IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
once all the leaves are out on the trees, if a local has the time, it would be interesting to see how the area looks. From photos above it appears quite dense, I would like to see a few photos of the area from a walking perspective.
Thanks ahead of time if someone is willing to visit the site and post photos.
If it is as dense as it appears, that person(s) has to have been there prior to the crime. They have to be somewhat familiar with it.
It cannot be that many people that are familiar with it; it is too remote.
Just frustrating we all cannot figure out who that is.
I hope LE has more clues than us and gets to the bottom of this.
Makes me ill as the days go by and no arrest(s).

I am planning on heading up hopefully within the next couple of weekends. I am a big chicken so I am going to make my husband go with me. :floorlaugh: I want to do a video where everything is all down and not super thick with coverage so people can see the roads, etc. Then, I want to go back later in the summer when the foliage is full grown so everyone can also see the area at the same time of year the girls were taken to demonstrate the cover.

I will post the video as soon as I can. Our weekends are so busy with the 3 kids in softball/baseball but I'm gonna try my best to get up there soon everyone! :seeya:

I am planning on heading up hopefully within the next couple of weekends. I am a big chicken so I am going to make my husband go with me. :floorlaugh: I want to do a video where everything is all down and not super thick with coverage so people can see the roads, etc. Then, I want to go back later in the summer when the foliage is full grown so everyone can also see the area at the same time of year the girls were taken to demonstrate the cover.

I will post the video as soon as I can. Our weekends are so busy with the 3 kids in softball/baseball but I'm gonna try my best to get up there soon everyone! :seeya:

I wonder if you could use a GPS to get the coordinates so we could pin point on a map. Otto says the girls were found in the park and others have said on private land. It sure would be nice to know for sure.

Wonder when they are going to start a new thread, its really getting long.

I wonder if you could use a GPS to get the coordinates so we could pin point on a map. Otto says the girls were found in the park and others have said on private land. It sure would be nice to know for sure.

And how would one go about doing that? :blushing: I will do whatever helps. I don't have a GPS navigation system...the only thing I have is what's on my cell phone. Not sure how accurate it would be.

Here is another link that shows the boundaries of the area.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/portals/idnr/uploads/wildlife/wmamaps/aldo_leopold.pdf

I can tell you with 100% certainty (from not only the website, but also local knowledge) that these girls were not found on private property. The location of the bodies is on the west side of the river (as far as boundaries) which is within the park's boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288