IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a motorcycle helmet law or a bicycle helmet law. I see children and adults all the time riding without helmets.

That is correct. Here is a link just in case anyone wants more (since this group loves proof lol)

http://www.dmv.org/ia-iowa/safety-laws.php

Not only does Iowa have no bike or motorcycle helmet law, I have seen more people without helmets than with (for either). I think if helmets were likely worn they'd have been in their description.

I am very careful about what I post and don't think I've ever posted a rumor or anything from FB but I just have to share this time. Just read on one of the girls' pages that today Heather posted on her FB status that she & Drew believe someone who knew the girls is the one who took them and they are praying really hard that TODAY will be the day that the girls are returned to them. I'm sure they always pray that everyday. But, it doesn't hurt for us to send prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes out to them today.

:please:

In terms of changing stories from two of the "tip" people, it seems to me that both have modified their statements. The lawn watering guy first said he saw that girls between 12-1 and then changed it to 12-3. His wife helped him modify the time even though she was not home at the time. With the cycling guy, we've heard that he used the washroom at the parking lot and at the gas station.

Which person are we supposed to assume is not telling the truth?

I am very careful about what I post and don't think I've ever posted a rumor or anything from FB but I just have to share this time. Just read on one of the girls' pages that today Heather posted on her FB status that she & Drew believe someone who knew the girls is the one who took them and they are praying really hard that TODAY will be the day that the girls are returned to them. I'm sure they always pray that everyday. But, it doesn't hurt for us to send prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes out to them today.

I really do hope they are right. When you bolded TODAY...did you mean today as in we hope today is the day...or do you mean today August 18? Anything is possible and everything else could be coinkydink and weird timing. Sending good vibes.

Maybe they are with someone they know and trust and are on an extended trip to Disney World or something like that. MOO

I've always wondered what the Collins' theory was, HC posted it herself, so I believe that it is true...hoping she is correct and they come home today!

In terms of changing stories from two of the "tip" people, it seems to me that both have modified their statements. The lawn watering guy first said he saw that girls between 12-1 and then changed it to 12-3. His wife helped him modify the time even though she was not home at the time. With the cycling guy, we've heard that he used the washroom at the parking lot and at the gas station.

Which person are we supposed to assume is not telling the truth?

Or which news source is reporting inaccurate news?

I know someone in the business, quoted me as making statements and reported me as being where I wasn't one time! Thankfully it was just human interest story and nothing important, but still makes my blood boil, just because this person was LAZY.:banghead:

I now think of this person as a liar, and don't really believe anything they say, no matter how devout they profess to be, and no, no apology or explaining was ever given, just a little "hem hawing" under their breath....Now I just smile and say, oooohhh, mmmm, emptying it out of the other ear on my way out the door.
Sorry jumping down now....

Or which news source is reporting inaccurate news?

I know someone in the business, quoted me as making statements and reported me as being where I wasn't one time! Thankfully it was just human interest story and nothing important, but still makes my blood boil, just because this person was LAZY.:banghead:

I now think of this person as a liar, and don't really believe anything they say, no matter how devout they profess to be, and no, no apology or explaining was ever given, just a little "hem hawing" under their breath....Now I just smile and say, oooohhh, mmmm, emptying it out of the other ear on my way out the door.
Sorry jumping down now....

I'm wondering because of the posts upthread suggesting that by eliminating one of the tips, everything falls into place. I don't see anything falling into place regardless of eliminating the tips.

Lake Avenue seems like a detour from the Collins home to the trail whether the children rode from Lafayette to the Evansdale Nature Trail or cut through the streets. Furthermore, a local has posted that it rained most of the night and into the morning on Friday, July 13, so why would anyone be watering the lawn that afternoon?

The cyclist's tip has problems in the timeline, but if we move the times around by a few minutes on either end, then it's conceivable that he saw the children's bikes ... but it's a very tight timeline.

If we eliminate both tips, all we have left is the girls riding their bikes near the house at 12:19 and the bikes being discovered at 3:40 or 3:58. Nothing falls into place ... still a mystery.

Does anyone happen to know the length of the girls' hair when they went missing? It seems like Elizabeth's was pretty short and that her pic's current. I've seen her with longer hair but it seems to be in older photos. Lyric's hair looks around shoulder length in the missing poster pic since she was able to pull it back, and it's pretty long in the People magazine one, but quite short in the one someone posted earlier from the FBI page. They both look older to me with the shorter hair. Going back to my post a little bit ago it may not even matter, but it would be helpful when they're talking to potential witnesses or people who might run across the girls somewhere.

bbm
nikb, I have just come from looking at the missing poster on Facebook that shows two headshots of each girl.

The ?prose para beneath the photos and specs, addresses LC's hair, but doesn't mention EC: "Lyric has chin-length hair and tanned skin. Lyric has a mole on the back of her neck the size of a dime."

I really do hope they are right. When you bolded TODAY...did you mean today as in we hope today is the day...or do you mean today August 18? Anything is possible and everything else could be coinkydink and weird timing. Sending good vibes.

I think they meant that they are praying that today, 8/18, will be the day that whoever has the girls will bring them home and they think that person is someone who knew the girls. I have no idea if they have a specific person in mind or not. I was glad to get a glimpse of what the two of them are thinking about a possible perp.

I think they meant that they are praying that today, 8/18, will be the day that whoever has the girls will bring them home and they think that person is someone who knew the girls. I have no idea if they have a specific person in mind or not. I was glad to get a glimpse of what the two of them are thinking about a possible perp.

It suggests to me that they believe that it is someone local and that it could be someone that got to know (casually saying hello) one or both of the girls at some point prior to the abduction.

It suggests to me that they believe that it is someone local and that it could be someone that got to know (casually saying hello) one or both of the girls at some point prior to the abduction.[/QUOTE

Yes. Someone who "knew the girls" rather than someone they know who knows the girls ...interesting wording. Suggests a stranger or someone who befriended them.

I really don't wanna be a Debbie Downer, but I have a hinky feeling this case will go cold. :(

I know the majority of times child abductions/crimes are committed by family members, but with this case I just don't get that vibe (even with Lyrics parents past Meth use, convictions etc).

Poor babies :(

Yes, poor babies indeed... I'm still playing catch-up on this case. Your post raised another question which I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know the answer: Q - bbm - Was/is there an Amber Alert out on these little girls?

Maybe there are some behind the scenes negotiations that are going on...

Yes. Someone who "knew the girls" rather than someone they know who knows the girls ...interesting wording. Suggests a stranger or someone who befriended them.

I think that the family has come to the same conclusions as many here ... that in order to use Maiden Lane, the abductor had to be famliar with the area. Didn't one of the parents mention really early on that one of the girls had asked about going to Meyers Lake and the parent said absolutely not? Maybe the seed was planted already. Maybe someone in the parking lot near Lottie's Lounge asked the girls why they weren't biking at the lake instead of in a parking lot. Someone may have suggested that the girls meet him at the park for a boat ride and then led them away.

Yes, poor babies indeed... I'm still playing catch-up on this case. Your post raised another question which I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know the answer: Q - bbm - Was/is there an Amber Alert out on these little girls?

The first requirement for issuing an Amber Alert is a confirmation that there has been an abduction. In this case, there was uncertainty about whether the children had been abducted for a week following the disappearance.

I could be wrong but I don't think there was as it didn't meet the criteria. No vehicle info, and it appears the LEs first focus was on the lake.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304