin, and she has a moon shoes scar just below her right elbow on her arm

NCMEC Number: 601905

Details of Disappearance

Colleen Simpson was last seen at her family’s residence on October 5th 1975. She was last seen during the evening hours. Colleen is believed to have gone missing in the night hours of October 5th. She’s never been seen or heard from since.

Little information is available about Colleen’s disappearance but a lead came when serial killer, William Bradford, was found to have a photograph of a woman who closely resembles Simpson. The girls father stated that the photograph is not of his daughter.

Colleen’s case remains unsolved. Her parents have both since died. Her case is classified as a non family abduction.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Taylor County Sheriffs Office 712-523-2153

Source Information

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

The Charley Project

The Doe Network

NamUs

Colleen Vanita Simpson

MangoCove

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this.
I didn't know she left a note. If that was a known fact, it went right over my head.
And it appears she was that skinny, it's not a typo.

I had been pretty sure she was much shorter. Also, this was the only place I saw a note mentioned.