IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

20270787_BG1.jpg

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
-Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012
http://www.bhcso.org/
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html
http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread - What's Posted in the Scanner Thread, Stays in the Scanner Thread

Case Map by poster hollye

Amandareckonwith's case archive

Related: IA IA - Kathlynn Shepard, 15, Dayton, 20 May 2013 - abduction of 2 girls, 1 located - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and Hollye's Case Map

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34

Authorities are also vetting a man who was arrested last week with Cook-Morrissey's mother, Misty, in Fayette County. Misty Cook-Morrissey and Todd Michael Henriksen face felony drug charges after police found drugs, digital scales and other evidence showing drug distribution, police said.

"Our personnel had been in contact with the Fayette County authorities even before that," Meyers said. "At this point, there's no correlation."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...obe-continues-in-iowa-cousins-deaths/3875803/

Smock says they know where Klunder was on June 12 and 14, but they are still looking into his whereabouts on the 13th -- the day the girls went missing.

VERY INTERESTING!!!

From the same article:

He says they have information about where Klunder might have been, but they aren't ready to release it just yet.

Smock says they know where Klunder was on June 12 and 14, but they are still looking into his whereabouts on the 13th -- the day the girls went missing.

VERY INTERESTING!!!

From Article: EC & LC were abducted July 13, 2012. Not June 13, 2012. Sure hope this is a Typo & MJ Klunder's whereabouts is not being investigated for the wrong month......

RE: Smock said that, although they are following up on a number of leads, they are still not ruling out the late Michael Klunder.

In May, Klunder abducted two girls near Dayton, Iowa, killing one of the girls before killing himself.

He says they have information about where Klunder might have been, but they aren't ready to release it just yet.

You have to scan the street with the arrows in google maps. It is not a car; it is some sort of white delivery vehicle or used for a business, older looking, rusted at the front (bottom), no hub caps.

The vehicle is not in WC's driveway; it is parked across the street from her home in front of what appears to be a multi-unit home.

The picture was taken in August 2012.

With all the talk about white vehicles, this stood out to me and I find it very coincidental it is parked across the street from WC's home.

As I mentioned upthread, the perp could very well have been living in the vicinity of WC's neighbourhood.

imo

Authorities are also vetting a man who was arrested last week with Cook-Morrissey's mother, Misty, in Fayette County. Misty Cook-Morrissey and Todd Michael Henriksen face felony drug charges after police found drugs, digital scales and other evidence showing drug distribution, police said.

"Our personnel had been in contact with the Fayette County authorities even before that," Meyers said. "At this point, there's no correlation."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...obe-continues-in-iowa-cousins-deaths/3875803/

Holy cow. I dk she was arrested....i"m so glad to hear this IS NOT A COLD CASE. NOT AT ALL.

I hope there is an arrest very soon. :tantrum:

Hv we ever heard his name before in regards to the girls case? Any online info on him at all?

You have to scan the street with the arrows in google maps. It is not a car; it is some sort of white delivery vehicle or used for a business, older looking, rusted at the front (bottom), no hub caps.

The vehicle is not in WC's driveway; it is parked across the street from her home in front of what appears to be a multi-unit home.

The picture was taken in August 2012.

With all the talk about white vehicles, this stood out to me and I find it very coincidental it is parked across the street from WC's home.

As I mentioned upthread, the perp could very well have been living in the vicinity of WC's neighbourhood.

imo

Maybe give this link a try? http://goo.gl/maps/u0Vh7

KWWL will show an interview at 5:00 and 6:00 today with the hunters that found Elizabeth & Lyric. If you don't get this channel, the story should be on their website later today.

KWWL will show an interview at 5:00 and 6:00 today with the hunters that found Elizabeth & Lyric. If you don't get this channel, the story should be on their website later today.

Will it be livestreamed, if you know?

I wonder why they are able to talk now?

I wonder why they are able to talk now?

I have to bet there was no way to easily see the cause of death when these hunters found the girls.

IMO if these hunters could easily identify a COD they would NOT want their names out there. People could potentially hound them for info. As long as LE knows without a doubt there was no way for these guys to know COD they won't have an issue with them revealing their identities. But if there was anything clearly visible (shattered skulls from a gunshot, rope/strangulation device, or stab wounds on bone) they would NOT allow these guys to talk. :(

Or, maybe it's as simple as the guys didn't even get close enough or really look at the bodies. They may have seen just a fragment of one of the bodies and clothing or something like that and called LE right away.

My ONLY hesitation with that theory is that it is not all that uncommon for hunters to come across carcasses/bones during hunting season. All the hunters I know would have more than likely did a little "investigative" work (if the bones were not 100% intact) to determine it wasn't a deer or other larger animal carcass.

My guess is the girls were clothed (at least partially) and those hunters knew IMMEDIATELY it wasn't an animal carcass. :(

Will it be livestreamed, if you know?

I'm sure the interview itself was taped, but I'm not sure if the news itself is live streamed. I've just always watched it on t.v. Good question. Maybe just check the website at 5:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member