IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly have no idea Cinder.. I hope so!

I think though they will keep it quiet.. re: not name persons of interest. I think it will go straight to breaking news if and when that does happen.. that is just my opinion.

I do think that they are putting out the verified times because they need more people to come forward in that area/those areas. It would seem that they have narrowed down the "areas of interest" if you will.:moo:

I truly hope that the release of this information leads to movement in the investigation/more leads and tips generated.

question for locals: is gilbert a road that people would travel to and from the highway?? Just wondering

River Rd is one exit from the interstate, however due to the heavy construction that was going on all summer on that part of the interstate the River Rd exit was non accessable for quite a long time. Gilbert Rd is a main and fairly heavily used road.

after looking at the map again... I am wondering.. has hanson lake been searched?

I would like a local's opinion of this, from the map it appears quite remote, another scary thought of the perp easily taking them there and who knows what??

Some boat marinas have storage units for boats, which I imagine might be put away soon.
I don't know how long any scent may last if dogs do a search. Also not totally given up idea of remote controlled boats.
http://www.dexknows.com/local/sports_and_recreation/boating/geo/c-cedar_rapids-ia/

more likely if a boat (paddle, row, or canoe) was involved, it would have come from one of the lake houses or had been trailered in. That is not saying the public can't use the lake, but it is a low wake, small lake. the types of boats housed in marinas would be too big for this lake.

I'm thinking that a camera at the firehouse may have caught the vehicle heading down Arbutus and later heading out, i.e., "arriving" "departing" the "area". MOO

ETA: They may have the girls biking with a vehicle entering Arbutus going toward the lake following them and only the vehicle exiting. MOO

I would like a local's opinion of this, from the map it appears quite remote, another scary thought of the perp easily taking them there and who knows what??

LE has not been specific in what areas have/have not been searched (other than the draining and searching of Meyers Lake). however a friend of mine's family does own a small lake in Edale (I am not sure if it is Hansen Lake or not, it is my understanding that their lake is on the other side of the hiway from Meyers Lake so it may be) but he told me that during the weekend search after the girls first disappeared he joined in the search and volunteered for his family's property to be searched. I believe the grounds and out buildings were gone through but not the actual water. I have not heard of any actual water being searched except Meyers Lake.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19540976/marking-two-months-since-elizabeth-lyric-disappeared

......Investigators believe someone snatched the cousins while they were riding their bikes near Meyers Lake on July 13th.
Chief Deputy Richard Abben said they're getting tips every day, although not as many as they received the first few weeks. They have confirmed additional people saw Lyric and Elizabeth the day of their disappearance.
Thursday, they issued a plea for anyone who was in the Arbutus Avenue, Gilbert Drive, and Elmer Avenue areas on July 13th, and who may have seen the girls, to call police. Several witnesses reported seeing the cousins in this area between 12:30 and 1:00 that afternoon.

I think this is so important!

MOO. . .

It sounds like after the girls were caught on tape on Brovan, they rode towards the lake, whichever way, ending up on Gilbert. It sounds to me like they were traveling west towards Elmer and the lake. The fact that LE is saying between 12:30 and 1 makes me believe that they have a witness that saw the girls as late as 1 or close to that. I do wonder if the girls had to use the bathroom. Those darn creepy public restrooms! I'm thinking two possibilities. The girls were taken somewhere near the parking lot/entrance to the lake and the bikes were dumped on the back side. . .OR the girls did get on the trail for whatever reason and rode to the SE corner and were taken there where the bikes were found. With what we know about the dogs I'm leaning towards the latter. Whatever did happen, seems to have happened sometime between 1 and 2. Which explains why they were looking at tape from Casey's as late as 2.

So to me, the question is whether they were approached earlier and lured there, or if they just happened to go there. . .maybe to go through the fence and throw rocks in the water, etc and were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and taken. We are definitely back to the perp being on Maiden Ln and the girls being taken that way.

I am with the rest of you as far as thinking once they were taken that the perp traveled south out of the area making it more likely not to be seen.

Ugh! :(

Thanks nurse.

I still question the statement that the bikes were found at 2 pm. For several reasons, including Abben saying they were found at 3:58 and peeps who were listening to the scanner report the same time.

I think that one or more witnesses have come forward to push the time up.

From Ollipop's descriptions of using the nature trail before the girls disappeared, it sounded to me like 8-10 people an hour on average used the trail, at least in the evenings which is when Ollipop and his children were using it. It may not have been quite as busy in the middle of the day but I'd be very surprised if no one had used the trail between 12:20 (approximately when TG was there) and 4 pm.

In other words, way back in the beginning, LE knew the bicycles had been found at approximately 4 pm. Since then, however, the investigation has yielded more information about the bicycles.

I think that one or more witnesses have come forward to push the time up.

From Ollipop's descriptions of using the nature trail before the girls disappeared, it sounded to me like 8-10 people an hour on average used the trail, at least in the evenings which is when Ollipop and his children were using it. It may not have been quite as busy in the middle of the day but I'd be very surprised if no one had used the trail between 12:20 (approximately when TG was there) and 4 pm.

In other words, way back in the beginning, LE knew the bicycles had been found at approximately 4 pm. Since then, however, the investigation has yielded more information about the bicycles.

I agree and I do think it is the runner that both the FBI and TB have mentioned that was able to confirm that the girls bikes were there at 2. They weren't "found" by the firefighter until the 3:48 (?) time.

The part that stumps me is:

Elizabeth and Lyric seem to be VERY good kids and followed their Parents guideline as to staying close to the house and checking in every hour or so.

Therefore, Why would they be going to the lake at 12:23 without checking in, and knowing they were not to go that far and knew they need to be home soon so Grandmother and Lyric could leave.

:waitasec:

Also.... Hanson Lake and River Road, Cedar Valley Nature Trail and the Cedar River there have bugged me from day one, don't know why they just have!

I sure hope they have searched the really, really well...

Elizabeth and Lyric seem to be VERY good kids and followed their Parents guideline as to staying close to the house and checking in every hour or so.

Therefore, Why would they be going to the lake at 12:23 without checking in, and knowing they were not to go that far and knew they need to be home soon so Grandmother and Lyric could leave.

Good question. Per Aunt Tammy, Elizabeth had been to the lake before with the neighbor girls--apparently without her parents knowing. Kids being kids??

but just a few days prior to the disappearance there was an incidence where Lyric and another cousin were missing for a long enough time that LE was called...maybe only Elizabeth was good about checking in often. Not blaming the victims, just saying that influences, good and/or not so good go both ways....

I agree and I do think it is the runner that both the FBI and TB have mentioned that was able to confirm that the girls bikes were there at 2. They weren't "found" by the firefighter until the 3:48 (?) time.

That makes sense--as much as anything in this case does. So the bikes were 'seen' by the runner at about 2 pm in the same place as the firefighter 'found' them later?

I still go with the Little Red Riding Hood thought...someone who could usurp GMA's authority...or someone who could replace GMA's authority...or someone who could masquerade as GMA, i.e., GMA said it's okay to come with me. Something like that.

Good question. Per Aunt Tammy, Elizabeth had been to the lake before with the neighbor girls--apparently without her parents knowing. Kids being kids??

this is JMOO...I have seen in the media Aunt Tammy with MCM & WC. I have seen WC with MCM and Tammy. I have seen MCM with WC, Aunt Tammy, and DM. I don't believe I have seen Heather or Dan with any family members other than each other. Not saying it hasn't happened, I just have not seen it. Again, JMOO and I wonder if Aunt Tammy has been privvy to anything that EC has done or not done in the past. It just seems to me there is a rift in the family that was present before the disappearance....again this is totally MOO and forgive me if I have stepped out of bounds.:please:

Maybe someone they knew told them that they had asked and Grandma said it was ok for them to go somewhere with that particular person/persons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson