IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by nikkiw319, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxbluff

foxbluff Well-Known Member

Ty, Otto. I read it that way too but when I noticed the little colored icon in upper corner of p.3, I thought the newspaper had added a map that my PC wouldn't open. lol

2. TxLady2

TxLady2 Well-Known Member

I tried to snip part of this for brevity but my computer wouldn't let me, so...
    Please explain the part I bolded.
    If the motive was money, then how did that benefit anyone?? How did this person profit by kidnapping and murdering two little girls?? Are you saying you think this was a murder for hire??

3. peeples

peeples New Member

I believe they spoke at the vigil, but haven't seen any interviews or planned statements from the family lately.

4. foxbluff

foxbluff Well-Known Member

Ty, watcher. I did scroll down to p.3, but no map opened...perhaps I wasn't holding my mouth just right... :)

5. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

It must be very difficult coping with the trauma of what they are going through. I am sure they do want to keep talking but unfortunately they have nothing new to say as there are no developments. In addition the media won't report any news if there isn't any. I don't know what can be done to prevent the girls from being forgotten. I know the families, locals and us on here won't forget them.

6. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa Well-Known Member

Me, too, although maybe for reasons different than yours.

I think the kidnapper(s) quickly took the girls as far away as possible, but he/she/they would need to be back in town at some point that day. JMO. I think he/she/they would be noticed if they were not involved in the search for the girls. I do not necessarily mean a family member - it could be a family friend, fellow church member, neighbor, or other person who would be expected to be there for the family. JMO

7. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

I think so too cinder.

IMOO the girls passed the person in town or the park practically every day.

The perp IMOO was known to the girls and he/she likely knew their names.

IMOO the perp said something as simple as,
    Hi girls, it's hot today hu? Come on over to my truck (van whatever). I have some icey cold drinks in there.

(This has been speculated here before.)

I think it was easy and quiet.

8. nikb

nikb Active Member

Thanks for sharing your theory. I'm still trying to narrow it down in my mind. I just wanted to add - BBM - I strongly think it's "him, her, or them" IMO. I could be wrong of course. The only thing I don't understand with your theory is motive - why abduct (and possibly kill) these two little girls? I know you may not be able to reply since you're limited in what you can say.

9. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Otto, Do you think if this indeed happened that the person prearranged the meeting?
    Do you think this is the person that LE thinks was in the lake that day?
    What happened after the boat ride if this is right?
    Kidnapping? Going across state lines?
    Only my thoughts and ?s/

10. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

your MOUTH? :what::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

11. SapphireSteel

SapphireSteel New Member

:waitasec:

^^^Here's what you said I said, and here's what I actually said (snb):

Originally Posted by SapphireSteel

The submerged vehicle thing is entirely a guess based on next to nothing except the general pattern and planning of this crime.

My thought processes are -

In my humble opinion.

Again, all opinion.

I've called them opinion. They are in no way intended to replace facts and I apologise if I somehow misled you. I could well be entirely wrong and change my mind completely tomorrow.

:blush:

The source is between my ears ONLY.

:seeya:

:hills:

12. Sere-nity

Sere-nity New Member

I think the vehicle has been involved in a traffic accident. An innocent looking way to get rid of a vehicle without suspicion.

ALL IMO only

13. nikb

nikb Active Member

OT but as someone who had to use a wheelchair for most of my childhood (age 10 through about 17) and another year or so in my late 20s, stories like this make me so sick and sad. IMO it's often the reason you get able-bodied people ticked off when people using wheelchairs are brought to the "front" of a line - ignoring the fact that they're (for example) going up flights of stairs to get to "wherever" while the person using the wheelchair can't. Of course, there are people who take advantage of this to "get to the front of the line" (or as a way to pick up on someone in a club for that matter). It ends up hurting anyone who really does need the help.

You would not believe the number of people who thought I was "faking it." I got to where I'd just shake my head instead of bursting out crying and saying "you really think I chose this?!?"

Sorry... rant over and dotr I hope you know that wasn't a rant directed at you (the faker...well.. I won't go there, way too OT.).

Back on topic - I do think it's possible that some sicko decided to fake an injury, illness, wheelchair usage, etc. to get the girls' attention. I think there are lots of ways, but this one might work pretty well. They help him or her load a wheelchair into a van... the person asks them to get in and help with the seatbelt, or strapping in a wheelchair, or something like that. And then.... ?

14. nikb

nikb Active Member

Sorry, I'm a little behind and of course I'm not the original poster, but I just wanted to say I don't think we know that the girls have been killed. Only abducted. (unless I"m so far behind new news came out today)

15. otto

otto Verified Expert

Since there appears to be some planning and organization in the kidnapping, I suspect that they will not be easy to locate. I suspect that they were taken to a pre-selected secluded location.

16. otto

otto Verified Expert

There is a map there. It has a yellow line all along Gilbert and another one all along Arbutus. There`s nothing at Elmer.

17. nikb

nikb Active Member

Sorry to quote myself - wanted to add a quick note.

I realized my post came across that someone with some sort of actual physical impairment couldn't be responsible for an abduction, and I don't believe that. I think it'd be pretty rare and I also don't think it's what happened here, but certainly a person legitimately in a wheelchair or whatever could abduct kids similar to what I (and others) have described a faker doing above.

18. otto

otto Verified Expert

These families do not appear to be so wealthy that someone would kidnap their children to extort money, so it`s obvious to me that this kidnapping had nothing to do with money.

Furthermore, there has been no demand from kidnappers for money.

19. otto

otto Verified Expert

Why would a kidnapper need to back in Evansdale later in the day. It seems to me that the person that did this is familiar with the area, but there`s no reason to assume that this person lives in Evansdale. I see no reason to assume that the person that did this has any connection to the family. More than 1000 people searched on the two weekends after the kidnapping ... one more or less person wouldn`t exactly be noticed.

20. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa Well-Known Member

The fake injury worked well for Ted Bundy, unfortunately, so I don't see why a wheelchair wouldn't work equally well.

Of course, to my knowledge, Bundy never abducted two girls at one time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.