IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM and NG are very salacious in their story selections. I watch them when covering a case I am following, but I never take anything out of either woman's mouth as fact. Their job is to get us (the public) all worked up and discussing/watching what they are covering. They do a good job of that but the show is geared toward ratings and not hard facts or real journalism.

Course all of the above is simply my own opinion of those programs.

I watch NG and JVM too and it amazes me how much time they waste covering the same story for the entire hour. The shows could tell the story in 15 minutes if they didn't repeat the same stuff over and over and over. I wish they'd cover 3-4 stories on each episode rather than belabor the same story over and over.

:wave: hello to our guests.

4 weeks ago at this hour this all began. its just past noon in evansdale. i hope someone is down in the lake area to see if a guilty party shows up.

4 weeks ago at this hour this all began. its just past noon in evansdale. i hope someone is down in the lake area to see if a guilty party shows up.

Thanks for the reminder BB. So sad. I can't imagine how the families are feeling. :(

I wish there was something we could do to stir up some kind of interest in this story. Isn't there a truckers organization that broadcasts missing kids? Was that done?

Ok, I'm not quite ready to shut up yet - so sue me. I just wanted to give a few ideas for that. Oprah might be willing to do a segment on them. GFWC is also really good about spreading the word on worthy causes; if someone contacted the Waterloo Women's Club in Waterloo, they might be able to help.

All i can say at this point is that no punishment is harsh enough for those who are responsible for crimes like this. Harming children and the pain it causes to families is the worst crime imaginable. I hope if the perp is reading this they are preparing for more pain then they can imagine right now. Good luck sleeping tonight, because your time is up. You will be caught, punished and pay dearly. Have a nice day.

5. Is it possible that the reason WC was so sure the girls never went that far because they never did when she was there? Mrs. C. said they see them, especially Elizabeth, almost every night; do they only see Lyric with her on nights when she's spending the night?

I have a lot more questions, but I have a feeling that only the perp/s (and the girls if they're still with us) know the true answers.

SBM

First, I believe your last comment is true. But, we may have hints at answers to some of your questions.

Regarding WC not knowing the girls went that far, IMO, she's a grannie. And, grannies (& parents) don't always know as much as they think they do. We do know that Elizabeth had been to the lake before with the neighbor girls, per Aunt T.

As far as Mr. & Mrs. C go, I think when she said 'night' she may have not have been referring to after dark. Probably evening while it was still light out?

Mr & Mrs C said they'd seen the girls before, especially Elizabeth. So, that would indicate they'd seen Lyric some, but no indication when or how often. Nor did they say if they'd ever seen Lyric without Elizabeth.

I hate that this case is going cold (at least in the media). We need their faces everywhere, not just Iowa.

Ok, I'm not quite ready to shut up yet - so sue me. I just wanted to give a few ideas for that. Oprah might be willing to do a segment on them. GFWC is also really good about spreading the word on worthy causes; if someone contacted the Waterloo Women's Club in Waterloo, they might be able to help.

Oprah's talk show ended a few years. The only show she hosts now is "Oprah's Next Chapter" where she interviews celebrities like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kobe Bryant, etc.

Although I may not agree sometimes, I like your posts! Keep 'em coming!

Snark SBM

1) I am sure TG's family knows if he used the trail regularly but they aren't talking. Or else they'd love to talk but no one in the media is interested in listening. Considering TG's ease with the media, I consider the second possibility more likely.

2b) In this scenario, I think the perp was hidden in plain sight. By being reasonably clean and well groomed, wearing clothing appropriate for recreational walking and giving a smile to anyone who passed by. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more people saw the perp on or near the trail and saw nothing to make it stick in their memory. If the perp had a particular look out place, they may have blended in by pretending to do stretches or adjust a shoe whenever someone who did not fit the perp's profile went by.

3) If the bicycles that TG saw did not belong to Elizabeth and Lyric, we don't know that the owners have not spoken to LE. All we know is that they haven't spoken to the media or that the media didn't see fit to include them in coverage. LE almost always asks witnesses not to speak to the media.

I agree, GrainneDhu.

I will add that the only person who can really tell us if he rode the trail everyday is Ted, himself. For example, if a doctor told me that I needed to exercise everyday due to high cholesterol or weight, I might tell my family that I was exercising every day when, in fact, I only exercised 4 days a week and watched TV the other 3 days. :innocent: Just like some people will say that they haven't smoked in ___ days when they have. I'm not saying that Ted did that (we all know that men -and women - are 99.999999% honest at all times :waitasec: ). I'm saying that he is the only person who can accurately tell us what time/days he went cycling.

And, no, peeps, the doctor did not tell me to do that and I did not lie to my family. It's just an example. Lol.

Not much but here's what was tweeted. Read from bottom up.

Adam Amdor ‏@AdamKWWL7
4 week mark of girls' abduction. New release from Evansdale PD: No new info, $50,000 reward remains, call the tiplines. #EvansdaleSearch

16m Adam Amdor ‏@AdamKWWL7
Leads still coming in, investigators still gathering evidence, still receiving test results on evidence already obtained. #EvansdaleSearch

16m Adam Amdor ‏@AdamKWWL7
4 week mark of missing girls' abduction. New release from BHCO: No new info, $50,000 reward remains, call the tiplines. #EvansdaleSearch

https://twitter.com/AdamKWWL7

Odd the music news guy tweets more info than the others but also read where someone tweeted saying they were meeting at the lake today. Not a newsperson though.

No one cashing in on that big reward says imo to me that the perp havent' given theirself away yet or they are not local and long gone. imo

wcfcourier ‏@wcfcourier
Vigil set tonight for missing girls: EVANSDALE --- A vigil for missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Eli... http://bit.ly/MI6jPG

CBS 2 Iowa ‏@cbs2iowa
Today marks the 4th week that two girls have been missing since Evansdale. So far, no solid clues have... http://fb.me/1gkW2TEWa

Oprah's talk show ended a few years. The only show she hosts now is "Oprah's Next Chapter" where she interviews celebrities like Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Kobe Bryant, etc.

Sorry, I haven't had a tv for quite a while, but doesn't she publish a magazine or something? I know she's known for helping people out in a lot of ways, so I thought she might be able to do something to keep them in the public's eye.

Sorry, I haven't had a tv for quite a while, but doesn't she publish a magazine or something? I know she's known for helping people out in a lot of ways, so I thought she might be able to do something to keep them in the public's eye.

Are there any local (Iowan) celebrities I wonder who we could get interested in the case and lend their celebrity towards keeping the girls's names and faces out there? (Not necessarily posed to just you confusion, but to the thread at large)

Confusion, start hounding people by email if you think u can get some help. I know I contacted Greta on a daily basis back when Jesse Lunsford went missing. She answered me and if I had something she hadn't heard she jumped right on it. Newspeople have to have something new to broadcast or they don't do it.

Would bike tires have had debrie from the type of ground they had ridden over?

Confusion, start hounding people by email if you think u can get some help. I know I contacted Greta on a daily basis back when Jesse Lunsford went missing. She answered me and if I had something she hadn't heard she jumped right on it. Newspeople have to have something new to broadcast or they don't do it.

I can try contacting the president of the local GFWC chapter and see if she can give me a contact person in Waterloo, and maybe for their district (rather than just local chapter).

No one cashing in on that big reward says imo to me that the perp havent' given theirself away yet or they are not local and long gone. imo

Does anyone have an idea how often cases like this are solved and the reward is given out? Just curious~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23