IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the reason for going at night probably was to be subtle and not garner the attention of the public or the media (so much for that lol). I do not think it could be a timeline reenactment because time of day, traffic, etc are all going to affect the outcome and what is possible at night may not be in day and vice versa.

Anyone remember this odd post, what if there is some truth to it...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24858

Hope it is ok to do this, if not, sorry...

Otto -- that is AMAZING!! Great work!!!

I have 2 tiny edits:

1) We aren't really sure where the bikes were found. DM said it was closer to the white thing that sticks out into the water, where the maintenance gate was found open. TG said he came around a blind curve and almost ran over them. So there are TWO possible bike locations, which are at opposite ends of that double fence section.

2) The pump house isn't a pump house, it is a sewer lift station. Not that that matters.

Thanks ... I'm unsure about the location of the bikes, but since the cyclist came around a curve, I'm thinking that it would have to be prior to the long straight stretch of trail that runs past the white drainage pipe in the water. I don't know where the maintenance gate is, so maybe someone local can help me with that and I'll add that label to the map.

thanks whittymom :) I sure don't know if the two things are related but I appreciate you showing me something interesting I was unaware of before.

I remember this and then sometime later the 2 family members OD. I was thinking if someone else dies or tries to die.......Who all knows and willing to die instead of coughing up the truth. I know I know thinking outside the box again. JMO

Had to read your post twice, but, I agree! Wonder if LE followed this lead? How do these suicide attempts and Meyers lake connect, if they do??

I must have missed something. I thought the bikes and purse were found way farther west on the trail by the gate and jetty.:waitasec:

I originally thought that too, but for the cyclist to come around a curve, I think it has to be to the east. Also, I'm assuming that this photo was taken at the location of the bikes (cyclist and investigators)

meyerslakecyclist.jpg

Had to read your post twice, but, I agree! Wonder if LE followed this lead? How do these suicide attempts and Meyers lake connect, if they do??

I don't know just watching for another attempt.

Opps i posted this on the scanner thread but meant to post it here. Sorry for the double post.

How long does FBI usually stay on a missing case. Or are they always on the case for years?
If they leave and it is left to Local LE then we know that all tips and leads are at an end. JMO FBI must have positive leads to still be there right?

I must have missed something. I thought the bikes and purse were found way farther west on the trail by the gate and jetty.:waitasec:

They were. I'm on a computer right now that doesn't have speakers but when I can get on my regular computer I will dig up the video where this was reported. The bikes were found near the gate. The purse was 10 feet to the east of the bikes and two feet from the fence on the lake-side on the fence.

They were. I'm on a computer right now that doesn't have speakers but when I can get on my regular computer I will dig up the video where this was reported. The bikes were found near the gate. The purse was 10 feet to the east of the bikes and two feet from the fence on the lake-side on the fence.

I'll fix the map when I have a better understanding of the location of the gate.

I never heard anything about her wearing glasses? Was she wearing them on the bike ride? This photo looks nothing like the photo on some of the posters with her hair pulled back and earrings! what a difference she looks in her various photos while Lizzie looks the same, just older...
I just hope people see the various photos so if she's out there they notice it is her!

Ok, now I am a little creeped out. I posted this a few days ago,

bike trail in george wyth - m4w - 30 (waterloo)

Date: 2012-07-12, 8:50PM CDT
Reply to: kbptj-3135922019@pers.craigslist.org

i passed by you we caught i contact, you were wearing a blue tank top and black shorts. you had glasses on. if this is you and you remember this happening tell me what color bike i have or something u noticed about me. i hope you see this cause i would like to talk to you

Didn't someone report that the girls had been visiting this Wyeth park in the weeks previous to the abduction?

If Lyric wore glasses, maybe this was directed at her?

It's been 3 weeks today, right? This is insane. Where could these 2 little girls be????

I originally thought that too, but for the cyclist to come around a curve, I think it has to be to the east. Also, I'm assuming that this photo was taken at the location of the bikes (cyclist and investigators)

meyerslakecyclist.jpg

Thank you Otto!! :rocker:

Otto, the gate is right where the jetty is. My pic, with arrow, shows the curve I always felt TG was talking about.

Attachments

• trail 2.jpg
    trail 2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 53
As a side note, the picture with TG and the officers is very interesting. My reading of their body language suggests they were not taking what he had to say very seriously. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that they continually stated they had no knowledge of this witness, but its something to consider.

I am starting to have Aunt Tammy withdrawals. At least SOMEBODY was talking!! JEEZ!! I'm needing an update!!

As a side note, the picture with TG and the officers is very interesting. My reading of their body language suggests they were not taking what he had to say very seriously. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that they continually stated they had no knowledge of this witness, but its something to consider.

Maybe the press asked them to posse for a pic? Police don't have their note pads out.JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77