IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

The last name is familiar, will keep an eye out.
In the meantime, in other 0t but who knows poss. related news ...
Wonder if "our girls" were 'treated" with bleach, making perp's DNA difficult to obtain?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2014/02/20/21483041.html
bbm.
"Pittsburgh police were questioning a man on Wednesday they say could be linked to the killing of two sisters of an Iowa politician who were found shot nearly two weeks ago, Pennsylvania media reported.

Susan and Sarah Wolfe, aged 44 and 38 respectively, the sisters of Iowa state representative Mary Wolfe, were found slain on Feb. 7 in the basement of a home they shared.

On Wednesday, Pittsburgh police were interviewing a man while they executed a search warrant at his residence next door to where the sisters lived, according to WTAE-TV, an ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh.

A Pittsburgh police department spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

Sources told the television station the two women were found dead, each with a gunshot wound to her head and their bodies doused with bleach"

well I guess the mind's that kill havefound a new disgusting way to cover their tracks, l had some pc trouble am using a lap top now till my repair is done but , I will always pray for those sweet dear Angels whose life was taken from them . RIP L& L . The perp that stole and murdered our girl'S will without doubt answer for their crime's .Just continued patience on our part .I do truly believe we will certainly get ouR answer NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES YOU CAN'T HIDE WERE GOING TO FIND YOU .

It's interesting that this is one of the few cases of missing/deceased girls in this age range where the general assumption isn't a sex crime.

I'm starting to think based on the statistical likelihood that this indeed was a sex crime, kidnapping, rape and immediate murder.

The fact that the parents have a criminal record has merely been a distraction.

Based on the other cases I'm thinking the girls were dead before the police were notified.

JMO, MOO, all that

and of course, I could be completely wrong

It's interesting that this is one of the few cases of missing/deceased girls in this age range where the general assumption isn't a sex crime.

I'm starting to think based on the statistical likelihood that this indeed was a sex crime, kidnapping, rape and immediate murder.

Based on the other cases I'm thinking the girls were dead before the police were notified.

JMO, MOO, all that

You might be completely wrong, but that would make two of us. This is exactly what I think too.

Maybe that is the same MOD with these two precious kids....they have held so much close to the vest in this case. Maybe this is the break they've been waiting for. One can hope..

Springfield, Missouri to Evansdale, Iowa - 7 hours north.

RIP Hailey Owens.

FACT: Law Enforcement & the Public MUST Act Quickly

snipped:

"At least three people told police they saw Hailey as she was pulled inside a pickup truck that had driven back and forth several times down the street before the driver stopped to ask the girl for directions. One homeowner gave chase on foot, and another followed the fleeing truck in his own car."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...od-_n_4830670.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000021

JMO, MOO, all that

BBM - and of great relief to those responsible giving them great comfort in knowing they will not get caught, at least this time around .... JMO

JMO, MOO, all that

It could be a thrill kill without the sexual component, as well. But basically I'm inclined to agree.

victims are often killed because they are known by their abductors, just saying
:websleuther:

I don't think a transient committed this crime.

Whoever did it had intimate knowledge, because "whoever" allegedly parked where only locals would park.

Let alone the isolation of the dump site.

:moo:

Oh, I totally agree with you SS. This was not a transient who committed these murders. MJK was not a transient. In fact, according to the news reports, it was shock to the community that he abducted the 12 y/o and killed Kathlynn Shepard. I believe the person who snuffed out Elizabeth and Lyric's lives may be embedded in the community - not Evansdale, but Waterloo. In fact, I am thinking this person or persons actually followed Wilma, Misty and Lyric on July 13, 2012 to Waterloo. I've always thought Lizzie might have been the intended victim since it happened on the Collins' stomping grounds and not Lyric's, but my opinion has changed. I do think Misty and Lyric were the ones being stalked/followed. :moo:

Yep, very early on, when the FBI was still reporting that they thought the girls were alive, I predicted that they weren't and would be found near Dunkerton. I said in the hunting area east of Dunkerton, they would be found by hunters. . .but my jaw dropped when they were actually found so close to the area AND by hunters.

I will hold my tongue about that, but those things that made me predict that still way heavily on my mind.

ETA- just so nobody thinks I'm creepy, very early on in this case I read an article, I actually think it was an academic piece or study, about how FBI profilers are trained. As I worked my way through that reading, I just put in what my initial thoughts were here. At the end, when I asked, "If I was an FBI profiler, what would I conclude?" I ended up in the area of Dunkerton. . .someplace secluded, but known. So I picked the slightly wooded area to the east and figured if they were found it would be by hunters when the area opened back up to hunting. That was a dang good article!

I certainly do not think you're creepy. I think you made an informed calculation based on very good information and your prediction was on spot. I know this case has given me cold chills more than once, and I felt there would be another abduction when so many reported abductions were being reported. It hit me like a ton of bricks when Kathlynn and 12 y/o were abducted after I asked for a scanner thread to be opened. I thought it would be Evansdale and it would be 2 victims. No, I do not think MJK killed L&L. He killed himself because he knew after his crimes against Kathlynn and the 12 y/o he was going back where he never should have been released. I watch entirely too much ID and I have learned that many of the 's kill themselves - not because they're guilty of the current crime, but because they do not want to go back to prison. Very sick individuals. :banghead:

victims are often killed because they are known by their abductors, just saying
:websleuther:

Yes, but there are degrees of knowing and familiarity. If Lyric or Lizzie knew this person just by waving at him on their bikes around the neighborhood or if this person had actually engaged them in conversation perhaps even in the presence of a parent - then to the child, or most children I would venture to say, that person is known/familiar and would not set off any alarm bells immediately for the child until it is too late.

I thought I would post this little update on the 12 y/o who outsmarted her attacker - MJK - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...****-H****-banned-high-school-volleyball.html

"A 12-year-old girl who was kidnapped by a convicted sex offender but managed to escape has been banned from the volleyball court by her school.

D*** H*****, who has chosen to reveal her identity following her horrific ordeal, was told on Tuesday that she could not play the sport which she finds therapeutic.

Miss ****** was abducted with her friend Kathlynn Shepard as they walked home from school in May in Dayton, Iowa. Miss Shepard was murdered and her body found in the Des Moines river a month later.

"As part of her healing process, the 12-year-old has been attending twice-weekly therapy sessions but also finds solace from her ordeal in sports, in particular horse riding and playing on her high school volleyball team.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ned-high-school-volleyball.html#ixzz2uLLpYr3s

Link will not work because I blocked the 12 y/o name, but if you google Kathlynn Shepard and scroll down you will find the update on Kathlynn's friend.

There is a picture I wish I could post because she's wearing her cowboy boots and she looks like the survivor she is. Such a shame! I'd be wearing my a-kicking boots too if I had been through what she had survived. . . Thoughts anyone?

I certainly do not think you're creepy. I think you made an informed calculation based on very good information and your prediction was on spot. I know this case has given me cold chills more than once, and I felt there would be another abduction when so many reported abductions were being reported. It hit me like a ton of bricks when Kathlynn and 12 y/o were abducted after I asked for a scanner thread to be opened. I thought it would be Evansdale and it would be 2 victims. No, I do not think MJK killed L&L. He killed himself because he knew after his crimes against Kathlynn and the 12 y/o he was going back where he never should have been released. I watch entirely too much ID and I have learned that many of the 's kill themselves - not because they're guilty of the current crime, but because they do not want to go back to prison. Very sick individuals. :banghead:

This made me laugh because this is SO me, as well. My dad came over on Saturday and when he came in said "whatcha watchin?" and my husband says "same thing she watches any time she's in control of the remote - murders, crimes or lockup". LOL

Let's put these precious girls back on the first page.

I found the girls back on the 3rd page. I don't often post in this forum, but I do read it on a daily basis. I have really believed that LE has leads in this case and is just waiting to put the bow on the package. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm going to grab a blanket because I'm thinking we have a cold case.
RIP Elizabeth and Lyric. You have touched the heart of this southern mother.

JMO, MOO, all that

You might be completely wrong, but that would make two of us. This is exactly what I think too.

BBM - and of great relief to those responsible giving them great comfort in knowing they will not get caught, at least this time around .... JMO

Make that three of us. :notgood: :sick: :maddening:

make it four

Count me out.

A sex crime means a predator, and a predator means the community is warned.

LE have issued ZERO warnings or BOLOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member