IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is that the kidnapper was known to the family, but not a friend, i.e. the way you would know your local bank teller. I don't think the abduction has anything to do with any of the family members' past or present situations.

I do think that this person is a male, acting alone and not creepy in any way, in fact, quite the opposite, in that everyone would think he would be the last person on earth to do such a thing.

The kidnapper and the girls became acquainted while the girls were riding in the neighbourhood and I think the abduction occurred in one of the parking lots and that the girls were locked in a room and the bikes staged immediately.

I do not think the girls were ever at the lake and I know nothing at all about dogs, but I think they may have made a mistake.

Not to sound like anyone from the past, but I think the girls are close and alive! and with WS TOS, I cannot say any more.

Just in MOO.

Have any other locals come out and stated they also had seen the girls riding around the neighborhoods, like the watering-his- yard gentleman & his wife claimed?
It could be beneficial to know if and where they may have ridden around. Like was it a pattern that someone would have noticed, or just willy-nilly?
I find myself wondering, beyond neighbors, who around there might have noticed this bike riding going on. And too remembering that Lyric had lived with Elizabeth's family in recent past...and what if someone from the past came back around and decided to make a move.

So... by having this theory (myself included), it has to be purely coincidental that the abduction occured the day after Dan's court appearance and the family background has nothing to do with the abduction.

Some of us cynical souls just don't believe in coincidence.

:truce:

The examples I chose were from my own memory of cases, backed up with a little googling. By necessity they're on the old side because a lot of my true crime reading is through books rather than msm reporting on current cases.

If the perp had a weapon, abducting two girls together would not be more difficult than abducting one in the same spot. If by chance one of the girls did resist, we've seen a bunch of examples in these threads of what happens: the perp drives away. And is rarely caught.

All it takes is being on the lookout for a pair of potential victims in a place unlikely to have cctv coverage.

Excellent point.

Soon, there will be virtually nowhere without it.

I am even of the opinion that it is currently so common that LE have an excellent idea of what vehicles were on the road in and around Evansdale that day, what cyclists, what pedestrians.

With the sheer hard slog of tracing all recorded cctv, matching it with receipts from shops and credit card records and witness statements, they will have built up a pretty good picture of who was around town doing what.

I suspect there is a vehicle (a white van) that they are trying to locate, which was caught on cctv in at least one place yet did not make any stops anywhere that they can identify.

This could be what they are referring to when they announced to the locals "do not discount ANYONE...including someone you know that had reason to be there". They have a vehicle that came from a larger town nearby on cctv, is not accounted for while in Evansdale, and left shortly after...probably, disappeared completely.

As usual, my opinion only.

:cow:

I think a pervert took them.

12:23 cctv camera Brogan going West
12:30 to 1:00 sighted on Gilbert
2:00 bikes found
3:48 LE officially confirms bikes found

I think they biked West on Brogan, South on River Forest to Gilbert, left on Gilbert
I think they went to the parking lot about 12:30ish and met someone there who got them to bike over to the bike trail between 12:30 and 1:00 via Gilbert (where they were sighted by several people, including Mr. C)
Then they biked down Lake to Arbutus to the spot where they were met by the person they met at the parking lot (who followed them in a vehicle, which the fire house camera may have picked up arriving and departing).
They were lured a bit into the woods, the bikes were dropped in the trail, the purse was placed on the lake side..they were led a short ways through the cover of the woods to the parked vehicle..perhaps at gunpoint. I believe the abductor may own a gun. I believe they were driven up to Gilbert and driven East and then South.

I have more than one person in mind that could do this. Gilbertville makes me hinky (not what you may think)

MOO

My theory is that the kidnapper was known to the family, but not a friend, i.e. the way you would know your local bank teller. I don't think the abduction has anything to do with any of the family members' past or present situations.

I do think that this person is a male, acting alone and not creepy in any way, in fact, quite the opposite, in that everyone would think he would be the last person on earth to do such a thing.

The kidnapper and the girls became acquainted while the girls were riding in the neighbourhood and I think the abduction occurred in one of the parking lots and that the girls were locked in a room and the bikes staged immediately.

I do not think the girls were ever at the lake and I know nothing at all about dogs, but I think they may have made a mistake.

Not to sound like anyone from the past, but I think the girls are close and alive! and with WS TOS, I cannot say any more.

Just in MOO.

But I do not know who WS and TOS are?
Can you at least give me that?

It is NOT my theory that anyone in the FAMILY did this! Perhaps their "associates" and/or "connections" higher up in the the drug business did to ensure that their business continued to exist and they didn't go to prison. These people could have even paid someone a lot of money to execute "the perfect storm".

IMOO...It was well-planned with perfect timing!

Again...I am NOT accusing family!

You made a valid and likely theory.
I didn't think you were talking about the family. :)

If Lyric was the target, why wasn`t she kidnapped near her home in Waterloo without the complication of taking Elizabeth ... and why Lyric rather than other siblings. It`s impossible. I don`t believe it for a minute and furthermore, there is not one single piece of evidence to support any wild theory that these two cousins were kidnapped for any reason whatsoever. The fact that they were kidnapped and have completely vanished without any demands for anything suggests to me that the perp is a pedophile and that they will never be seen again.

That very well may be Otto because we....no one....knows what happened to the girls. But I'm not being blind to any theory either....because NO THEORY WOULD MAKE SENSE. :maddening
2 little girls out riding their bikes while visiting gma shouldn't be kidnapped WITHOUT A TRACE. Kidnapped so well that they're still missing 8 weeks later!
No clues, no physical evidence that's been released, no ransome. :banghead:
:moo:

When I first heard that someone who knew the girls ratted people out, I felt the disappearance and that fact were not coincidences. IMO

True, but she did witness the attack by her father on her mother.... that had to be quite traumatic.

Oh wow yeah I had forgotten that. I knew it happened but forgot Lyric saw it. Yes, I'm sure that was very traumatic.

I would have considered it possible that Lyric was kidnapped to shut DM up except for the fact that DM decided to turn down the plea bargain the day before Lyric disappeared. Anyone who was unhappy about Dan testifying against them could breathe easy because he had already decided not to do so. Kidnapping his child would only inspire him to cooperate with LE and reveal everything he knows.

I think you're right about the girls being murdered by a pedophile. I just got done posting several examples of double abduction/murders by strangers, so it's not unheard of.

[bolded by me] Agree on the logic...but that would have to assume 'everyone' was in fairly constant communication...as opposed to just being aware of the trial/plea date....?

Anyhow....sheesh.....wish something would break...

Oh my....2 middle school girls at the same time, blue van.

That does not sound like a very effective strategy, thank goodness.

But to just drive up to middle school girls and tell them to 'get in the van'....hopefully they will continue to deny him.

That does not sound like a very effective strategy, thank goodness.

But to just drive up to middle school girls and tell them to 'get in the van'....hopefully they will continue to deny him.

Yes, Katy you re right. It's awfully ballsy to attempt such a thing.

He sounds like a sad old guy looking for a "date".

:dunno:
wellll, lol,
I hope a lonely old guy would date females older than middle school age.

And really who tries to get dates by driving near women and yelling get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle