IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all share this far and wide. For all to see. :twocents:

I will.

I'm from Iowa...you should see my FB feed with all of the "shares". Our local news stations who have the articles on their FB pages are being blown up in the comments of people completely enraged.

I think the state is going to have to either divulge the REAL reason he was fired or they are going to be paying this guy off with a large sum of $$.

I'm from Iowa...you should see my FB feed with all of the "shares". Our local news stations who have the articles on their FB pages are being blown up in the comments of people completely enraged.

I think the state is going to have to either divulge the REAL reason he was fired or they are going to be paying this guy off with a large sum of $$.

This just stinks of corruption.
May truth prevail.

Washington Post:

Iowa agent who pursued governor’s speeding SUV fired; state officials say it’s not retaliation

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...869330-ef0a-11e2-bb32-725c8351a69e_story.html

'Seems like retaliation to me'.. 'Special Agent Hedlund was a decorated officer with a clean record... 'We have three murdered girls without answers'.. 'Politics should not interfere with missing/murdered children investigations'.. 'Without Public Safety for our Families, we have nothing'...
"Shame on the Iowa Governor and Public Safety Commissioner"...

“This firing is a real loss for the people of the state of Iowa,” Duff said of Hedlund, who received a top honor for assisting crime victims in 2008. “If your child turned up missing or your family member was the victim of a crime, you would want Larry on the case.”

State officials denied retaliation. A termination document said that Hedlund made “negative and disrespectful” comments in emails about DCI Director Chari Paulson, addressed her disrespectfully during a conference call, and drove his vehicle on a vacation day. It noted he had no prior discipline.

If you go back to my videos you can see that I noted one on one of the trees. :)

However, PRIOR to them being found there, I'm not sure there would be any just "hangin' around". Even though it's a public access for hunting, most people aren't going to just leave a deer cam out there. Most people who hunt deer (that use deer cams) are going to put the cams on private property...otherwise they are really apt to be stolen.

I don't doubt for one second those were placed there by LE. I only saw one there, but I would also put money on it that there were more that I didn't see.

SBM

For whatever reason, I'm feeling cynical this evening so I may well be biased.

My first thought was "don't underestimate the rubberneck factor." Meaning that some private citizen who has a cheapo deer cam may have put it out there just to see if they can catch something interesting on tape.

The deer cams have come way down in price; you can get a really basic one for as little as $40 new. I can easily imagine someone who has one deciding to be a high tech Gladys Kravitz.

Also, I would hope that if LE put a cam out there that it would not be easily spotted.

That story has a link to another story which states that Terry Branstad's "ambitious" schedule of in-state visits requires his state trooper chauffeurs to speed.

I dimly recall that many years ago, during Branstad's first reign as the once and future governor, it was revealed that his head of public safety was a chronic speeder and had her driver's license suspended for a month when she got her third speeding ticket in a month. The governor's office said that he was going to have a talk with her about scheduling appointments in such a way that she would not be forced to commit public safety violations in order to keep her appointments. In other words, it was treated as a minor time management problem rather than a public safety problem.

O rly, Guv?

So, what happened to the other two troopers? Nothing?? The one driving the governor's vehicle, and the one that actually clocked him? Seems to me, there should be dive disciplinary action there.

'Seems like retaliation to me'.. 'Special Agent Hedlund was a decorated officer with a clean record... 'We have three murdered girls without answers'.. 'Politics should not interfere with missing/murdered children investigations'.. 'Without Public Safety for our Families, we have nothing'...
"Shame on the Iowa Governor and Public Safety Commissioner"...

“This firing is a real loss for the people of the state of Iowa,” Duff said of Hedlund, who received a top honor for assisting crime victims in 2008. “If your child turned up missing or your family member was the victim of a crime, you would want Larry on the case.”

State officials denied retaliation. A termination document said that Hedlund made “negative and disrespectful” comments in emails about DCI Director Chari Paulson, addressed her disrespectfully during a conference call, and drove his vehicle on a vacation day. It noted he had no prior discipline.

drove his vehicle on a vacation day, that says it all...I'm not liking this firing and I don't even live in Iowa!! Dirty pool.

OT-someone on mentioned on here the other day about a little girl who was kidnapped and sexually abused in Pennsylvania. A RSO has now been arrested for this. Let me tell you, after reading what he told that little girl to make her cooperate, it's makes me sick. The story is on Lancasteronline.com.

Any chance you could link the article? I found a bunch of articles on that site but none that seemed to talk about this. A link would be much appreciated - thanks!

Thank you! Klunder should have been sent to Cherokee! His previous actions were HUGE red flags that this guy should never have been allowed to the see the light of the free world ever again! He obviously was able to hide his hate and anger at the world and especially women until he was free to kill again. I still get cold chills at the fact he was allowed out on a work program and able to wander around a golf course basically unattended! I'm glad he is dead! This creep should have set everyone's alarms off after his volent attacks against 2 women and the kidnapping of toddlers - Uh - that just is not normal behavior and Klunder was never going to be rehabilitated or cured. He was a con artist who was able to fool some people into thinking he was "okay" to be free in society again! :banghead: :moo:

I just remember a week after Klunder killed himself, LE stated that they were checking to see if he was involved in the Evansdale case and we should know soon. Soon? I know some are saying the wheels of justice move slow, but come on.

My :twocents:

Klunder is not the perp in the girls case; and -

Whatever is going on with Hedlund being fired, you can be assured it's not actually about someone using the company car...these sorts of battles usually have a long and ugly history of egos clashing.

None of which is reassuring for the folks in Iowa nor us who would like L&L's case prioritised, not wayyyy down the list after internal bickering and right fighting.

I've worked for gubmint. There's always layers within layers of alleged truth, secret handshakes, mates rates, always ego driven, usually men acting like tweenagers even though they hold positions of considerable power.

:cow:

Any chance you could link the article? I found a bunch of articles on that site but none that seemed to talk about this. A link would be much appreciated - thanks!

This might be the link.

"The little girl told police the man approached her as she was going to get her bicycle outside her grandma's house.

"You're pretty and I think I'm going to keep you," the man said.

Harold Leroy Herr, 73, then grabbed the 5-year-old child by her neck, forced her into his car, threatened to kill her unless she "got naked" and listened to him, and sexually assaulted her Thursday, police said.

Herr bought the child chocolate ice cream and dropped her back off in her grandma's Lancaster Township neighborhood a few hours later, police said

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/...assault-of-5-year-old-girl.html#ixzz2ZWSfWED7

Kidnapping should get life in prison, regardless if the victim was "seriously" injured or not, regardless of the victim's age.

Sexual assault of a child should get life in prison.

So anyone who kidnaps or even lures a child gets life. Anyone who sexually assaults a child, even in the own child's bed, gets life.

How many sex offenders would still be locked up right now if this were the case??

Why is this not the case?

Why do we tolerate this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members