IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by bessie, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

[​IMG]
    "Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
    -Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
    http://www.bhcso.org/
    http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
    http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Poster in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
    Thread # 3 Thread # 4
    Thread # 5 Thread # 6
    Thread # 7 Thread # 8
    Thread # 9 Thread#10
    Thread #11 Thread #12
    Thread #13 Thread #14
    Thread #15 Thread #16
    Thread #17 Thread #18
    Thread #19 Thread #20
    Thread #21 Thread #22
    Thread #23 Thread #24

2. Loading...

3. imamaze

imamaze Former Member

Please continue here...

4. otto

otto Verified Expert

Bringing this comment over from the last thread ... food for thought

5. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

My first thought when I saw the locations of the girls bodies (horrible btw and still is to bring it up) was that the perp may have done what he wanted at another location then took them to 7 Bridges alive and walked them into their deaths. I really would like to know the COD. It first appears as letting the two go and telling them to run then shooting them & they lay where shot. That has haunted me. Whew glad I got that out some. If it was one perp also. Could also be two.

6. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Active Member

I've thought that many times. Which makes me lean more towards a serial killer. It might be my desire to avoid thinking of the girls being sexually assaulted.

7. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

[​IMG]

tlcox, could this really be you??

Just who is that woman???

8. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

I agree, if I avoid the sexual assault possibility, it comes back to possibly a drug related retaliation of some kind or...? Just a killer.

9. otto

otto Verified Expert

There has been some information suggesting that the girls were murdered shortly after they were abducted. That would mean that they were taken directly from Meyers Lake to 7 Bridges Park.

10. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

I saw that Otto. I just don't think they can narrow the exact time down unless there was something dated or timestamped to that day. For their sake & the families I'm glad that statement was made. But in all honesty, I think it could be within a day to a week or so in TOD. jmo Not sure other than the bugs/plant growth and time of year facts. jmo

11. otto

otto Verified Expert

I just don't see a kidnapper/murderer deciding to feed children and control them for 7 days ... unless he is a hermit that lives in the middle of nowhere.

12. borndem

Like so many others of us, I am getting so discouraged by the lack of anything new coming from LE or any other reliable and/or official sources. Yes, it's true they don't owe anyone anything (beyond the close family of the victims), but I wonder if they are as in-the-dark as we are. This is not to say LE is incompetent or are not spending any time on this case, but it's just so disheartening to find nothing new, day after day.

Maybe the (seeming) lack of evidence is due to the time involved in finding the bodies (this may indeed be a big problem), but to hear nothing is both saddening and scary to me. I keep having this image of the perp(s) lying back and just snickering and smiling at LE being so seemingly far from solving this one.

But who knoze, maybe tomorrow will be The Day. Let's keep hoping as we have been. [​IMG]

13. georger

georger New Member

Or the final location 'is' the site of everything. Tied? Separate locations close to each other. Just my opinion. One of the reasons I think this is they (girls, perp, and vehicle) seem to have departed the town and all searches, almost immediately without leaving any trace?
    It's a foregone conclusion a vehicle is involved! That is required to get to the final location.
    :banghead:

14. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Active Member

I agree. If we knew motive we'd be better able to deduct the length they were kept alive.

I'd think even if there was sexual assault, they were long dead before the bikes were found. I just don't see keeping them alive for repeated assaults, he'd be caught and after they were reported missing he'd have a harder time sneaking away to dispose of the bodies.

I have always thought they were abducted moments after being seen in video, like less than a minute. I have also always thought they were dead before the 911 call.

I have nothing to base it on, but I just have always thought that.

15. borndem

I agree, otto -- it's likely. I have wondered if the perp(s) was/were initially heading for 7 Lakes to drink beer, smoke a joint, do a drug deal, or just hang out, etc., and were on or near LaFayette or Brovan, saw the girls, had a conversation, etc., etc., and then headed to Meyer's Lake (or followed them there), got the girls, left the bikes (more for convenience), -- maybe Lizzie dropped her bag on purpose -- and took them to 7 Lakes for whatever was to happen to them. Luck for the perp, and a horrible lack of it for the little girls and their families. .. :banghead: .. [​IMG] .. [​IMG]

16. georger

georger New Member

COD & TOD would establish that. I think they were taken to 7 Bridges asap to clear out of the area. If he went in daylight he has guts to assume such risk. But a vehicle is involved and one article says LE
    took track marks ...

17. georger

georger New Member

Im assuming the girls have been there since day-1. Perp fulfilled his
    intentions and got it over with. The remore location suggests to me a
    rational well-thought out plan based on his knowledge of the area.
    Someone has seen his vehicle, sometime. This is a known person.

18. georger

georger New Member

If they have forensics of the body locations (dont forget there are two)
    then they have an idea based on agreement between materials from both
    locations, on how long the bodies have been there .. pathology/autopsy
    may even have a cod.

19. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think the motive is fairly clear: sexual assault. They may have been dead by 3:58 in the afternoon. They were abducted at about 12:30-1:00. It's a 45 minute drive to the 7 Bridges Park. That's 1:45. Then, they had to park in a secluded spot and walk the 400 feet to where they were found. Maybe they were only alive for two hours after that, maybe a bit longer ... whatever time the perp could spare/disappear unnoticed.

20. otto

otto Verified Expert

In the Victoria Stafford, aged 10, abduction and murder, the kidnappers picked up drugs on the way to the murder location - which was quite a distance from the abduction site, but close to where one of them had grown up. I think the beer/drugs scenario is possible ... some extra time on his hands, hot summer afternoon, Friday the 13th, nobody will miss him for a couple of hours.

He probably lives in Evansdale, but has ties to the 7 Bridges Park either because he's travelled the backroads quite a bit, or because he spent time in the area, maybe went there as a child.

21. otto

otto Verified Expert

Do you mean tracks from the Meyers Lake area?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.