IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting cctv, bike video, maybe I am imagining things, but this one seems clearer than the others. Also thinking again about these particular words from LE concerning the clip.

"The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/missing-iowa-cousins-video_n_1702822.html

Unfortunately, that is the same video I've seen several times. :( It does look to me though that there is clearly 2 black images as the bikes go by...not sure if they were both wearing black clothing, or if they were each carrying something black but as both bikes went by there were 2 black "blurs" I would call them. The video isn't black and white so if there were colors you'd think you'd be able to see them. I am trying to stop the video as it plays and I can make out bikes but I still keep seeing the clothing (either shirt or pants, can't tell) looks black!

I guess maybe I wasn't as clear what I meant regarding the vehicle. The mode of transportatation really would be irrelevent. Just the rash of abductions I guess makes me wonder how many of these who appear to be random really may not be, but could be paid by family members?

If the statistics are correct that the number of abductions by complete strangers is truly as low as they make it out to be, then this summers #'s alone are going to blow that right out of the water.

In one article I read this morning about registered sex offenders it said that the National Registery is increasing rapidly. That just includes the ones who have been caught and I dont even think that is even half of the sex offenders in this country.

I think many more minors are kidnapped by stranger sex offenders than the statistics would like for us to believe.

There isnt a day that goes by it seems that somewhere in the news a story is about an abuction or an attempted abduction of a minor.

I think those that fail in their attempt to kidnap a minor will keep trying until they are successful.

IMO

Reposting cctv, bike video, maybe I am imagining things, but this one seems clearer than the others. Also thinking again about these particular words from LE concerning the clip.

"The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/missing-iowa-cousins-video_n_1702822.html

I'm not convinced that we can say that the girls were riding away from the lake. The video and home are directly North of Mayers Lake. Whether the girls went left or right, East or West, from the house to the nearest street doesn't really make much difference in terms of towards, or away from, the lake.

It can be said that they were not riding towards the Evansdale Trail, but not that they were riding away from the lake.

Unfortunately, that is the same video I've seen several times. :( It does look to me though that there is clearly 2 black images as the bikes go by...not sure if they were both wearing black clothing, or if they were each carrying something black but as both bikes went by there were 2 black "blurs" I would call them. The video isn't black and white so if there were colors you'd think you'd be able to see them. I am trying to stop the video as it plays and I can make out bikes but I still keep seeing the clothing (either shirt or pants, can't tell) looks black!

I have enhanced screen shots from the video using color by individually increasing green, red, blue, cyan, yellow and magenta. No matter what I do, no color appears on the girls. It seems that the girls and their bikes are black and white. I'm assuming that the media has already messed with the video a bit so it's now impossible to extract or isolate color.

As far as no one hearing the girls scream, I've had a few thoughts.

What is the noise level like there on the trail? It's close to the hwy and there was road construction going on. Is it possible that they did scream but just nobody was able to hear them?

My other thought is that a gun was used and the abduction was very fast. I think initial shock coupled with something that happened very fast could have prevented the girls from screaming.

And of course, there is the possibility that they were lured away.

MOO

ETA--I thought this was interesting. . regarding my tin foil hat theory.

http://www.kcci.com/news/politics/O...ur/-/9356970/16085882/-/159kvmyz/-/index.html

I dont think we really know what they would do.

Carlie Brushia was 11 years old when she was lead away in broad daylight by Joe Smith who raped and murdered her He was a complete stranger. She didnt make a sound nor did she even try to run. I think children this age are just so shocked that this is happening to them that they freeze and are unable to scream or try to get away.

And even adult women far past the years of these girls have been led away by a stranger rapist and were raped and murdered.

IMO

In one article I read this morning about registered sex offenders it said that the National Registery is increasing rapidly. That just includes the ones who have been caught and I dont even think that is even half of the sex offenders in this country.

I think many more minors are kidnapped by stranger sex offenders than the statistics would like for us to believe.

There isnt a day that goes by it seems that somewhere in the news a story is about an abuction or an attempted abduction of a minor.

I think those that fail in their attempt to kidnap a minor will keep trying until they are successful.

IMO

Teenagers that send nude photos of themselves to others for fun are also being added to the sex offender list ... so the list is now muddied with people that are not sex offenders, but careless children sending nude photos of themselves to people they're dating.

I dont think we really know what they would do.

Carlie Brushia was 11 years old when she was lead away in broad daylight by Joe Smith who raped and murder her. She didnt make a sound nor did she even try to run. I think children this age are just so shocked that this is happening to them that they freeze and are unable to scream or try to get away.

And even adult women far past the years of these girls have been lead away by a stranger rapist and were raped and murdered.

IMO

Victoria Stafford willingly went with her abductor and only hesitated as she was at the car, where she was then shoved into the vehicle without a chance to escape.

I'm not convinced that we can say that the girls were riding away from the lake. The video and home are directly North of Mayers Lake. Whether the girls went left or right, East or West, from the house to the nearest street doesn't really make much difference in terms of towards, or away from, the lake.

It can be said that they were not riding towards the Evansdale Trail, but not that they were riding away from the lake.

The police seems to think it is significant that they were not going in the direction of Myers Lake. I dont think LE is convinced the girls ever went there that day.

IMO

Teenagers that send nude photos of themselves to others for fun are also being added to the sex offender list ... so the list is now muddied with people that are not sex offenders, but careless children sending nude photos of themselves to people they're dating.

That may be some of the added ones but I dont think it is even a drop in the bucket compared to the ones who are actual pedophiles and RSOs.

Taking nudie photos as teens is not in the news nearly as often as we read/hear about another pedophile either abducting a minor or attempting to abduct a minor for sexual purposes.

IMO

I guess maybe I wasn't as clear what I meant regarding the vehicle. The mode of transportatation really would be irrelevent. Just the rash of abductions I guess makes me wonder how many of these who appear to be random really may not be, but could be paid by family members?

If the statistics are correct that the number of abductions by complete strangers is truly as low as they make it out to be, then this summers #'s alone are going to blow that right out of the water.

Maybe I'm the only skeptical one, but I question a lot of the reported alleged abduction attempts. There have been several that were reported that don't make a lot of sense. I'm not a head in the sand kind of person, I'm always very vigilant and cautious with my children, yet I still think that many of the reports this summer have been exaggerated.

I personally don't think they are all legitimate kidnapping attempts. JMHO

First, I want to say THANK YOU to all the die-hard who have been sticking to this case and NOT letting it get cold.
I hate it when a case goes on to the second page. :hug:

That is how crimes are solved by keep hammering at them dissecting them and looking at them from all angles.

I also think that there is a new “BREED” of RSO out there…

They are not the kind that are typical of abduction that we have seen in the last 20 years. Their Motive of Operation being, do what they want and dispose of the body within a 5-mile radius of the abduction.

In addition, add to that factor the recent upswing in human trafficking of children and *advertiser censored* rings that are out there.
I would think it would make it a lot more difficult to find missing children these days.

If LE believes that the Bikes were staged at the lake, I would hazard to guess that this is a career criminal or a ring.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok... The Fact we know for sure in this case are:

1. The girls have been missing now for 31 days
2. They were last seen on camera at 12:15pm...ish

Anything else...?

Anything else...?

3 Their bikes were found at the lake just before 4 pm

Maybe I'm the only skeptical one, but I question a lot of the reported alleged abduction attempts. There have been several that were reported that don't make a lot of sense. I'm not a head in the sand kind of person, I'm always very vigilant and cautious with my children, yet I still think that many of the reports this summer have been exaggerated.

I personally don't think they are all legitimate kidnapping attempts. JMHO

Which ones dont make sense if I may ask?

Why dont you think they were legitimate kidnapping attempts?

It isnt just this summer........attempted kidnappings of minors have been going on for years. It didnt just start happening this summer. I have read numerous articles for years about attempted abductions even those that have happened in my local area.

thanks

Anything else...?

Bingo ... that is all we know and all that has been verified by LE.

And, added by Jax: Their bikes were found at Meyers Lake just shortly before 4pm on the 13th July/12

Which ones dont make sense if I may ask?

Why dont you think they were legitimate kidnapping attempts?

It isnt just this summer........attempted kidnappings of minors have been going on for years. It didnt just start happening this summer. I have read numerous articles for years about attempted abductions even those that have happened in my local area.

thanks

Agreed it isn't just this summer ... it is every summer and not to create a stir or panic but it tends to increase towards the end of August and beginning of September (just before school starts). All moo.

Tentatively scheduled for August 28.

I am not sleuthing parents because I personally feel they are innocent. I do have a question that I'm hoping someone could answer. I must have missed something along the way. If DM backed out of a plea deal the day before the girls went missing and decided to go to trial and risk YEARS in prison why would this be suspicious of the girls disappearance? If he was being threatened by people he narc'ed on didn't he comply? Like if they said we are gonna take your kid if don't remove yourself from the plea deal then he did that, right? So why would the kids be abducted related to that if he in fact did back out of the plea deal?? I probably have something screwed up or didn't understand something. Please, no darts, just clear that up for me. TIA

IMO

ITA, Ocean, last night on my scanner a local called dispatch to report an approx. 13 yo female crying at a 7-11. The man she was with had her go in the men's bathroom with him. They got into a vehicle headed 95S, she had followed to that point. Two officers started for the 7-11 and a supervisor had the dispatch call State Police to have them do a welfare check at the address on the licenses plates.

Soooo, why couldn't State Police just stop the vehicle on 95, what if she was a runaway or abducted from our county? The man could have passed her off to someone before he got to his home. On the other hand, he could be the father and the 13 yo was just picked up by him from being a runaway,or whatever, who knows?

Still, it wouldn't have hurt to verify, so how many eyewitnesses could there have been for any of these abductions and the ball was dropped? There's too many abductions of all ages and there needs to be a quicker response for suspicious sightings. By the time they go look at video, the suspect and victim could be miles away. I was so ticked off, can you tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member