IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that bothers me about CF is his date of birth which is one day before the disappearance of our girls. there are other oddities relating to dates also.

Hi 24Roses! Do you have a link for the Casey Fredrickson's trial date delay? That's bizarre to me. Is there going to be a plea deal or they trying to hold off the trial in case the death penalty passes?

Doesn't matter if the death penalty passes or not; the crime clearly took place while the death penalty was not legal in Iowa (and I hope it never will be).

My sense is that the prosecutors would prefer a plea bargain because their case is not that strong. There is no forensic evidence; it mostly rests on the word of a jailhouse informant. What was revealed is damning because it involves details known only to LE and the perp.

However, as in other cases, sometimes what seems like hidden information is no such thing (read up on Henry Lee Lucas' many false confessions for an example).

I don't have a link for any of the above, it is based solely on my hazy recollection of the case over the years.

Originally Posted by rachaellouise View Post
Will the COD ever be released? What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by georger
This kind of wild speculation goes too far for me - see ya.

Good luck on Pluto!

Imo, all comments deserve a respectful reply.. Rachaellouise, imo, considering the pattern of investigators in E & L's investigation; antiquated silence/close to the vest strategy. It is doubtful that any pertinent information, such as COD would be released to the public..

Somehow!???, my response got taken out of context. Maybe I responded to the wrong post but dont think so and I see the original post seems to have been greatly edited down to a single line for some reason?

Bottom line and the reason for my response was: There is no basis whatever for speculating WHAT THE COD was and elaborating about a fictitious COD! Gunshot, strangulation, whatever. We don't even know what was found at 7 Bridges except for shoes? much less the specific COD and modus-operendi.

The public has spent over a year at this with no help from LE. Speculating and then elaborating on a fictional COD is something beyond my frustration meter capacity. All with due respect of course. My first concern is the girls and facts of the case of which there are very few ...

When you post a list, do you highlight the entire article before clicking copy or just the name of the article? Someone posted directions on here a few days ago & I followed them, but it still didn't work.

FWIW I'm not even close to a pro, but I end up pasting stuff into Notepad, reformatting it, and re-copy/pasting it most of the time when I post articles or RSO page info here.

ETA: if you meant "link" not "list" I can't help, sorry! Saw other good posts on this though.

Doesn't matter if the death penalty passes or not; the crime clearly took place while the death penalty was not legal in Iowa (and I hope it never will be).

My sense is that the prosecutors would prefer a plea bargain because their case is not that strong. There is no forensic evidence; it mostly rests on the word of a jailhouse informant. What was revealed is damning because it involves details known only to LE and the perp.

However, as in other cases, sometimes what seems like hidden information is no such thing (read up on Henry Lee Lucas' many false confessions for an example).

I don't have a link for any of the above, it is based solely on my hazy recollection of the case over the years.

Thank you Grainne Dhu! No forensic evidence - ugh! From the photos there has been quite a change in his appearance. Yes, I remember Henry Lee Lucas' and all those horrible false confessions - such a debacle! And, yes I remember other cases of false confessions. Could they also be delaying the trial because the defendant has actually gotten off drugs and his mind is working normally again and his lawyer is going to present evidence that will counter the jailhouse snitch's info? Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I find this all quite interesting in light of Elizabeth and Lyric and their ongoing saga.

Originally Posted by rachaellouise View Post
Will the COD ever be released? What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by georger
This kind of wild speculation goes too far for me - see ya.

Good luck on Pluto!

Somehow!???, my response got taken out of context. Maybe I responded to the wrong post but dont think so and I see the original post seems to have been greatly edited down to a single line for some reason?

Bottom line and the reason for my response was: There is no basis whatever for speculating WHAT THE COD was and elaborating about a fictitious COD! Gunshot, strangulation, whatever. We don't even know what was found at 7 Bridges except for shoes? much less the specific COD and modus-operendi.

The public has spent over a year at this with no help from LE. Speculating and then elaborating on a fictional COD is something beyond my frustration meter capacity. All with due respect of course. My first concern is the girls and facts of the case of which there are very few ...

Dear georger, I think the reason we speculate on the COD because if this was a sexually-motivated crime the COD would likely be strangulation, imo. It's just natural human curiousity to wonder how the girls did die. With Lyric's parents having been involved in some pretty serious drug dealings, I know at one time I feared this was some kind of retaliation in which the girls were driven to 7-Bridges and executed. I remember Somer Thompson's abduction and murder. Her mother, Diena, wanted to know how her daughter was murdered. She fought for the killer to confess fully and give those details. I think it would be natural for a parent to want to know, but I do understand those who would chose not to know those gory details. Peace. :seeya:

So I take it, Klunder isn't involved or for sure we would know by now.

Remember when TG said he saw a white station wagon, the day the girls went missing?

When you post a list, do you highlight the entire article before clicking copy or just the name of the article? Someone posted directions on here a few days ago & I followed them, but it still didn't work.

Hi 24Roses! Here's how I post a link:

1. Right click with your mouse on the article you wish to link. It will bring up a list. From that list, choose Properties.

2. Highlight the link given, place your mouse pointer over the highlighted link and right click again to Copy. (Ctrl C will also copy).

3. Return to where you wish to post the link and right click your mouse and choose Paste (Ctrl V will also paste the link).

Hope that helps! :seeya:

Remember when TG said he saw a white station wagon, the day the girls went missing?

:seeya: Hi cindersoot! Did he say he saw a white station wagon the day the girls went missing when he was posting here? I missed it. Very interesting though! I was hoping he saw a white, older model, full-size SUV-type vehicle (Chevy Suburban, Ford Bronco, or similar)!

I have been going back thru the reports from the beginning of this case just to refresh on some things. I would like to discuss the timeline once again. Pahl said his clock on his camera was 8 minutes slow, right? So if that's right, the survelliance camera caught the girls riding by at 12:03pm instead of 12:20pm.

I'm pretty sure TG said station wagon, I could be wrong, can't find original statement.

The witness spotted the bikes lying on their sides across the path at 12:20pm. From my estimates that gives 17 minutes to ride past the surveillance camera and past Mr. Carpenters house, and get to the lake to lay down bikes and purse and get abducted. And.........witness saw none around.

But...if the cameras clock wasn't 8 minutes slow, that gave them 9 minutes to complete that feat.

And those who say the bikes were staged, wow that's even faster.

Dear georger, I think the reason we speculate on the COD because if this was a sexually-motivated crime the COD would likely be strangulation, imo. It's just natural human curiousity to wonder how the girls did die. With Lyric's parents having been involved in some pretty serious drug dealings, I know at one time I feared this was some kind of retaliation in which the girls were driven to 7-Bridges and executed. I remember Somer Thompson's abduction and murder. Her mother, Diena, wanted to know how her daughter was murdered. She fought for the killer to confess fully and give those details. I think it would be natural for a parent to want to know, but I do understand those who would chose not to know those gory details. Peace. :seeya:

Yes, Bootsctr, some parents want the gruesome detail of their children's last moments and some don't want the gruesome details. Unlike the investigators, who must put together a plausible scenario for the eventual prosecution. Should there ever be one...imo..

If potential lab results from the FBI crime lab, in combination with other info and evidence point to MJ Klunder as being the perp. A prosecution would not take place.

Retired FBI BAU Roger L Depue quote:
http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/2007/01/between-good-and-evil-by-roger-l.html

My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure. During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim.

What must this young girl’s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade?

Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above? Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away?

"Info revealed in the video by Mr & Mrs Meyer, and journalist Anelia K. Dimitrova, imo"- article published December 20, 2012

*7 Bridges Wildlife area park was well known and frequently used by locals in the past. Picnics/family gatherings/fishing/hunting/hiking, etc.
* Locals would get their firewood from 7 bridges park, summer, fall, winter.
*'Hunters discovered Two Bodies'..
* At 11:20 & 11:36 in the video, remnants of a campfire photo observed on creek bank.
* Bodies/remains placed on top of the ground.. Vehicle access to body dumped-Anelia K. Dimitrova's cameraman, 'what's amazing is that they just dumped the bodies, and not bury them'.. 14:55
* At 17:46 there is a blue item on the ground near where the bodies were located.

Published on Dec 20, 2012
By ANELIA K. DIMITROVA

Just a couple of days before the bodies of missing Iowa cousins Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook were discovered, a retired Readlyn firefighter shot a deer with a bunch of buddies in the vicinity of where the bodies were found on Dec. 5.

Bob Meyer, a retired firefighter and a grandfather, said the discovery at 7 Bridges Wildlife Area, has rattled the community with the knowledge that their own backyard has been compromised.
Once a popular park, the area is now a wildlife preserve, said Bremer County Conservation Director Frank Frederick

MISSING NO MORE: Readlyn man hunted near site where Evans
MISSING NO MORE: Readlyn man hunted near site where Evansdale cousins were found - YouTube

Thank you Grainne Dhu! No forensic evidence - ugh! From the photos there has been quite a change in his appearance. Yes, I remember Henry Lee Lucas' and all those horrible false confessions - such a debacle! And, yes I remember other cases of false confessions. Could they also be delaying the trial because the defendant has actually gotten off drugs and his mind is working normally again and his lawyer is going to present evidence that will counter the jailhouse snitch's info? Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. I find this all quite interesting in light of Elizabeth and Lyric and their ongoing saga.

Because Casey Frederiksen (I misspelled his name the first time) lived in the same home as Evelyn, almost all DNA, fingerprint or fibre evidence counts for very little since there are completely innocent reasons for such evidence to be present. Evelyn had been the victim of sexual abuse but LE didn't find any forensic evidence to definitively link it to Frederiksen.

There's really no hurry to bring Frederiksen to trial because he's already in federal prison for his child *advertiser censored* and drug convictions. He won't be released until 2026, so it's not like he's a risk to the public.

I'm sure his lawyer is threatening to discredit the jailhouse witness testimony; it's not hard to impeach the honesty of someone who has multiple convictions! It really depends on the personality of the witness involved. Some people can be totally honest and yet seem untrustworthy, other people can lie like rugs while seeming to be as honest as a saint. Delaying the trial may make sense from one point of view: by separating the jailhouse tip in time from the trial, it may be argued that the jailhouse witness did not benefit from coming forward.

I don't think I overstepped my boundries. Just telling you all what I found out while in Iowa. Im still stuck on CMF. And I really don't have the energy to go back and read through all the 1000's of threads to find out what I can say or what I cant. Just saying, if he has been questioned, so be it. I just know they were looking for a white SUV type vehicle, the latest I heard. White truck with white topper could be mistaken for a white SUV type vehicle. And I never gave no names. Nite all

No worries Rodger - I just didn't want to have any of your posts removed for violating what we are allowed and not allowed to discuss. :) Thank you for the updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member