IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the deer cams, I'll bet they are catching a LOT of activity. I'll bet there are many that have ventured in there to see where they were found. So yes, what WOULD the deer cams prove? Really nothing. Maybe a local property owner put them there to see who was partying there, not about the L&L case. Wouldn't it be a lucky break if they had been there a year ago.

Interesting points in the article:

Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock said that although family members were interviewed and allegations against them were followed “long and hard,” no one is considered a suspect.
“At this point, they’re grieving family members missing their daughters and nieces,” he said.

Looks like Smock is the first to actually make a statement that would indicate that NONE of the parents are considered a suspect. Not quite sure what his reference to "At this point" is suppose to mean though...that is a very strange way to "clear" someone. :facepalm:

And I just can't ignore Heather's comment which is pretty much status quo from day 1: “In order to be a productive person and not dwell on this, I can’t think about it,” Heather said.

Additional photos and comments from family members:

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...Collins-family

:winner:

Kidnapping should get life in prison, regardless if the victim was "seriously" injured or not, regardless of the victim's age.

Sexual assault of a child should get life in prison.

So anyone who kidnaps or even lures a child gets life. Anyone who sexually assaults a child, even in the own child's bed, gets life.

How many sex offenders would still be locked up right now if this were the case??

Why is this not the case?

Why do we tolerate this??

Squeeze, your post and my own personal situation I have been dealing with for the last few weeks really hit home with me!!!! Several months ago someone very close to me began seeing a man quite a few years her junior (70 vs 57). I thought it was odd - I don't really see this person as a cougar! Next thing I know, she's moved this guy in with her! She told me "it's not sexual - he lives with his sister and they argue all the time." Okay, too much information. About two weeks later, my husband tells me that the man is a RSO. I wanted to argue with him saying we had to be careful about judging him that there are different tiers and levels.... He looked at me like I was crazy. I too thought WTH is wrong with me!! So, I looked him up on the Texas Sex Offender site. Sure enough! There he was - all 6 feet and 280 pounds of a registered sex offender. Smiling and grinning with OUR FREAKING ADDRESS as his home address!!! The lady rents a trailer from us on our property. Needless to say I FREAKED! His victim - a 4 y/o girl. I immediately called my friend and told her "he's a registered sex offender." She said "no he's not." I said "yes, he is. Look him up." My husband said no way was he going to live on our property. When I spoke with my friend again she said she really was unaware of his past. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, as I thought of my rant about Klunder's wife and how 3CK so eloquently pointed out that she probably didn't have a clue because that's how these rats operate. He had told her he had served time in the pen, but apparently did not elaborate that it was because he had sexually molested a 4 y/o. Long story short - he did move out. My friend says she loves him and can't give him up so she spends the week living with him and the weekends at her trailer. Ugh! I literally want to throw up when she told me she loved him and "couldn't give him up."

I'm sure this creep plea-bargained his sentence way down. He only served about 6 years from what I understand. Disgusting. Again, Squeeze, your questions are my questions.....WHY? Why is he even allowed to see the light of day? Why isn't he still locked up? I have a sneaking suspicion he was downloading *advertiser censored* onto my friend's computer. I warned her she could get into a lot of trouble if the feds find out. She said that he was not downloading *advertiser censored*. Okay....I wouldn't believe a thing this guy said. I don't understand her tolerance of him. I guess offenders are someone' son, someone's brother, someone's relative, etc., but why is there tolerance of any kind of sexual abuse of a child????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Regarding the deer cams, I'll bet they are catching a LOT of activity. I'll bet there are many that have ventured in there to see where they were found. So yes, what WOULD the deer cams prove? Really nothing. Maybe a local property owner put them there to see who was partying there, not about the L&L case. Wouldn't it be a lucky break if they had been there a year ago.

An even luckier break if they were not only there, but the footage is/was recorded and still exists. The odds on that seem so slim to me. :(

Squeeze, your post and my own personal situation I have been dealing with for the last few weeks really hit home with me!!!! Several months ago someone very close to me began seeing a man quite a few years her junior (70 vs 57). I thought it was odd - I don't really see this person as a cougar! Next thing I know, she's moved this guy in with her! She told me "it's not sexual - he lives with his sister and they argue all the time." Okay, too much information. About two weeks later, my husband tells me that the man is a RSO. I wanted to argue with him saying we had to be careful about judging him that there are different tiers and levels.... He looked at me like I was crazy. I too thought WTH is wrong with me!! So, I looked him up on the Texas Sex Offender site. Sure enough! There he was - all 6 feet and 280 pounds of a registered sex offender. Smiling and grinning with OUR FREAKING ADDRESS as his home address!!! The lady rents a trailer from us on our property. Needless to say I FREAKED! His victim - a 4 y/o girl. I immediately called my friend and told her "he's a registered sex offender." She said "no he's not." I said "yes, he is. Look him up." My husband said no way was he going to live on our property. When I spoke with my friend again she said she really was unaware of his past. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, as I thought of my rant about Klunder's wife and how 3CK so eloquently pointed out that she probably didn't have a clue because that's how these rats operate. He had told her he had served time in the pen, but apparently did not elaborate that it was because he had sexually molested a 4 y/o. Long story short - he did move out. My friend says she loves him and can't give him up so she spends the week living with him and the weekends at her trailer. Ugh! I literally want to throw up when she told me she loved him and "couldn't give him up."

I'm sure this creep plea-bargained his sentence way down. He only served about 6 years from what I understand. Disgusting. Again, Squeeze, your questions are my questions.....WHY? Why is he even allowed to see the light of day? Why isn't he still locked up? I have a sneaking suspicion he was downloading *advertiser censored* onto my friend's computer. I warned her she could get into a lot of trouble if the feds find out. She said that he was not downloading *advertiser censored*. Okay....I wouldn't believe a thing this guy said. I don't understand her tolerance of him. I guess offenders are someone' son, someone's brother, someone's relative, etc., but why is there tolerance of any kind of sexual abuse of a child????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

HOLY CRAP!!! What a crazy situation to find yourself in!! I agree that I would not believe a word this guy says. Maybe she should have the computer checked?? Because if there was *advertiser censored* on it, he would be going back to prison. And how would anyone want to be in a relationship with someone who abused a 4-year-old?? But she was probably in way too deep by the time she found out. But still, the thought would turn my stomach. Who knows what else he's done, and not been charged with??

Here is another thought. He could be locked up for providing false information by putting YOUR address as his own.

Just goes to show, I think we ALL need to check the RSO list OFTEN!!

Thanks for sharing, Boots!!

An even luckier break if they were not only there, but the footage is/was recorded and still exists. The odds on that seem so slim to me. :(

Probably. Maybe they git a glimpse of an older model SUV....

This Plea Bargaining BS needs to go too.

A child molester should be permanently marked somehow, I'm thinking Inglorius Basterd style.

Even better would be Rockspider Island, a nasty and isolated piece of land somewhere kind of like a leper colony, where they are all forced to live for ever more with no escape possible.

There are a few things that make me go :waitasec: in this case and one of them is the plea bargain shenanigans going on in the background of various family members.

Plea Bargain is Prosecutor Speak which roughly translates to -

"we know you did something really bad, you know we know you did it, but we probably can't totally prove it, and we don't really want to waste the money trying, why don't you just admit to something much less serious and we'll call it a day?"

Is it just me, or is this a short sighted and foolish way to run your "justice system"? :pullhair:

ETA: I hope your friend stays safe.

Hi, everyone.......I haven't posted much but have been reading and thanking pretty often. I wish so much that this case could be solved. :(

What is the general consensus on Klunder?

Hi, everyone.......I haven't posted much but have been reading and thanking pretty often. I wish so much that this case could be solved. :(

My personal consensus (all my personalities agree for once :D) - he's got nothing to do with it.

:sigh:

All I can say is puke. Sorry if that offends anyone. :banghead:

:hills:

:gasp:

Bootscr, sounds like your friends situation is deja vu of Brandon Scott Lavergne(LA) scenario. BSL was engaged to be married and his future spouse didn't know that he was RSO until her father checked the RSO registry and found that he was a tier 3... Send her a few websleuths links.. She should appreciate your advice. BSL's fiance wasn't so lucky..

Off Topic: Tragic, 27 years before capture of child predator...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...der-genetically-diseased-7-year-old-girl.html

Sex offender arrested during routine traffic stop for unsolved 1986 murder of 7-year-old girl with genetic disease
Jasper Everett Goddard's DNA samples match murder case of April Marie Rhodes, 7
Goddard, 61, was arrested Thursday in Ozark, Missouri, during routine traffic check
The mysterious killing happened in North Las Vegas 27 years ago
April was snatched from her bed at night while her family was sleeping

http://www.rgj.com/article/99999999...r-case-child-Monica-DaSilva-snatched-from-bed
Hope persists in 1990 Reno murder case of child Monica DaSilva snatched from bed On Sept. 23, 1990, Monica, 7, was snatched by an intruder from her bedroom as she slept, while her brother James, 5, was unharmed.

Three weeks later, her skull, ribs and collarbone were found in a remote canyon in Storey County by a family who was hunting for rocks. Her killer has never been identified.

RSO are cons, pure & simple. They pretend to be what they are not so that they can gain the trust of their victims before they attack. They lure the innocent by small actions demonstrating there is a trust factor between themselves and their victims... like a worm on a fishhook that entices the fish; however the end result is that it becomes captured.
I believe a RSO is an expert at conning people as they have had years of experience; IMO, they did not become a RSO from only a one-time incident. They are master manipulators at best, and they pretty much know what does and does not work. JMO

If the person (s) responsible for the abduction of L&L is from the Evansdale area, odds are it is someone that knows Drew and/or Heather as it is such a small area.
My hometown is on the Iowa/Minnesota border; I knew people within a 50 mile radius. That is pretty much how it is in small town communities. You go to area towns for benefits, parades, dances, shopping, school sporting events, family reunions, etc.

I'm feeling sappy tonight.

I just want to thank all the posters that keep up on this thread.

Outsiders included.

:blowkiss:

I wonder how many more people like Klunder Iowa has let out of jail? This is absolutely absurd! Our children need to be protected and so does our public!

Sadly I doubt it's just Iowa, but I do have the same general question.

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but personally the more I read and follow, the more I think Klunder wasn't involved. I kind of wish he was because at least we know he's gone and no longer a threat. It's just a gut feeling, too... I could be totally wrong.

I'm feeling sappy tonight.

I just want to thank all the posters that keep up on this thread.

Outsiders included.

:blowkiss:

I have a big day tomorrow, following a few other cases.

I have to go to court tomorrow. This petty nonsense has been going on since last October. I'll deal with it.

I have been following a few other cases, and I am appalled.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member