IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
That link doesn't work for me. :(

Am I the only one who thinks it strange Misty didn't know exactly what they were wearing? Even if she wasn't there when they left, Wylma was, and surely the discussed it when they were performing their own original drive around search?

Have you seen two little cyclists wearing...um...were not sure....

Nope the whole family should've been able to list off what they had on, IMO.

I would think that someone in the family should have been able to give some sort of description - but not sure Misty would be the one. :( She took her in her pajamas to Grandmas and may not have known what she wore once she got there. Wylma or Heather I would have thought for sure, (possibly even Drew) since they were there as well that morning when Wylma came over to watch the kids while Heather went to her appt and Drew went to work. Wylma was the last to see them, so she may have been able to give the best description.

However, I will be the first to admit that I've thought about that situation more than once when it comes to my own kids and know I could easily be in their shoes of not knowing what my kids wear daily.

I leave for work at 5:45 in the morning - my kids aren't even out of bed yet. DH leaves at 6:15 and he literally wakes my kids up on his way out the door so they can get up, get ready for school, and catch the bus.

NEITHER of us know what they wear on their way out the door. :( And it terrifies me to even think about it - (should something happen to one of them) that I wouldn't be able to give a description of what either one had on.
I would easily be able to tell you which shoes they wore - only because my kids don't have a ton of shoes - and mayyyybe could figure it out with my son (14) since he seems to wear the same things.

But my 12 year old daughter? No way. She and her friends exchange clothing to borrow and wear all the time. I see clothes come through my laundry I know I've never purchased, and when asked I get "mom...so and so and I traded shirts".

I love that they do this - it's cheaper than me buying new stuff - BUT, I couldn't begin to tell you what she wore to the end of our driveway to catch the bus on a daily basis.
In the summer it would be no different. They don't get out of bed until late morning and DH and I are long gone for work before their sleepy heads are out of bed. :(

And only until these girls went missing did it ever occur to me that I could easily be in the exact same situation.

The big difference here is that there WERE multiple adults around and no one apparently noticed what they had on. I do find that a bit strange.

In the beginning I never thought that the date ( friday 13th) meant anything. But as I investigiate further I'm starting to see some connections. Here is something I found thats interesting. Satanic holidays describe July 20-26 to be a day of abduction and ceremonial preparation and holding of sacrificial victim for grand climax. They take young females. They fully celebrate Friday the 13th. It also states that different satanic rituals change dates. Being a Christian it is hard for me to wrap the idea around my head that this stuff is real, but it is.

I'm not saying that this case is satanic in any way, I just wanted to throw this out for discussion.

I would think that someone in the family should have been able to give some sort of description - but not sure Misty would be the one. :( She took her in her pajamas to Grandmas and may not have known what she wore once she got there. Wylma or Heather I would have thought for sure, (possibly even Drew) since they were there as well that morning when Wylma came over to watch the kids while Heather went to her appt and Drew went to work. Wylma was the last to see them, so she may have been able to give the best description.

However, I will be the first to admit that I've thought about that situation more than once when it comes to my own kids and know I could easily be in their shoes of not knowing what my kids wear daily.

I leave for work at 5:45 in the morning - my kids aren't even out of bed yet. DH leaves at 6:15 and he literally wakes my kids up on his way out the door so they can get up, get ready for school, and catch the bus.

NEITHER of us know what they wear on their way out the door. :( And it terrifies me to even think about it - (should something happen to one of them) that I wouldn't be able to give a description of what either one had on.
I would easily be able to tell you which shoes they wore - only because my kids don't have a ton of shoes - and mayyyybe could figure it out with my son (14) since he seems to wear the same things.

But my 12 year old daughter? No way. She and her friends exchange clothing to borrow and wear all the time. I see clothes come through my laundry I know I've never purchased, and when asked I get "mom...so and so and I traded shirts".

I love that they do this - it's cheaper than me buying new stuff - BUT, I couldn't begin to tell you what she wore to the end of our driveway to catch the bus on a daily basis.
In the summer it would be no different. They don't get out of bed until late morning and DH and I are long gone for work before their sleepy heads are out of bed. :(

And only until these girls went missing did it ever occur to me that I could easily be in the exact same situation.

The big difference here is that there WERE multiple adults around and no one apparently noticed what they had on. I do find that a bit strange.

And wasn't Misty talking to Nancy Grace at the time? I assume that someone gave LE an idea of what they were wearing.

And I'm with you, 3CK. I don't always know what my 13 year old is wearing. I see her briefly before my husband takes her up to catch the bus. She comes home, almost always to an empty house. I think I will again stress the importance of staying safe. To eye-rolls of course.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

And wasn't Misty talking to Nancy Grace at the time? I assume that someone gave LE an idea of what they were wearing.

And I'm with you, 3CK. I don't always know what my 13 year old is wearing. I see her briefly before my husband takes her up to catch the bus. She comes home, almost always to an empty house. I think I will again stress the importance of staying safe. To eye-rolls of course.

:floorlaugh:

Yes but if someone called you and said your daughter was missing you would be looking.

The very first person you approached will say "what were they wearing" at which point you'd find out.

You wouldn't just say, I don't know.

You'd call the last person who saw them, and find out.

God I was a working single mum I know the guilt...but I still think she should've known by that stage. I doubt either girl had a walk in closet, and you know what your own kid likes to wear. Its just odd.

I'd have to really dig to find it but I remember reading here about someone who now takes a quick photo of their child every day on her cell phone, just so she has a very current photo and knows what her daughter was wearing. Of course what a child's wearing might change between the front door and school, but I thought it was a good idea.

Yes but if someone called you and said your daughter was missing you would be looking.

The very first person you approached will say "what were they wearing" at which point you'd find out.

You wouldn't just say, I don't know.

You'd call the last person who saw them, and find out.

God I was a working single mum I know the guilt...but I still think she should've known by that stage. I doubt either girl had a walk in closet, and you know what your own kid likes to wear. Its just odd.

Yes, but this is Misty we're talking about.

O/T but Heather was in front of us at Target today.....

I'd have to really dig to find it but I remember reading here about someone who now takes a quick photo of their child every day on her cell phone, just so she has a very current photo and knows what her daughter was wearing. Of course what a child's wearing might change between the front door and school, but I thought it was a good idea.

I remember...it seems like a good idea if a little extreme.

My kids were always in school uniform or with me. I know for a fact they would rather die than borrow clothing so it would be easy to figure out what they were wearing.

Does anyone else think its weird for a kid to cycle hat distance in flip flops? I have memories of stubbed toes which meant I always wore proper shoes if I was cycling far.

Yes, but this is Misty we're talking about.

O/T but Heather was in front of us at Target today.....

How did she look?

Better than on TV? She's so thin....

Mind you some of those frail looking folks are tougher than the rest of us put together.

My kids were always in school uniform or with me. I know for a fact they would rather die than borrow clothing so it would be easy to figure out what they were wearing.

Does anyone else think its weird for a kid to cycle hat distance in flip flops? I have memories of stubbed toes which meant I always wore proper shoes if I was cycling far.

We've seen girls in flipflops halfway up Mt. Washington, which is a place I would say you have to have serious hiking boots...

Yeah I thought it was a good idea although I can see any kid over about age 10 going "Mooooommmm no!"

Maybe it's just where I live, but I don't find the flip flops all that surprising. People around here (Sacramento CA area) wear flip flops and shorts pretty much year round. I'm also thinking since Lyric wasn't at her own house maybe she didn't have that many shoe options to choose from. The girls had just poured some juice, so even if they were stretching the rules a bit I don't think they planned to be gone all that long.

Heather looked fabulous. She always does! At least on Facebook. Great in person, too.

JC's open 3rd degree burglary case has been updated. Looks like the judge's order for continuance this time.

ORDER FOR CONTINUANCE DALRYMPLE JOEL A 01/15/2014 01/17/2014 01/17/2014
Comments: 2/13/14 @ 10:30 AM FOR PTC & 2/18/14 @ 9 AM FOR TRL

ORDER FOR PRETRIAL CONFERENCE COIL JAMES D. 12/12/2013 12/16/2013 12/16/2013
Comments: 1/16/14 @ 10:30 AM & TRL 1/21/14 @ 9 AM

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/SelectFrame

Hi everyone... I haven't written on here in a while... been sick and gone... but I was reading through the past several pages and this one I'm quoting jumped out at me.

I can't remember - what did Mia get busted for bureglry for? Was it guns? I thought this article odd when I read it in the newspaper - and actually, I'm rather shocked we haven't seen much about it in the news since... I got my friend to help me find it online.... so i could paste it for you.

It could be nothing - it could be something. A few things that stick out to me are:
1. Mia maybe doing the same thing?
2. They cased out that little town and knew enough where to break in in daylight? Could the girls have come across thieves like these and had to go at gunpoint?
3. Wasn't there some issue in the beginning with the lake - most people were gone during the day? And even some people (the ones with the paddleboat?) were on vacation? Could that have all been scoped similarly?
4. Why do the cops have their guns drawn? They must have thought this potentially dangerous - right?
5. I am terrible at searching for connections - but I know some of you have done it many many times.... do you notice connections?
6. How can 2 big crimes like this happen in broad daylight in a seemingly little town?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_51b09891-6565-5acd-869d-d7854e74970b.html (sorry I forgot the first time!)

Hi everyone... I haven't written on here in a while... been sick and gone... but I was reading through the past several pages and this one I'm quoting jumped out at me.

I can't remember - what did Mia get busted for bureglry for? Was it guns? I thought this article odd when I read it in the newspaper - and actually, I'm rather shocked we haven't seen much about it in the news since... I got my friend to help me find it online.... so i could paste it for you.

It could be nothing - it could be something. A few things that stick out to me are:
1. Mia maybe doing the same thing?
2. They cased out that little town and knew enough where to break in in daylight? Could the girls have come across thieves like these and had to go at gunpoint?
3. Wasn't there some issue in the beginning with the lake - most people were gone during the day? And even some people (the ones with the paddleboat?) were on vacation? Could that have all been scoped similarly?
4. Why do the cops have their guns drawn? They must have thought this potentially dangerous - right?
5. I am terrible at searching for connections - but I know some of you have done it many many times.... do you notice connections?
6. How can 2 big crimes like this happen in broad daylight in a seemingly little town?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_51b09891-6565-5acd-869d-d7854e74970b.html (sorry I forgot the first time!)

Who is Mia?

In the beginning I never thought that the date ( friday 13th) meant anything. But as I investigiate further I'm starting to see some connections. Here is something I found thats interesting. Satanic holidays describe July 20-26 to be a day of abduction and ceremonial preparation and holding of sacrificial victim for grand climax. They take young females. They fully celebrate Friday the 13th. It also states that different satanic rituals change dates. Being a Christian it is hard for me to wrap the idea around my head that this stuff is real, but it is.

Just thought I would throw this in the pot . The vial of Blood that was in a Church in Italy was recently stolen from the church that held the relic's of Pope John Paul 11 and the Church fears it will be used by satanist's doing there whatever's. Cindersoot you are a marvel .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member