IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #3

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by nikkiw319, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loves2bmom

loves2bmom Member

Is there a daily news conference? I thought I heard yesterday they were not going to do them daily unless they have new info. Would be nice to know if one is being planned for today. Hoping they have something!

2. kikid

kikid New Member

(CNN) -- An FBI dive team will arrive in Evansdale, Iowa, on Thursday as authorities slowly drain a lake where the bicycles of two missing girls were found.

The team will use sonar to check the lake when the water level is considered "drained," and divers will probably wait until Friday, when the 25-acre lake reaches its lowest level, FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said. The lake is draining more slowly than expected, authorities said.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/justice/iowa-missing-cousins/index.html

Maybe they are doing the sonar, or have done it and know something?

3. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

4. sweetpea33

sweetpea33 New Member

the alleged ring was in Nebraska but was nationwide. if you google Johnny Gosch his mother Noreen has a web site with a link to the documentary and what all she believes happened to Johnny as well as supposid pics that turned up.

5. palaminodee

palaminodee Active Member

6. threecrazykids

threecrazykids Well-Known Member

If they stopped draining the lake I am hoping it's either that they are ready to send in the dive crew (that it is drained enough for them to go in) OR that they have a break in the case.

Ugh...I just feel like I could vomit right now. Praying these girls are found alive.:please:

7. BlueIris

BlueIris Inactive

Found an article that says its because the divers need at least 6ft of water to dive in... they're going to go in and search the larger holes.

8. palaminodee

palaminodee Active Member

I watched really long interviews of the mother talking on youtube and they are mind boggling!

9. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

snip:

so it is now another wait...

10. vasportsmom

vasportsmom so many cases...so much heartbreak

Having the FBI ask local LE to stop draining the lake is an interesting development that could mean so many things. My stomach is churning just thinking about it. I hope they have some kind of new info that will put an end to this agony for the families. I pray that it is good news but they need to know one way or the other. I hope the full story comes soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jacy

jacy Member

I looked up Noreen's site. It simultaneously ripped my heart and made me feel much more naive than I thought I was. And sick. I feel so sick. :(

12. Ms Pragmatic

Ms Pragmatic Active Member

I am thinking that after analyzing the reaction of the dogs, the FBI truly believes the girls are in the lake. This would also explain why the authorities have been reluctant to consider this an abduction or warn other parents that their children are in danger. They also have stated they did not suspect foul play and have spent an inordinate time at this lake.

13. hollyblue

hollyblue It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen t

She may not have been going prior to MCM going to work, but MCM was just released again in May, so she was prolly staying with Gma and went over there when she didn't have school while MCM was serving her last stint. Then again, all three of them could have been going over to help Heather since MSM's release and swimming in the afternoon. ???

14. Ms Pragmatic

Ms Pragmatic Active Member

Inordinate amount of time, that should read.

15. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

16. Thinkzerz

Thinkzerz Well-Known Member

17. TGIRecovered

TGIRecovered Well-Known Member

I hear you Ms. Pragmatic, but I still have reservations. They have to clear the lake because it is such a potential hazard to the kids and possibly a dumping site for bodies or other evidence. I think that they would have to do that even if they don't think the girls are there.

In order for a body to be in that lake, it would have to be weighted down and in the deepest part of the water. No one saw a boat, there is no bridge over the lake, so how would a heavily weighted body just happen to sink to the deepest place? If the girls drowned and got tangled in weeds they would not be caught in the deep part unless they had been diving, which I'm sure they were not!

I really don't think that there is anything in the lake. MOO

18. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault confirmed a California dive team is on the way to Evansdale. Breault says the dive team will use sonar equipment to scan the lake bed. She says the FBI made the request to stop draining the lake because the sonar equipment will not work in less than six feet of water Divers will also search the deeper holes of water in the lake.

Breault says authorities have complied with the FBI request.
    The dive team will be at the lake Friday at the latest.

19. nikb

nikb Active Member

I'm getting caught up so please forgive me as well. :) In my limited (thank goodness!) experience, "sentenced to" is a whole lot different than "served." It bothers me and actually makes me sick at least for some crimes. Anyway I personally know someone who was sentenced to something like 4 years and ended up being there for a little over a year. He called it "prison time" and said every day was worth 3 days I think? (sorry I'm not a math person either!) For the record.. it was for possession and sale of painkillers so it wasn't a violent crime. I also don't know if it might be state-specific, but California anyway has been letting people out right and left for non-violent crimes.

No idea if it even matters in this case... just sharing my experience. And catching up once again.

20. nikb

nikb Active Member

Yikes.

I so hope these girls are ok but I feel worse and worse about them/their fate every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.