IA IA - Daughter Alleges Father (Donald Studey) is Serial Killer - Searches Yielded No Evidence - Thurman

First I had heard of this but I see WS is already on it.
I will have to catch up.
Anyway here's another link.

Police said Lucy Studey claims her father, Donald Studey, was a serial killer who murdered somewhere between 50 and 70 people. She also claimed she helped him dump bodies in a well on their former property.

I think about this case and Lucy everyday. I’ve researched the dog handler and will add those links later.
There’s more background details and clarification in this interview. Excuse me if it was posted.
I do wonder if the beatings Lucy recounts fall into the “strict, protective father” parenting behavior her sister defended.:(

I have little faith in the FBI… I think all the people pushing for action should continue to do so. The FBI has the resources to dig in challenging terrain, it’s the cost that may be holding this up IMO.. they have a duty to investigate further… IMO

All JMO:
I do have faith in the F.B.I. but I think asking her to take a polygraph is laughable. They need to do this right, no matter what the polygraph allegedly shows, so why bother doing it?

I don't have faith in the LE who "couldn't find the well."

I have a little bit of faith in the dogs.

I don't have faith in the family members who say they would have known if he was a murderer. Sometimes murderers hide it well enough and people very often believe what they need to believe.

I think if LE does this right they are going to find some victims, but I wish Lucy's story hadn't changed.

I don't have faith in the family members who say they would have known if he was a murderer. Sometimes murderers hide it well enough and people very often believe what they need to believe.
sbm
That was one of the siblings who said that, and didn't Lucy say Donald had all the siblings help him out? That's what I (re)read in one of the Newsweek articles today.
So if Lucy's story is correct, then Donald would have hid nothing to any of them.
I wish the third sister would say something too.

she could really believe it and pass the test because she really believes it but that doesn't make it true so I don't know if there's any point to the lie detector
That’s what gets me… there’s no doubt Lucy believes her incredulous stories and they’re going to need to excavate the site regardless. I’m starting to wonder who has been encouraging her to ask for a polygraph (looking at you Newsweek).

Anyone else in the FB groups?
Don't think I can link since the public one is ran by some random persons and Lucy's group is private.
But... I recommend anyone on Facebook to find them and join, and read her posts.
I had my doubts from the beginning and imo, jmo, **rumours** etc, there are other issues than murders involved here.
We will know the truth soon I hope.

What’s the point of giving her a polygraph now? Hasn’t she been reporting her father since the 1970s? I doubt she’s lying.

Also, one of his wives died by strangulation with an electrical cord. That’s so obviously not a suicide.

Last edited:
Anyone else in the FB groups?
Don't think I can link since the public one is ran by some random persons and Lucy's group is private.
But... I recommend anyone on Facebook to find them and join, and read her posts.
I had my doubts from the beginning and imo, jmo, **rumours** etc, there are other issues than murders involved here.
We will know the truth soon I hope.

Yes, I am in one. I've not joined Lucy's. I have to be honest though, at first I believed her and I'm not saying I don't believe her now, but I'm not as confident in her recollections as I was before.
The back and forth between Lucy and her sister is troubling IMO.

Local, state and federal law enforcement officials made their way to the Green Hollow area of Iowa early Tuesday to begin collecting samples of dirt to test for human remains at the site where Lucy Studey says her father killed scores of women over three decades dating to at least the 1970s.

In the dark of morning, witnesses and law enforcement sources familiar with the probe said, about 15 or so marked and unmarked vehicles with the Fremont County Sheriff's Office, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the FBI drove up to the vast area and began blocking it off about mid-morning. They also brought a piece of heavy equipment with them, according to people who saw the caravan arrive.

A source familiar with the investigation said the plan was to bore into the site of a well where bodies were suspected to be buried, as well as to dig and test a possible shallow grave along morel mushroom trails on the land.

All JMO:
I do have faith in the F.B.I. but I think asking her to take a polygraph is laughable. They need to do this right, no matter what the polygraph allegedly shows, so why bother doing it?

I don't have faith in the LE who "couldn't find the well."

I have a little bit of faith in the dogs.

I think if LE does this right they are going to find some victims, but I wish Lucy's story hadn't changed.
Siblings may not have wanted the stigma of being related to a serial killer. It could up end their lives. I can see how they may not have wanted that; though, I don't think I could live with myself if I kept quiet and let families suffer.

The mushroom trails give me serious pause...
Can you elaborate as to why?

I'm really glad they're out there digging & taking soil samples. From all the MSM I've read on this, there's already been 3 seperate cadavers dogs "hit" on the property. That's not nothing.

Either way, the truth will come out. Or so I hope.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back