IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

Just wanted to remind everyone, SS, stated on day 2 or 3 of her husband being missing or taken, she feels he is no longer in the area. It's on her fb. Go back to nov. 22 or 23rd. Just saying. Take it however you want to perceive it. Ps. Not try to be a smart *advertiser censored*.

It was literally in the 40s and even the 50s for most of the month and a half after he disappeared.

AGAIN, there would have been an odor at the very least, not to mention being snacked on.
Okay. Glad you are educated enough to know. I just am not. Only experienced calves and cattle. Was glad to not have odor with freezing nights and only a few hours of warmth in the day time for those that had not made it. Once true extended warmth happened, it was Awful! That is when they got buried. Again, my only experience and not a good one. Hopefully there is others with educated knowledge on here such as yours for input.

Just wanted to remind everyone, SS, stated on day 2 or 3 of her husband being missing or taken, she feels he is no longer in the area. It's on her fb. Go back to nov. 22 or 23rd. Just saying. Take it however you want to perceive it. Ps. Not try to be a smart *advertiser censored*.
Les Brown had immediately said at the beginning he thought something happened at the dropoff point. If I were the wife, this would be my belief as well from this reaction. LE stated video said David had never made it to the dropoff point. So ?????

Afterthought: I sincerely hope he was interviewed and maybe even polygraphed. He knew alot about locations and possibly even issues I would think.

Last edited:
Les Brown had immediately said at the beginning he thought something happened at the dropoff point. If I were the wife, this would be my belief as well from this reaction. LE stated video said David had never made it to the dropoff point. So ?????

Afterthought: I sincerely hope he was interviewed and maybe even polygraphed. He knew alot about locations and possibly even issues I would think.
The article in which Les Brown said he was convinced something happened at the dropoff point was published on Dec 21, nearly a month after David disappeared. The LE press release that stated David had not been to the drop off point was released on Dec 9.

LE has David's GPS phone data, which show his movements. If David had turned south towards Sac City rather than north, and then the phone traveled back north past Hwy 20 to where the phone and truck were found, LE would know this from the phone data.

I don't know why Les Brown is "convinced" David made it to the pig buying station. Maybe it's just a hunch, maybe David did something while he was there that showed he had arrived, but is not saying or was told not to say.

It wouldn't be the first time LE has left out information and facts of the case they have released or lied to the public about the evidence they have. I think if there was video of David's truck near the pig buying station that night, someone would have leaked that information and it would have been rumored by now. I don't see the advantage of LE not saying David had been to the pig buying station if he had been.

JMO

The article in which Les Brown said he was convinced something happened at the dropoff point was published on Dec 21, nearly a month after David disappeared. The LE press release that stated David had not been to the drop off point was released on Dec 9.

LE has David's GPS phone data, which show his movements. If David had turned south towards Sac City rather than north, and then the phone traveled back north past Hwy 20 to where the phone and truck were found, LE would know this from the phone data.

I don't know why Les Brown is "convinced" David made it to the pig buying station. Maybe it's just a hunch, maybe David did something while he was there that showed he had arrived, but is not saying or was told not to say.

It wouldn't be the first time LE has left out information and facts of the case they have released or lied to the public about the evidence they have. I think if there was video of David's truck near the pig buying station that night, someone would have leaked that information and it would have been rumored by now. I don't see the advantage of LE not saying David had been to the pig buying station if he had been.

JMO

That is an interesting thought, though... that perhaps he did make it there and they really, really want to withhold that information for some reason. Because that would then account for the gap in time in his phone data, causing folks to wonder whether the truck was driven at a very low speed because someone unskilled was driving it, or whether he paused at that intersection for 15-20 minutes. During that time period, he could have easily driven to the dropoff point and back, I would think.

But as you said, surely if he had made it there, it would have been leaked by now.

I keep thinking about the fact that David was late and his loading time was switched with another driver. The other driver could have been involved in something nefarious that ended up making David's truck a target due to the time switch. Also wouldn't the driver he switched with have been in the vincinity from dropping off the pigs at that time David was at the intersection? The other driver would have known that David was going to be at that intersection as well. When Les Brown stated that he thought it had something to do with the drop off point, he could have referring to the circumstances around the switching of the drivers load and drop off times. Something else that stands out to me is that the delay was due to the hog barns needing to be cleaned. Maybe David was upset about the delay due to him having plans with his family the next day and wanting to be on time, and he might have gotten into it with an employee at the drop off point earlier in the day about it. The persons or people at the drop off location would have known he was coming that night. MOO

I keep thinking about the fact that David was late and his loading time was switched with another driver. The other driver could have been involved in something nefarious that ended up making David's truck a target due to the time switch. Also wouldn't the driver he switched with have been in the vincinity from dropping off the pigs at that time David was at the intersection? The other driver would have known that David was going to be at that intersection as well. When Les Brown stated that he thought it had something to do with the drop off point, he could have referring to the circumstances around the switching of the drivers load and drop off times. Something else that stands out to me is that the delay was due to the hog barns needing to be cleaned. Maybe David was upset about the delay due to him having plans with his family the next day and wanting to be on time, and he might have gotten into it with an employee at the drop off point earlier in the day about it. The persons or people at the drop off location would have known he was coming that night. MOO
I hadn’t read where there was a delay because of the barns needing cleaned. I must have missed that.

I apologize for not giving a link to the source. I posted right before I was headed out the door.

Sarah Schultz is quoted in the Frieghtwaves article

“He had another load before this one that made him late,” Sarah said. “I think they were cleaning out those hog barns. I think he said he’d already been there once and this was the second time.”

MOO, I also feel that with the drop off barn being a temporary holding facility that probably means temporary employees as well... people who may not be from the area or who see David on a regular basis to know his personality, character and work ethic.

I saw on Google maps that there is a weigh station near the intersection where David's truck went in the opposite direction. I wonder if there are any cameras there. I also am interested to know if trucks park on the on ramps or off ramps of that exit to rest on regular basis.

I apologize for not giving a link to the source. I posted right before I was headed out the door.

“He had another load before this one that made him late,” Sarah said. “I think they were cleaning out those hog barns. I think he said he’d already been there once and this was the second time.”

MOO, I also feel that with the drop off barn being a temporary holding facility that probably means temporary employees as well... people who may not be from the area or who see David on a regular basis to know his personality, character and work ethic.

I saw on Google maps that there is a weigh station near the intersection where David's truck went in the opposite direction. I wonder if there are any cameras there. I also am interested to know if trucks park on the on ramps or off ramps of that exit to rest on regular basis.
Thank you for the link. I did miss that one. There have been so many articles and interviews, it’s hard to keep track of them all. That helps.

MOO, I also feel that with the drop off barn being a temporary holding facility that probably means temporary employees as well... people who may not be from the area or who see David on a regular basis.

Sarah's reference to cleaning out those barns likely meant emptying, not sanitizing. I don't imagine a barns are cleaned until being emptied, meaning there is no cleaning between loading each truck.

David was late arriving to load site in Eagle Grove because of a previous load and was then given the last load to be loaded that evening, which as I understand it were "Culls" (less desirable pigs that are sorted out from the rest) to be taken to Wiechman's, which specializes in buying the less desirable pigs. I don't think all the loads of pigs removed that evening were heading to Wiechman's, it's likely only David's load was. I don't think David would have had a problem with being the last truck loaded, since he was probably the last truck to arrive.

I also don't think David was running late to arrive at Wiechman's, since there was likely no one there at the time and would have been a self unload and place the paperwork in the box as described by the manager and the fact that it was not known the pigs were missing until the next morning when a worker came in to work up the hogs. Had there been employees at Wiechman's when David should have arrived, it would have been known the load of hogs didn't arrive much earlier than it was.

JMO

Sarah's reference to cleaning out those barns likely meant emptying, not sanitizing. I don't imagine a barns are cleaned until being emptied, meaning there is no cleaning between loading each truck.

David was late arriving to load site in Eagle Grove because of a previous load and was then given the last load to be loaded that evening, which as I understand it were "Culls" (less desirable pigs that are sorted out from the rest) to be taken to Wiechman's, which specializes in buying the less desirable pigs. I don't think all the loads of pigs removed that evening were heading to Wiechman's, it's likely only David's load was. I don't think David would have had a problem with being the last truck loaded, since he was probably the last truck to arrive.

I also don't think David was running late to arrive at Wiechman's, since there was likely no one there at the time and would have been a self unload and place the paperwork in the box as described by the manager and the fact that it was not known the pigs were missing until the next morning when a worker came in to work up the hogs. Had there been employees at Wiechman's when David should have arrived, it would have been known the load of hogs didn't arrive much earlier than it was.

JMO
I'm still having issues understanding/wrapping my head around the events of that night. It seems like everything that SS describes regarding DS is inconsistent with his behavior/actions that night. We know that he was running late (which is not unusual she said), and that he was very anxious to get his last load done, because he wanted to spend time with family that was visiting from Florida. Why, then, would DS drive ~16 miles out of his way-one way (if he was in Sac City-previous load) to go home to Wall Lake, just to change clothes? I don't know that it was actually ever verified, but did he have loading clothes? If so, why the need to change clothes? SS said he liked to be clean. But it seems like that wouldn't be a huge deal if it was your last load, and you wanted to get done. It's been stated he left the house around 7:00 pm. It's about an hour and a half drive to Eagle Grove from Wall Lake, and yet he didn't get loaded and left Eagle Grove until 10:50 that night. So what was he doing for that extra hour and a half? Talking to his mechanic, where his semi was parked? Perhaps he was having problems with his lights, as was mentioned in a facebook post? That is why he stopped at the MM126 truck stop per DS dad. (not verified-just mentioned by SS). Not sure what my point is with all this. Just seems like alot of stuff is inconsistent/contradictory. Not insinuating anything, just thinking because DS worked such long hours, they basically lived separate lives. And maybe SS wouldn't have any idea if something was going on with DS. Not saying there was, just trying to come up with something that makes sense. This is just my opinion, and I sound like a broken record, because this has been talked about numerous times. I hope the family eventually gets answers.

I'm still having issues understanding/wrapping my head around the events of that night. It seems like everything that SS describes regarding DS is inconsistent with his behavior/actions that night. We know that he was running late (which is not unusual she said), and that he was very anxious to get his last load done, because he wanted to spend time with family that was visiting from Florida. Why, then, would DS drive ~16 miles out of his way-one way (if he was in Sac City-previous load) to go home to Wall Lake, just to change clothes? I don't know that it was actually ever verified, but did he have loading clothes? If so, why the need to change clothes? SS said he liked to be clean. But it seems like that wouldn't be a huge deal if it was your last load, and you wanted to get done. It's been stated he left the house around 7:00 pm. It's about an hour and a half drive to Eagle Grove from Wall Lake, and yet he didn't get loaded and left Eagle Grove until 10:50 that night. So what was he doing for that extra hour and a half? Talking to his mechanic, where his semi was parked? Perhaps he was having problems with his lights, as was mentioned in a facebook post? That is why he stopped at the MM126 truck stop per DS dad. (not verified-just mentioned by SS). Not sure what my point is with all this. Just seems like alot of stuff is inconsistent/contradictory. Not insinuating anything, just thinking because DS worked such long hours, they basically lived separate lives. And maybe SS wouldn't have any idea if something was going on with DS. Not saying there was, just trying to come up with something that makes sense. This is just my opinion, and I sound like a broken record, because this has been talked about numerous times. I hope the family eventually gets answers.
I wonder the same. The deep pocketed jeans are a red flag for me. If you’re trying to throw off an investigation say by tossing your jacket the deep pocket jeans could carry what your jacket would have. That and kissing the one son but not the other. Imo it was harder for him to say goodbye to him. Idk this case stumps me!

I wonder the same. The deep pocketed jeans are a red flag for me. If you’re trying to throw off an investigation say by tossing your jacket the deep pocket jeans could carry what your jacket would have. That and kissing the one son but not the other. Imo it was harder for him to say goodbye to him. Idk this case stumps me!
BBM

Kissed the grandson but not his own son. Telling that son he didn't have time.

I have been following this case from the beginning. I initially felt very strongly that his disappearance was voluntary, but as time has passed I am inclined to think that foul play could be at hand as well. I do not think that his disappearance was self harm or a medical episode. It could be any of those four, but from everything that I've read, heard & watched, I think voluntary disappearance or foul play. I am saddened for his family and hope that he is found soon. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WorriedinAlabama
Back