IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
What information do we have about the area where the girls were found? Is it someplace where teens might party, etc.?

Is that a deer head on the front of his shirt? I can't read what it says. Anyone able to make out what the shirt says? Deer hunting? Possibly a Ragbrai shirt? Looks like maybe a beer bottle in the antler...I can't make out what it says...it looks like there is a city, state reference on the last line. I've tried to blow up the picture but I can't make out what it says.

It sure is! I can't make out what it says either, but the middle word at the top might be WANTED.

Does anyone else find this bit odd -

Services to celebrate the life of Lyric will be from 2 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29, at Heartland Vineyard. I thank all of you who have gone through this time with me and welcome everyone to these services.

Are Misty and Dan not supporting each other either?

Services to celebrate the life of Lyric will be from 2 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29, at Heartland Vineyard. I thank all of you who have gone through this time with me and welcome everyone to these services.

Yes, that stood out to me too. And the fact that she said anyone is welcome, then the tweet said no media are welcome.

The 2 little ones were close cousins, played, laughed, cried and died together.
I wish they were beside each other again.
I am so sentamental.
We had 2 cousins drown together many many years ago.........
laid out in same room, double funeral and 1 tombstone that
says "Forever Together"
Just me..........

The girls rode their bikes really fast in the opposite direction than the grandma's house IIRC.
They were told b grandma to be back at a certain tme.
In between did 'someone' ask them to do them a favor?
like deliver 'something'.........
then all went wrong and someone had to eliminate them as witnesses???
or they died?
could it be overdose of drugs from someone?
Just thinking out loud..........

The girls rode their bikes really fast in the opposite direction than the grandma's house IIRC.
They were told b grandma to be back at a certain tme.
In between did 'someone' ask them to do them a favor?
like deliver 'something'.........
then all went wrong and someone had to eliminate them as witnesses???
or they died?
could it be overdose of drugs from someone?
Just thinking out loud..........

I don't think we can say how fast they were riding. When I look at the video, I don't see the girls continuously riding along the road, instead I see a couple of snapshots. I think the camera is on a timer and does not record continuously.

They went for a bike ride at 11:30 and they were expected home by 12:30 because Wylma had to be somewhere at 1:30. At 12:30, Wylma started worrying and looking for them. What would the girls be delivering and why would they deliver anything for anyone? I really don't think that this has anything to do with drugs. There is no evidence to suggest anything related to drugs. What we know is that the police have been looking at sex offenders since the day the girls vanished and they re-interviewed sex offenders after the bodies were found. Drew and Heather are focused on sex offenders and are actively working towards stronger punishments for sex offenders.

The 2 little ones were close cousins, played, laughed, cried and died together.
I wish they were beside each other again.
I am so sentamental.
We had 2 cousins drown together many many years ago.........
laid out in same room, double funeral and 1 tombstone that
says "Forever Together"
Just me..........

Elizabeth was buried, wasn't she? Lyric will be cremated. Each to their own.

Do women that have experienced domestic abuse rely on the ex-husband that delivered that abuse for anything?

That seemed bizarre to me too (Favorite Aunt) especially since no one else had a title. But, who knows. Maybe we are over-thinking it.

I think I read that Misty came from a family of 7 or 9 children. Mentioning Tammy as Lyric's favorite gives Tammy some recognition for how important she was to Lyric. I think that's fair enough.

Elizabeth was buried, wasn't she? Lyric will be cremated. Each to their own.

Unless I've overlooked something in the past couple of days, Lyric and Lizzie's bodies have not yet been released to the families.

I do remember reading that Lizzie will be buried in a private ceremony, and that Lyric will be cremated.

It's sad that there seems to be discord in the family, but I don't think Heather and Misty got along all that well even in the best of times. The strain of what they have gone through has done nothing to heal any old wounds.

Do women that have experienced domestic abuse rely on the ex-husband that delivered that abuse for anything?

sadly some do, they can't break the attraction they may share.
Some divorse and remarry........

That is how it looks.

Its beyond words frankly.

I just wish I had better insight into this and could help more -

bbm

I'm with you there, georger -- but insight based on what?! (Please know that I am not criticizing your insight; I'm just, like all of us, so bamboozled by the lack of more substance in this thing.) We, as otto & others have said, have so very few facts in this thing.

1. We do know the girls are dead.
  2. We don't know when they died.
  3. We don't know how they died.
  4. We don't know where they died.
  5. We don't know why they died.
  6. We don't know by whom they were killed. (And this is assuming they were murdered -- we don't know that for sure, either.)
  7. We do know where the bodies were found.
  8. We do know where the bikes and the bag were found.
  9. We do know places where they were seen just before they disappeared.
ETA: Certainly, getting our eyes on an autopsy report should help. A little.

:banghead: .. :waitasec: ..
icon8.gif
.. :banghead: ..
icon5.gif
.. :banghead:

We know Misty did. She and Dan were together constantly in the early days...understandably so when one of your children together is missing.

As national media descended on Evansdale this week, a small town of around 5,000 people in northeastern Iowa, Misty and Daniel were frequently spotted at Meyers Lake, where the girls' bikes were discovered last Friday. The couple talked to reporters on Tuesday and then again early Wednesday. But come Wednesday evening, as word of their criminal pasts made the rounds, the two were nowhere to be found.
http://www.allnews1067.com/abc_news...minal_Pasts/939E26FCD1C411E1B6E3FEFDADE6840A/

I don't think that they wandered into something, but the part about the perp having some prior criminal activity rings true. As Morgan Harrington's parents said, no one starts with murdering a child. I have also wondered about animal killings in the area over the last 3 years.

I think that he was very confident that they would not escape during the 20 mile ride, and he knew that 7 Bridges Park would be deserted. Interior door handles may have been removed ... duct tape and plastic ties. I think that care was taken to minimize exposure, similar to the circumstances at Meyers Lake.

bbm
- Good points, otto. Austin Sigg was able to keep little JR from escaping from his car, from banging on the car windows for help, from getting away from him...and he was just 17+ years old... But he spilled his gutz and is cooling his heels in the pre-trial pokey now...:jail:

Yes, re animal killings, otto; it does come to mind -- that is often in a perp's signature -- another sociopath perhaps? Mr. Seemingly Normal. The guy next door?

Yeppers, this one is a doozy. Grrrrrrr.

icon9.gif

sadly some do, they can't break the attraction they may share.
Some divorse and remarry........

Especially these two. Remember, they shared a hotel room together shortly after the disappearance.

My own take on this is that often times two dysfunctional people involved in drugs, and a dysunctional relationship are equal partners in domestic violence situations. This is not to downplay battered women at all. I am hoping my thought will not be taken as such. When people are in a dysfuntional and abusive relationship it is not always one violent person subjegating another "innocent" spouse. Often times it is both individuals who are abusive towards one another. When duel addictions are involved it can be even more dysfunctional.

That is NOT to say that all cases of DV are like that or even that THIS one is like that. Just saying that we really don't know the situation between Lyric's parents and that maybe their relatonship is more complex and co dependant than a simple case of a voilent man beating on a blameless significant other who is not also violent or carrying her own baggage.

I am not doing a good job of articulating this thought. :(

We know Misty did. She and Dan were together constantly in the early days...understandably so when one of your children together is missing.

As national media descended on Evansdale this week, a small town of around 5,000 people in northeastern Iowa, Misty and Daniel were frequently spotted at Meyers Lake, where the girls' bikes were discovered last Friday. The couple talked to reporters on Tuesday and then again early Wednesday. But come Wednesday evening, as word of their criminal pasts made the rounds, the two were nowhere to be found.
http://www.allnews1067.com/abc_news...minal_Pasts/939E26FCD1C411E1B6E3FEFDADE6840A/

I agree. When all hell breaks loose a person clings to those most familiar and those he or she feels will most closely understand their pain, fear and panic.

MOO
I think something might be rumbling...
Our favorite page (kidding) cedar valley mug shots posted a mug of someone from evansdale arrested for 3rd degree sexual abuse.. in the comments under the pic Drew Collins commented.. he's been a part of CVM for quite a while and this is the first mug shot he's ever commented on.......

let me also add. there is no bond for this guy... usually they get a really high bond.. not , no bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member