Resolved IA - Dow City, Human Skeletal, in bags in warehouse, May'11 - Very old

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Snufamonbobball, May 18, 2011.

1. Snufamonbobball

Snufamonbobball But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou

http://www.action3news.com/story/14665826/bags-of-bones-discovered-in-dow-city-building

Dow City, IA - A warehouse becomes the center of a mystery in Dow City, Iowa. Someone found a bag of bones inside the old building late Monday. The Crawford County Medical Examiner concludes they are human.

Someone makes a chilling discovery in a musty, dark, building that has the town talking. "It could be a cold case yes," explained Sheriff James Steinkuehler.

On a dusty shelf sat human bones had been stuffed into two old bread bags. Sheriff Steinkuehler calls the find "disturbing". "The one bag had a couple what I call the leg bones," Sheriff Steinkuehler said while pointing to his lower leg.

More...

2. Loading...

3. peeples

peeples New Member

thanks! My mother in law emailed me to tell me all about it this morning LOL

4. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

The link in the OP has gone to link heaven but one bag of bones was found in a blue barrel. The building used to belong to a man called Melvin Kuehnhold who died.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110519/NEWS01/705199867

5. Snufamonbobball

Snufamonbobball But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou

Thanks for the new link Donjeta!

I'm not holding my breath for any info on these bones to be released anytime soon. LE here never says anything about anything until it's been forever and ever.

In fact, our cold case unit is about to be disbanded because of a lack of funds. They had 2 detectives, and it was started in 2008, but with no arrests or forward movement in the numerous cold cases here, their funding was axed. Unless funding is found, Oct. 31 is when their funds run out. I think it's very sad, as there are so many unsolved cases here. Granted the cold cases are stranger homicides and kidnappings, and those are more difficult to solve, but I still think it's really sad and was a worthwhile program.

6. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

7. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130913/NEWS/130919318/1016

PUBLISHED FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2013 AT 2:57 PM / UPDATED AT 8:56 PM
    By Andrew J. Nelson / World-Herald staff writer

<snipped>