IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Gma tries to minimize the effect of drugs on her family (drug busts, overdoses, etc.). Maybe she truly doesn't believe that her family's problems have any bearing on the disappearance of Lyric and Elizabeth. She may be trying to keep the focus on the missing girls and not the family, IMO. But she does come across as defensive sometimes, which I think is indicative of the pressure she is feeling right now.

I'm inclined to also think that Elizabeth was the target. It must be a tremendous burden knowing that this happened on her watch. It could have happened at any time, but it was while she was watching the children that they were kidnapped. I simply can't imagine how that must tear her apart.

Time line???

12:15 riding away from Collin's residence

12:23 seen on Brovan Blvd

between 12:30-1:00 on Gilbert Drive near Meyrs Lake

2 pm -- bikes found at lake (per DCi press release)

So jumping off this (and thanks to those who caught me up) - I am assuming the 12:15 and 12:23 sightings are Grandma and the cctv (what happened to 12:11 and + 8 minutes to 12:19?). I believe the between 12:30 and 1:00 sighting was from Mr. C as the girls were possibly heading west on Gilbert to the street where the main entrance to the park/lake is (Elmer). Maybe then the "random stranger" Aunt Tammy talked to saw the girls bikes around 2:00 (according to said DCI press release) rather than the 2:30 time Tammy originally reported. However, I do believe she said he saw "two little girls on[b/] bikes" not "two little girls' bikes".

The other odd thing is if TG saw two "other" bikes not belonging to the girls, they either belonged to the perps (used as a lure or something) or... I don't know. It doesn't add up! What are the odds of seeing two other random abandoned bikes?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

This is just my opinion, but I think GMA and family have been around the internet and have read a lot of carp about themselves and how people are accusing them, their associates etc... And even when they aren't being accused outright, they are being called names and otherwise trashed. I don't think they deserve any June Cleaver awards, but reading the stuff that is out there on the net has to be demoralizing and cruel. I think GMA is responding to what she feels is the public sentiment, and I feel for her. (and the rest of the family).

Thanks. I didn't realize that this was happening. I hope people step back, take a deep breath, and stop blaming the victims.

I'd love to know why the time the bikes were found changed from 3:58 to 2 PM????? It just doesn't make any sense. IMHO

With many of us on here tonight, does anyone know what would cause the cctv timer to run slow? TIA

Possibilities in no particular order:

A) Was set wrong to begin with

B) Accumulated power outages

C) Electronic clocks that are not periodically synched with an outside source can run a few fractions of a second slow or fast

"chunking" something is slang for "chucking something"..to throw..to throw away. I think it is regional to some degree. MOO

I'd love to know why the time the bikes were found changed from 3:58 to 2 PM????? It just doesn't make any sense. IMHO

I would too. I guess I need to go read that DCI press release because Abben said 3:58 and the scanner confirmed that within at least a minute or too. The only thing I can think of is a witness saw the bikes at 2.

I would too. I guess I need to go read that DCI press release because Abben said 3:58 and the scanner confirmed that within at least a minute or too. The only thing I can think of is a witness saw the bikes at 2.

http://www.iowa.gov/odcp/docs/missingIowa

On Friday, July 13, 2012, Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook went for a bike ride in their hometown of Evansdale, Iowa, a small town that borders the eastern side of Waterloo, Iowa. The girls were seen riding their bikes at 12:30 p.m. that day. At approximately 2:00 p.m., their bikes were found near a gate on the trail that goe
girls.pdf

You 'n me both, sistah. I could never say exactly why, but the TG sighting always seemed extraneous to me and unrelated to L and E.

However, I also said that the C's account seemed vague and had too wide of a window to be of any real importance in the timeline, so what do I know? Lol

To be fair, LE hasn't confirmed that the latest information is based on the C's account. It could be that they have another witness who has talked to LE but not the media.

I'm wondering if maybe they have enough witness sightings of the girls to fill in between Brovan Boulevard down to close to the lake and now they are hoping to fill in the last holes.

If I'm correct, it's possible that they have narrowed the search to just a few vehicles and the information from that last hole would let them focus on just one.

Not sure who's as 'old' as me....but having bought a bike after umpty-umpth years of not riding.....there really aren't "boy's" and "girl's" bikes anymore...except if you consider 'pink' and 'blue' significant ....:)

Wow, I really didn't know that. It's been many years since I've even glanced at a bike.

To be fair, LE hasn't confirmed that the latest information is based on the C's account. It could be that they have another witness who has talked to LE but not the media.

I'm wondering if maybe they have enough witness sightings of the girls to fill in between Brovan Boulevard down to close to the lake and now they are hoping to fill in the last holes.

If I'm correct, it's possible that they have narrowed the search to just a few vehicles and the information from that last hole would let them focus on just one.

My thoughts are similar to yours. By being so specific in times and locations, it does seem LE is narrowing the search. Asking people in that specific area for information is probably to corroborate info they already have, as well as to elicit new info.

It's nice to have a few more pieces of the puzzle.

"chunking" something is slang for "chucking something"..to throw..to throw away. I think it is regional to some degree. MOO

Yes....having worked and lived in several states...have to say I've probably used that word...'chunked'...as in meaning 'put there', 'placed there', 'dumped there'....so...yeah.....

I really think this case is winding down and it will be soon when LE has their prime suspect.

I don't understand. I thought the earlier 8 minute context was in relation to something Mr Pahl, the Cornbelt Auction manager, said about not being able to ride from the shop to the lake in 8 minutes. How does that relate to the article?

http://www.kcci.com/news/central-io...57080/16587274/-/item/0/-/bl9d17/-/index.html

I think Mr. Pahl also made a statement that his video camera was 8 minutes slow, which is why some felt the 12:11 time on the video may actually have been 12:19.

I don't believe the 8 minute time difference was ever reported by LE or FBI, but it was in reported in MSM. I'll find the link and add it to this post.

ETA: Here we go - http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_c7394e3c-d6a6-11e1-a4f3-0019bb2963f4.html

"Pahl is the manager of Cornbelt Auctions, 3520 Lafayette Road, where a 24-hour camera captured the footage from its position behind the building. The time and date stamp — 12:11 p.m. July 13 — fits the police timeline of the case.

However, Pahl said the camera’s clock is eight minutes slower than his U.S. Cellular phone."

We are really supposed to believe that TG saw a different set of bikes that day?

I'd totally forgotten about the scanner. Thanks.

Yes....having worked and lived in several states...have to say I've probably used that word...'chunked'...as in meaning 'put there', 'placed there', 'dumped there'....so...yeah.....

Where did this chunked, chucked thing come from if I may ask?

First, maybe because it was a transcript, "chucking" translate to "chunking"? Kind of up there with relying too heavily on Word's spell checker <lol>
I wonder, however, if WC meant another entrance to the Evansdale Nature Trail that is a bit further west of Elmer Ave? If you follow Gilbert west and pass Elmer Ave until almost to Jonas Rd (opposite, north side of Gilbert), there is a section marked on the map "Evansdale Nature Trail" that goes south and intersects with the trail proper. It passes an (empty) warehouse building that had caught my eye some time ago. Also, from Elmer, there really doesn't look to be that many houses/buildings where people might have seen them. IOW, not Exchange Park/boat dock, but a bit farther west. It does still match up to LE's areas of late.

to chuck/chucked/chucking is to throw carelessly, toss, etc. btw

That's true re: the transcripts. I've been surprised how off some of them are especially the recent ones. It makes sense if they're rushing to get it posted though - and I appreciate them rushing.

It sounds like so far anyway we all have similar thoughts on what chunked/chucked means - carelessly left, possibly thrown, etc. I was originally thinking G'ma might have had someone in mind and know this is what that person "might" do, just because she was so specific. This isn't anything against G'ma or anyone else. IMO I'm almost positive if she had any inkling who might be involved that LE knows about it.

I'm thinking now it was more likely just a thought that came to her mind while she was stressed, anxious, and desperately trying to think of any possibility. If there were van abduction attempts prior to that, it might've been on her mind even subconsciously and it led her to think of that possibility. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken