IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any types of dams for example between E'Dale and Gilbertville on that river? I was watching a show the other day, and they were talking about a "perfect crime" scenario where some victims were dumped at the dam (it wasn't even a big dam..maybe 6 feet high) and they said the victims just spin around like in a dryer. They said it is very difficult to search via diver and very dangerous. It virtually destroys evidence due to the churning. Sorry for the graphic description... MOO

I am not sure where the dams are located past Waterloo...there is one on the Cedar River in Cedar Falls and also one in Waterloo i know for sure. the dams are VERY dangerous and you are absolutely right, the current sucks you down and keeps churning you around under the water. the dams are opened and closed and controlled by the Army Corps of Engineers to maintain the river levels. I also remember when I was younger a boat went over the dam in Cedar Falls. My brother who was in middle school helped pull one of the fishermen out of the river....

Sounds like they are confirming Mr. C? Also, the following just still confuses me..what are they saying?

"Officials said last week they believe a vehicle was used in the girls’ abduction and that the vehicle was most likely captured on surveillance camera. However, they need more information from the public about what they should be looking for."

I think they are getting really close. MOO

Just a thought. I haven't read any posts since yesterday afternoon so I don't know if this thought has already been mentioned. Suppose LE has video from all 3 of the streets mentioned yesterday and the same vehicle was taped on all 3 streets.

Y'all don't get exasperated with me for saying this YET AGAIN..... But I cannot shake the strong feeling that those girls were snatched off the street and likely just after the video camera caught their images.

I know, I know; the dogs. :(

I have zero explanation for that, but I just don't think the girls were taken from the lake.

My gut is saying they were taken very close to the camera shots, and that LE has footage also of the perp/perp's vehicle. Perhaps coming and going.

The bikes were "chunked" shortly after, either by the perp or an accomplice.

MOO

Don't feel rained on, FrayedKnot...I came to WS after seeing article in People Mag because my first instinct was the bikes were staged/dumped...wanted to see if you guys were discussing that angle.

It's hard to let first impressions go. Also, I've strongly suspected that Abben has believed right along that bikes were staged.

On July 17th (the day after the 2 FBI bloodhounds had searched lake area where bikes we found), it was reported that authorities did all they could w/the dogs and that the dogs would not be used again unless there's a new development. It was further reported that day that LE said they don't know whether the girls were at the lake.

Then, on that same day after bloodhounds had searched, Abben was quoted as saying "We have their bicycles, we have the purse, and that doesn't tell me that they've been there, just that those items are there." (bb fox)

I believe that any scent of the girls that the dogs found was from their bikes and the perps...

Yep...hard to let go of first gut instinct. :)

Sounds like they are confirming Mr. C? Also, the following just still confuses me..what are they saying?

"Officials said last week they believe a vehicle was used in the girls’ abduction and that the vehicle was most likely captured on surveillance camera. However, they need more information from the public about what they should be looking for."

I think they are getting really close. MOO

B and U RBM

I never got why they have to state that the Girls left by Vehicle

What else could have been used,

Airplane / Helicopter,

I am sure they wouldn't think boat because Myers lake has on way to leave on just boat...

:waitasec:

And considering they are little girls they could fit in anything....

But maybe a smart car...?

After looking at the map, I wonder why Elmer Avenue is of interest? It doesn't abut any of the other streets LE mentioned.

I wonder if someone might have been seen parked at the end of Elmer near the lake, and LE wants additional witnesses?

Otherwise, why would the girls have ridden their bikes on Elmer? Maybe they had arranged to meet someone there?:waitasec:

B and U RBM

Airplane / Helicopter,

I am sure they wouldn't think boat because Myers lake has on way to leave on just boat...

The girls could still be very close to where they were last seen??? Doesn't sound like LE thinks so, but anything is possible.

Don't feel rained on, FrayedKnot...I came to WS after seeing article in People Mag because my first instinct was the bikes were staged/dumped...wanted to see if you guys were discussing that angle.

It's hard to let first impressions go. Also, I've strongly suspected that Abben has believed right along that bikes were staged.

On July 17th (the day after the 2 FBI bloodhounds had searched lake area where bikes we found), it was reported that authorities did all they could w/the dogs and that the dogs would not be used again unless there's a new development. It was further reported that day that LE said they don't know whether the girls were at the lake.

Then, on that same day after bloodhounds had searched, Abben was quoted as saying "We have their bicycles, we have the purse, and that doesn't tell me that they've been there, just that those items are there." (bb fox)

I believe that any scent of the girls that the dogs found was from their bikes and the perps...

Yep...hard to let go of first gut instinct. :)
I agree with this.

(for several reasons)

1) LE has *never* spoken about the dogs.... only the family has spoken (and LE never gives all the details to anyone.. even family members)

2) all the articles that were published this early am say "new times put girls closer to the lake" etc, etc...

I have to admit, I didn't think the bikes were dumped... but who knows.. maybe they were.... with the timeline now much bigger... (to the public it is bigger lol but most likely we can all rest assured that LE has most likely had this for a while) I can actually say yeah.. that could have happened/is a possibility..

((and I also am very glad that we can now be done with discussion of the *alleged* bike rider witness))

After looking at the map, I wonder why Elmer Avenue is of interest? It doesn't abut any of the other streets LE mentioned.

I wonder if someone might have been seen parked at the end of Elmer near the lake, and LE wants additional witnesses?

Otherwise, why would the girls have ridden their bikes on Elmer? Maybe they had arranged to meet someone there?:waitasec:

maybe they cut back and forth while riding... we don't really know the route they took?

with such an impromptu "quick ride" and grandma expecting them back right away I wouldn't think they had plans to meet someone:moo: (that is just my opinion)

If someone rode the Nature Trail and turned right on Gilbert, they would go on Elmer to get back on the trail to go around the lake.

B and U RBM

Airplane / Helicopter,

Boat on a trailer, camper, horse trailer, motorcycle trailer, pick-up with a tonneau cover...I dunno

I really don't know, but there are two different things involved with tracking location. One would be GPS, which would tell by satellite, where the phone is, and one would be pinging calls off a cell tower. In the case of the pinging, as soon as you are out of range of one cell tower, another cell tower picks it up so you can continue a call. When you are in the "can you hear me now" range, you are talking about the pinging function of the nearest tower. MOO

ETA: If a phone is on the ground somewhere and turned on, it will continue pinging a cell tower, and they can triangulate pings for location. GPS tracks geographically where the phone is and where it goes (when you use your car GPS, you always know on a map where you are, but it works off a satellite). And, like your car, you can have GPS on your cell phone, but it is generally an App. Just trying to make myself more clear...lol MOO

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. Since her phone was only for games and not activated for calls (other than 911 which is required by law), I don't think she'd have GPS - just tower range probably. Might still be helpful but not as much as I was hoping.

Boat on a trailer, camper, horse trailer, motorcycle trailer, pick-up with a tonneau cover...I dunno

Yes, Thats what I am saying.

"Vehicles."

Therefore, they must think they did not leave the area by Foot.

That the only thing I can think of that isn't "by Vehicle"

B and U RBM

<snipped for space>

I hate thinking this way but I assumed it meant they left by vehicle as opposed to, say, the worst happened and the girls' bodies were dumped somewhere, buried, hidden, disguised (this one seems pretty out there but since LE mentioned it)... I think the point being they left the area and not via walking or their bikes. IMO.

They mentioned camping again too, in addition to boat. (Camper on pick-up, tent, camper trailer, RV) MOO

I hate thinking this way but I assumed it meant they left by vehicle as opposed to, say, the worst happened and the girls' bodies were dumped somewhere, buried, hidden, disguised (this one seems pretty out there but since LE mentioned it)... I think the point being they left the area and not via walking or their bikes. IMO.

Therefore they must think no one has them in their basement.

Now they want the locals to come up with "ideas" for them to look for a certain vehicle on surveillance tapes.

ETA: for example, I saw a strange car driving up and down the road* on that Friday the 13th, they want me to call and report that.

* I don't live in Iowa I live in Florida, it just an example

Therefore they must think no one has them in their basement.

Now they want the locals to come up with "ideas" for them to look for a certain vehicle on surveillance tapes.

ETA: for example, I saw a strange car driving up and down the road* on that Friday the 13th, they want me to call and report that.

* I don't live in Iowa I live in Florida, it just an example

Maybe a "borrowed" vehicle that day or that week. Maybe a vehicle someone bought within days of the event from a local. Maybe a vehicle someone just bought after the event from someone. MOO

maybe they cut back and forth while riding... we don't really know the route they took?

with such an impromptu "quick ride" and grandma expecting them back right away I wouldn't think they had plans to meet someone:moo: (that is just my opinion)

I can see them riding back and forth on the streets you have highlighted on your map - it's a continuous loop, more or less. But it looks like they would have to get back on Gilbert and ride over to Elmer Avenue. Unless there is some special attraction on Elmer Avenue, I can't understand why they would have gone there considering it was a little out of the way and they were under a time constraint. JMO.

But then, kids aren't always logical when they're out playing!

Maybe a "borrowed" vehicle that day or that week. Maybe a vehicle someone bought within days of the event from a local. Maybe a vehicle someone just bought after the event from someone. MOO

And Maybe

"My Neighbor XYZ, had a White van for the last 3 years and now as of July 14th he is driving a smart car....and he sold the White Van...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer